Kali Mist CFL Scrog Grow Journal - 05-19-13

ill be damned..this stuff is fucking beautiful

wait crimzonblitz? is that you? why is a pure sativa coming down already? what week you crop out!?

so tasty looking for sure..would love a cut

simons serious 6 is running well. one plant is weak but OK
Thanks b.real it is beautiful. The smell isnt that great though. Maybe cause its not fully cured. I took 1 plant as soon as the trichs began to turn cloudy and took the second and third when it became cloudy. Guess it was a fast finisher, maybe the glr light schedule?

Happy Sativaday Crimson:)

I wanted to share an observation with everyone while its fresh on my mind. I finally got around to inspecting the root balls from the harvest. The plant with no veg time had practicly no roots which probably accounted for its minimal yield. Quality was sublime and by far the best from the plant with no veg time. The next plant with the most topping also had a small rootball but more roots than the test plant. I believe with topping the plant focuses more energy on vegetative growth instead of roots. The last plant had a huge and very dense root ball. This plant was topped 8x total but significantly less than the second plant. This plant had the highest yield but lowest quality smoke.

The smoke is still fantastic weeks later and is getting better. This is not a knockout high or even a potent high. This is a quality high, and thats what sets kali mist apart from the redt of the girls. My 2 vegging kali mist plants are dying. My job is taking my life away and im unable to properly care for my girls. I decided to trash them and germ from seed so im starting over, 2 months veg wasted... Im germing kali mist and bubblegummer from female seeds. Hope these gorls dont suffer the same fate as the last. Wish me luck! I will try to update my journal when i can

I would appreciate some feedback on transplanting. My first grow i started in 2gal pots once the seeds germ. Should i start in small pots and transplant as needed or start in a 3-5 gal pot? Pros/cons?

My thought is transplanting = stress and slowed gowth, however i read tap root goes straight down hits the bottom and wraps around the side of the pot. By transplanting it allows the roots to fill in the center of the soil instead of just the outer rim. Does this sound accurate?

Hey Crimson...

For my transplanting I like to grow in little seedling pots until they REALLY fill it up, then one transplant to their finishing pot. Right now I have my clones in 1 Liter airpots, pretty small, in a week or two I will transplant my keepers into 15 gallon airpots for finishing of veg/training and then flower. Before when I have started seeds/clones in big pots they really seemed to grow slow at first, so that backs up theory you mentioned. But it was also too dam hot the whole time for the new seedlings in summer. So not a very controlled test.

Hey crimson I read through your journal last night and this AM. Looks like you did a fine job with minimal expense! I know you had to do some midstream modifications on your equipment, never an easy thing, but the lines on your light box are super clean. I'm very interested in your Kali Mist adventures because I've got Sag's Western Winds in veg now. Supposedly these are the same lineage.

Again, you've knocked it out of the park with the CFLs bro!

Kali Mist Flower Day 44 ....... Total Days 87 - 08/13/13

IMG_62411.JPG
IMG_62432.JPG
IMG_62452.JPG
IMG_62484.JPG
IMG_62491.JPG
IMG_62512.JPG
IMG_62592.JPG
IMG_62681.JPG
IMG_62722.JPG
IMG_62742.JPG
IMG_62762.JPG
IMG_62772.JPG
IMG_62783.JPG
IMG_62794.JPG
IMG_62812.JPG
IMG_62831.JPG
IMG_62843.JPG
IMG_62854.JPG

Whats up neighbor? Congrats on your harvest. Just looking simply divine there. That was one hell of a pictorial.

Kali Mist Final Cured and Jared Product - 09/30/13

A month later... and introducing 3 new ladies all from seed a week after germ, starting from the left we have Bubble Gum, Kali Mist, and Afghan Kush. I'm thinking about a fourth Lemon Kush but not sure yet, this will be in a new journal if I get time these days.

IMG_71892.JPG
IMG_71912.JPG
IMG_71921.JPG
IMG_71932.JPG
IMG_7194.JPG
IMG_71952.JPG
IMG_71962.JPG
IMG_71971.JPG
IMG_71982.JPG
IMG_71992.JPG
IMG_72021.JPG

Back