Kandysmans' Soiless Mix Bubblicious & 1 Bag Seed Grow - First Time Grow

kandysman

What strain is it? [BUBBLICIOUS]
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? [PURE INDICA]
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? [SEED]
Indoor or outdoor? [INDOOR]
Soil or Hydro?[SOILESS MIX] Fafard 3b mix
If soil... what is in your mix? Mix contains; peat moss,pearlte,vermiculite, processed pine bark,starter nutes
If soil... What size pot? Will transfer to 5 gallon buckets
Type of light... Cfls' (9 18w, 9 13w 6 23w 6 55w 2700k) (18 23w 5000k) (6 23w 6500k) total watts 1299w
Room temp 75 degrees f
RH Between 45% to 55
PH of soiless mix 6.5
Type and strength of ferts used? Lilly Miller master formula all purpose plant food 24-8-16 veg
Green Light Super Bloom 12-55-6 for flower
My grow space is fully enclosed 10,L by 4,W by 6,H plastic covered by cardboard painted flat white.
ventilation is 1,4,in. inline 80,cfm duct fan vented in to chimney,
intake is 2, 4,in. holes with dryer duct acting as light trap
1 18 in. oscillating fan.
# of plants [10 bubblicious and 1 bag seed for a total of 11]
Seeds were ordered from buydutchseeds.com [sponser:thumb:]

Ok, well this is my first ever grow. I started 2 bag seeds before my ordered seeds arrived. I thought they both died so i kinda forgot about them. I came back a few days later and found that one of them stood back up on its own so i figured who am i not to give it a chance since it was so determined to live! So that's why the bag seed is included in this journal.
OK so i have gotten tons of info on seed germination and just as many tips.I found xlr8s' germination techniques and think i will give that a go with some experiments of my own. I will try the paper towel method for only 2 of my seed because i am using rapid rooter plugs and a propagation tray. i am soaking all 10 seeds in rain water until they crack and then place them directly in rapid rooter plugs. I have scarified 5 of them and left 5 alone,to test the pros and cons of this technique, also i am going to place 4 of them taproot down and 4 of them taproot up,there seems to be some debate on witch works best so ill try and see what works best for me and will share all this info in my journal.and as i said the last 2 will be put in paper towel until the taproot is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch long and then ill place them both in plugs. I have included pics of the bag seed plant. as soon as its first set of true leaves developed the top half of the stem that is above the soil (i started this seed directly in my Fafard 3b mix) shrank to half the size of the rest of the stem and the plant just bent in half and the colydon leaves turned brown and shriveled completely. When i looked again days later it had stood back up!!! It has severely stunted its growth considering the plant is now 6 weeks old but it is starting to grow much faster now.
download16.jpg
download_1_2.jpg
download_2_1.jpg

Re: kandysmans' soiless mix bubblicious and 1 bag seed grow(first time grow)

ok i have had a lot going onso i havnt been able to post in a while. Well there was an accident with my 10 bubblicious seeds so they are ruined:oops::rip:.my bag seed is still kickin but it is havn some trouble.
IMG_20130129_113121.jpg
IMG_20130129_113112.jpg
IMG_20130129_113100.jpg
IMG_20130129_113052.jpg
IMG_20130129_103524.jpg
IMG_20130129_103516.jpg
the leaves color is good but as u see there is serious curling. I think it may be a temperature prob. the plant was in my kitchen for a while and were the temp was in the low to mid sixties while i was finishing my room. the temp in there is staying around 79 to 81 with just cfl's. i am posting pics of my set up and would love all the advise i can get.my fan broke and i have to replace it Friday.
IMG_20130129_113841.jpg
IMG_20130129_113806.jpg
IMG_20130129_113440.jpg
IMG_20130129_113400.jpg
IMG_20130129_113345.jpg
IMG_20130129_113150.jpg
IMG_20130129_113157.jpg

i know i have a lot to do but some advise on how to move forward is much needed.I have started 4 more bubblicious seeds that will be accompanying my bag seed soon.

I know my setup is a little ghetto but does that mean that i don't deserve a response to my questions. I try to contribute were i can but a little help my way would be greatly appreciated. If i am doing something wrong as far as posting or community guidelines please let me know so i can correct the prob. seems like most are eager to answer members questions but my journal was started on Jan.18 and i don't have a single response. i promise im not trying to be a s*#t head,just need some advise

Hey Kandysman, Welcome to 420 mate :)

We'l get this sorted,
Right, how often have you been watering or how little?

Doesnt look under watered to me looks over watered leading to over feeding , lock outs and all the rest. But as the soil seems dry it may not be.

Are you feeding yet as you wont be needing to yet with them in soil?

Dont think its a temp problem , that slight temp change wouldn't affect anything. My room goes quite cold at night.
Over feeding or over watering i'm steering to, so you fill in the blanks and we'l work it out :)

Dont think your setup ghetto think its cool. Mate I would love a room that size. If your germinating in water and growing in soil, why not just put the germed seed straight from water to soil? Think that would be easier on the seedling.

If this doesnt work , maybe too late on such a young plant, then we'l get you some help here and fill that room no problems!
You got enough veg light for 10 plants there at least!! I got a good soil mix at the min in my journal, just feed water and compost teas. Its an easy soil mix to handle as no nutes or pH is needed. You might want to check it out might help you with your soil and CFL. I use both.

We' get them room packed mate!! :thumb:

Good luck k-man,,i'm real new here and was wondering,, is that much light necessary?
from what i understand, in a room as big as mine its its prob just enough lite but this is my first grow so i really cant be sure.

Hey Kandysman, Welcome to 420 mate :)

We'l get this sorted,
Right, how often have you been watering or how little?

Doesnt look under watered to me looks over watered leading to over feeding , lock outs and all the rest. But as the soil seems dry it may not be.

Are you feeding yet as you wont be needing to yet with them in soil?

Dont think its a temp problem , that slight temp change wouldn't affect anything. My room goes quite cold at night.
Over feeding or over watering i'm steering to, so you fill in the blanks and we'l work it out :)

Dont think your setup ghetto think its cool. Mate I would love a room that size. If your germinating in water and growing in soil, why not just put the germed seed straight from water to soil? Think that would be easier on the seedling.

If this doesnt work , maybe too late on such a young plant, then we'l get you some help here and fill that room no problems!
You got enough veg light for 10 plants there at least!! I got a good soil mix at the min in my journal, just feed water and compost teas. Its an easy soil mix to handle as no nutes or pH is needed. You might want to check it out might help you with your soil and CFL. I use both.

We' get them room packed mate!! :thumb:
thanks jbc420 i really need the help. I bought one of those light,moisture,ph combo probe things and when i put it in to root level it reads about half way in the moist zone. says it isnt wet or dry but the thing was only 12$ so who knows its accuracy. I think after i get the hang of it i wont need the gauge but for now im a little lost.i have made a quarter level mix with the veg food i have and feed her once but that was a while ago.about 10 days.the old growth is starting to look better and there is a lot of new growth but it is curled as well.i have no idea what to do.

:bump:

Sorry mate been really busy with work at the min.

Do you think maybe the pot is too big and holding a lot of water. Get it out of that pot into a new soil mix and into a small pot, one it can drink the water out of. When its in its new soil dont feed for 2 weeks as soil will have that covered. Use new soil and re-pot. Dont water on the first day as you dont want to damage re-potted roots. The next day have some water ready that has bee standing for 24hr to let the chlorine evaporate.

Re-pot will probably sort it out but stay away from the nutes for now. Once watered wait until the new pot is light when you lift it to be sure the water has gone and water again.

Put it in less than a 1 gallon pot so you can have more control over feeds. Will put it in a bigger pot when the time is ready.

Does that bucket have holes in the bottom? Either way get it out its not happy there. If all else fails start over the way I just suggested and all will be good. If you want some info on soil click on my top link the super soil one and follow the instructions. Dont worry about super soil just use your normal soil for now and we'l work from there.

Really sorry for late reply been working a lot recently. Hope all goes well mate :high-five:

One more thing , when you re-pot take most of the soil from around the roots. Dont expose too much but get that wet off them for now. Just break it off in your hands but try not to break too many roots and keep the root ball intact. Some will probably of gone quite deep dont worry about them it will recover. Re-pot should sort this.

Sorry mate been really busy with work at the min.

Do you think maybe the pot is too big and holding a lot of water. Get it out of that pot into a new soil mix and into a small pot, one it can drink the water out of. When its in its new soil dont feed for 2 weeks as soil will have that covered. Use new soil and re-pot. Dont water on the first day as you dont want to damage re-potted roots. The next day have some water ready that has bee standing for 24hr to let the chlorine evaporate.

Re-pot will probably sort it out but stay away from the nutes for now. Once watered wait until the new pot is light when you lift it to be sure the water has gone and water again.

Put it in less than a 1 gallon pot so you can have more control over feeds. Will put it in a bigger pot when the time is ready.

Does that bucket have holes in the bottom? Either way get it out its not happy there. If all else fails start over the way I just suggested and all will be good. If you want some info on soil click on my top link the super soil one and follow the instructions. Dont worry about super soil just use your normal soil for now and we'l work from there.

Really sorry for late reply been working a lot recently. Hope all goes well mate :high-five:

One more thing , when you re-pot take most of the soil from around the roots. Dont expose too much but get that wet off them for now. Just break it off in your hands but try not to break too many roots and keep the root ball intact. Some will probably of gone quite deep dont worry about them it will recover. Re-pot should sort this.
thanks for the help. I didnt have anything to make good holes when i started so u used a nail and put a bunch of holes, like 25 ,but after reading ur post about over watering i went down there and bored the holes out much much larger and water just poured out.and considering that i hadn't watered in a couple days i think u were right on about the water. today the plant looks so much better and had a growth explosion last night. I had ordered 23 seeds from buy dutch seeds and only on of them germinated so that lady will be in there soon. I emailed the seed peps and am seeing if they will correct the prob but time will tell.thanks so much ++++++reps. If she isnt in tip top shape tomorrow i will go ahed with the re_pot but she looked so good today i think i will give it to tomorrow.

well out of all my bubblelicious seeds only one germinated. so this grow is almost a total bust for me.but not completely tho.

Well she is a beast. I had one bag seed going when she germed and it turned out to be a boy so I tossed him and ordered some seeds from a good source (castle seed co) so they would all germ. I let the one bubbs I had veg till my new seeds were here and ready to flower. I started a new journal for the bubbs and my new seeds. I had to shut down the room they were in and move to a better spot but I'm about to pick up on the journal were I left off. The link is in my sig. So sub up cause I'm bout to put up a bunch more pics of how they look now they week 5 of flower

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom