Kassquatch's First Time Early Miss Auto Fem Full Outdoor In Planter - May 2018

Kassquatch

First timer here! I started 2 seeds off on my own website doing a journal 3-4 weeks ago but I somehow (well I know how) killed 2 seeds because I do not have a green thumb. So I figured I will post here to a) get some tips, and b) show people just because why not.

Before I get to my journal, I will say how weed has helped me. I do not actually like smoking it. At all. I hate the taste. Vaping it has helped with that though. And since I have a high tolerance for things going into my body, pills just don’t work for me. The reason I eventually decided to try smoking weed was because of a neck injury and with that insomnia came because of pain. I couldn’t sleep for more than 15 – 30 minutes before I woke up. It wasn’t just a wake up and turn over and go back to sleep. It was a wake up, get up, stretch or go get ice or heatpads, and then get back into bed 15 minutes later. I was surprised how well it worked for me the first night. I got some indica from the local dispensary after doing some research for pain/insomnia. But I was getting tired of paying $15-$25/g and figured I should have a go at growing it myself. So I did!
So with that, here is my first timer grow journal! I will update this post as it grows (hopefully this does better than my last 2!)

This grow is a 99% (other than water/papertowel) outside in a pot grow. No indoors, no lights, etc. So please don't recommend that.

I plan on doing this with as minimal interaction as possible. I don't have the green thumb as mentioned before to do all the ph testing, etc that I have read about. I'm simply trying a set it and forget it approach. I don't care about maximizing high yields etc yet. Maybe in the future. I will be bringing the pot inside when the nights get below 10°C

Starting details:
Seed: Crop Kings auto-flowering feminized Early Miss
Date started: May 14 2018 (seed went in cup of water)
Starting seed method: cup of room temp water for 15 hours/wet paper towel method
Bucket size once seeded: 7gal (its 15" across by 10" high in octagon shape tapered)
Medium: "Organic Potting Mix with horticultural grade peat moss, pure coconut coir, premium aged organic compost and soil" (from bag)

Day 1: May 14th 2018
  • It went into the cup of room temp water at 7:00pm. I will call this one Lolo. (previous 2 that died were layla and lola, I don't know why I chose these names)

Day 2: May 15th 2018
  • Took the seed (Lolo) out of the water at 15 hours and placed it in the paper towel. Keeping paper towel moist all day. Checked Lolo at 9:00pm and it cracked open.

Day 3: May 16th 2018
  • Lolo has cracked open with a root coming out. It's about 3/8" long. God I hope Lolo works. Keeping paper towel moist.

Thanks!

Also, am I missing something? Can I not edit my first post and just post updates in there? Or do I have to make a new reply each time. (EDIT: Im guessing it is a time based thing that you only have so long to make edits since I can edit this one right now)

Day 4: May 17th 2018
  • Lolo is doing great! growing way faster than the first 2. First 2 seeds took 7 days to get to this point. Will probably plant tonight or tomorrow.

I've had good success with the paper towel method, but one thing to consider is the root is extremely fragile and sensitive so it may be best to not examine it too much. I'd recommend to get her in soil as soon as possible. I've more or less switched to direct seeding at this point as it's just simpler with less chance of damaging anything.

Kass: you only have about a couple hours to edit your post. There will be an edit button below your post, if you are within the time period. After that, just reply to your own posts and see if you can edit the text. If not, just comment on your update/edit in your reply.

Don't worry about typos. We get the jist. ;-)

Thanks all! For the edit thing, I am a organized person so I wanted to keep it all in 1 post, chronologically so people didn't have to read through everything. Oh well!

Day 4: May 17th 2018 (continued)

• After PE636 saying I should get it into soil as soon as possible, I checked the seed and it grew 1/8" in like 5 hours, so I decided to put her in the pot! put it about 1/2" down with the root as much as I could downwards but its mostly sideways as I didnt want to touch it (I just lightly put it in off the paper towel). 4 pictures of seed root size, depth, seed in soil, and pot.

Day 5: May 18th 2018
  • Nothing new in the morning. Looks like a pot of dirt. Checked soil and seemed fine.

Yesterdays daily total sunlight: 6 hours
Yesterdays Average daytime temp: 15°C
Yesterdays Average nighttime temp: 10°C
Yesterdays Average daytime relative humidity: ~78%
Yesterdays Average nighttime relative humidity: ~95%

Day 6: May 19th 2018

• Lolo is doing great! She sprouted today when I checked at 3:30pm. In the morning there was nothing. This seed definitely seems to be a better seed than the first 2 as I really haven't done anything different.
Yesterdays daily total sunlight: 15 hours
Yesterdays Average daytime temp: 14°C
Yesterdays Average nighttime temp: 11°C
Yesterdays Average daytime relative humidity: ~80%
Yesterdays Average nighttime relative humidity: ~95%

Day 7: May 20th 2018

• Lolo seems to be growing great. First picture is a morning picture at 9:45am. 2nd picture is at 8:15pm.

Yesterdays daily total sunlight: ~15 hours
Yesterdays Average daytime temp: 15°C
Yesterdays Average nighttime temp: 13°C
Yesterdays Average daytime relative humidity: ~80%
Yesterdays Average nighttime relative humidity: ~85%

Day 8: May 21st 2018

• Lolo is growing and growing. I noticed that it definitely leans and follows the sun so I kept spinning the pot around throughout the day. I dunno why. I also took a timelapse video around 5pm for an hour and made it into a 6 second video. First picture is a morning picture at 9:30am. 2nd picture is at 8:30pm. As you can see from the size of the plant to my finger, she grew a lot today.
Yesterdays (Day 7) daily total sunlight: ~15 hours
Yesterdays (Day 7) Average daytime temp: 14°C
Yesterdays (Day 7) Average nighttime temp: 12°C
Yesterdays (Day 7) Average daytime relative humidity: ~60%
Yesterdays (Day 7) Average nighttime relative humidity: ~84%

Day 9: May 22nd 2018

• Lolo is loving the weather it seems. Growing like a monster. First picture taken at 8:45am, 2nd picture taken at 7:45pm. As you can see, growing a ton.

Yesterdays (Day 8) daily total sunlight: ~15 hours
Yesterdays (Day 8) Average daytime temp: 15°C
Yesterdays (Day 8-9) Average nighttime temp: 12°C
Yesterdays (Day 8) Average daytime relative humidity: ~60%
Yesterdays (Day 8-9) Average nighttime relative humidity: ~90%

Day 10: May 23rd 2018

• Uneventful update! Same as the last couple days but just a bit bigger! First 2 pictures taken at 9:45am, last 2 pictures taken at 7:30pm. Hoping that droopy leaf doesn't mean anything. Time to google.

Yesterdays (Day 9) daily total sunlight: ~15 hours
Yesterdays (Day 9) Average daytime temp: 19°C
Yesterdays (Day 9-10) Average nighttime temp: 10°C
Yesterdays (Day 9) Average daytime relative humidity: ~60%
Yesterdays (Day 9-10) Average nighttime relative humidity: ~88%

Back
Top Bottom