Katins's 2nd Micro Grow - White Widow Fem - 1 Square Foot Under LED

Extremely thick branching nice healthy plant. I checked on my flowering girls today and they were all yellowing to shit still so I'm going to be really increasing them bloom nutes to over full strength. Yours won't be much longer before they'll be eating a lot too especially after the stretch with how light they already are.

Yeah, it breaks down in 14 days, so I have pretty much 2-3 weeks into flower and then wait for it to break down and then flush.

Ahh. Good to know. I have been feeding mine (9 days into flower) with 200mls of half strength "Fruit and Flower" Thrive, with Neem added at the drench rate, twice a week. Used Neem in the veg as well but with normal Thrive that has more N.

Definitely far less in the way of fungus gnats showing on the yellow stick trap than i had last grow.

My 4 x White Widows are similar in color to yours, quite light green, but not what i would call yellow.

Extremely thick branching nice healthy plant. I checked on my flowering girls today and they were all yellowing to shit still so I'm going to be really increasing them bloom nutes to over full strength. Yours won't be much longer before they'll be eating a lot too especially after the stretch with how light they already are.
She already started munching :) in two waterings the runoff ppm dropped from high 800's to low 400's and my tap is 270. So will start "bloom nutes" next watering.

Yeah, it breaks down in 14 days, so I have pretty much 2-3 weeks into flower and then wait for it to break down and then flush.

Ahh. Good to know. I have been feeding mine (9 days into flower) with 200mls of half strength "Fruit and Flower" Thrive, with Neem added at the drench rate, twice a week. Used Neem in the veg as well but with normal Thrive that has more N.

Definitely far less in the way of fungus gnats showing on the yellow stick trap than i had last grow.

My 4 x White Widows are similar in color to yours, quite light green, but not what i would call yellow.
Well can't say my neem flood helped.. . found 3 gnats circling around my plant when I came home. Guess I'll just have to deal with them. Will repeat the spray tomorrow.

What's your humidity at? Also you could try going an extra day on average between waterings and let the pot really dry out. They like humidity they thrive in it. They also dont like insane warm temps. You could let the pots dry out and cut the ventilation off to temporarily raise temps up to 100 or so haha

What's your humidity at? Also you could try going an extra day in average between waterings and let the pot really dry out. They like humidity they thrive in it. They also dont like insane warm temps. You could let the pots dry out and cut the ventilation off to temporarily raise temps up to 100 or so haha
At the moment there is 39 in the room and 34 in the box :)
Temps stay between 80 and 84.
Yeah, CFL's used to torch them quite efficiently :) and the QB120 does not get nearly as hot :) I would even call it cold.. :)

Well can't say my neem flood helped.. . found 3 gnats circling around my plant when I came home. Guess I'll just have to deal with them. Will repeat the spray tomorrow.

In my experience, neem oil, like most of the organic, less scary insecticides, takes some time and consistent application to work. It's not so much a "cidal agent" that kills instantly on contact but stuff that makes the environment unsuitable for the target beasties. And gnats get out all over the place and then return. Nasty little buggers, they can make you crazy. What about adding one or two of those sticky fly paper thingies to your armamentarium?

At the moment there is 39 in the room and 34 in the box .
Temps stay between 80 and 84.
Yeah, CFL's used to torch them quite efficiently . and the QB120 does not get nearly as hot . I would even call it cold.. :)

Definitely the hottest part of the qb120 is the driver lol. Yeah my first grow I got a bunch of buggers real bad flying around by the tens of dozens and breeding in the soil and man one day they all vanished.... Took me a couple weeks to realize what happened... Somehow they all ended up fried in my light fixture that was a half enclosed type desk lamp setup with a 43W CFL so I'm assuming temps probably dropped and they went for warmth and found hell. Who knows but that was the only time I had flying bugs everywhere... My last grow I had gnats bad too they were crawling all in my soil non ever even attempted to fly though which I know they usually just crawl anyhow but they didn't bother me nor could I kill the fuckers just wasn't happening lol that was last grow so I had those and the mites so to be honest I wasn't even hardly thinking about the damn gnats. I just tossed the used soil instead of reusing it obviously.

In my experience, neem oil, like most of the organic, less scary insecticides, takes some time and consistent application to work. It's not so much a "cidal agent" that kills instantly on contact but stuff that makes the environment unsuitable for the target beasties. And gnats get out all over the place and then return. Nasty little buggers, they can make you crazy. What about adding one or two of those sticky fly paper thingies to your armamentarium?
I am too damn lazy to go and look for them yellow sticky things :)

Meant warmth but this keyboard sucks ass and hasn't learned how I type yet damn dumb robots aren't gonna take over for atleast another century and a half... Yeah go ahead and save that phrase in your database you daft keyboard you.

I edited your quotation above to "warmth," but I think we all know what you meant and are used to autocorrect "fixing" things for us in creative ways... ;)

"What's your humidity at? Also you could try going an extra day on average between waterings and let the pot really dry out. They like humidity they thrive in it. They also dont like insane warm temps. You could let the pots dry out and cut the ventilation off to temporarily raise temps up to 100 or so haha"

Lol! We are having a summer rainfall event here. Something like 4 times our January average but over 2 days. This morning humidity in my tent 71% and temp 31 degrees C. We occasionally get a big hit of tropical air like this after a cyclone in the NW. Actually, as a short term thing is a nice change from hot sunny and clear.

Normal in my tent has been mid 40%'s and 31-35 degrees C. Plants all happy with that. :)

On gnats and Neem. Yup, neem is something that is more an underlying. setting of conditions control i think. Actually, my interest in it is more from a fungus control perspective. Bugs i can handle, but my GH experience tells me that fungus can be a worse prob in terms of effect and control.

Nice open canopy and air flow are the keys to not getting fungus in the first place. Some level of defoliation ties into that and removing any lower leaves that even start to look like they have lesions / spots...without going crazy.

For gnats, in the GH we use Vectobac. Its a B.thurengiensis prep we apply off label as a soil drench. Kills the grubs that if they accumulate in numbers eat the fine roots. Very safe from a human health perspective as it relies on the grubs having an alkaline gut and ingesting the prep as they move through the soil. No phytotoxicity even on little delicate stuff like Arabidopsis. Takes a few applications (1 x week) to get things under control but useful.

Yellow stick traps are great. Get the breeders as soon as they can fly is a viable control method, particularly if you cant spray for some reason (close to end of flower?). Wont eradicate but can help control. Also, whats said upthread about temp and going high, briefly, and having the top layers of the soil dryish can be useful if your plants can handle it.

Yellow traps good for gnats, blue is for thrips. I REALLY hate thrips. Seriously, i loath them. Western Flower Thrip is a real prob here in glasshouses. :( Much worse than spider mite for persistence and resistance. We have "heat soaked" gh rooms to 50 degrees C after removing all plants to try and get rid of these and still had them recur. Hate them hate them hate them...the bring out my inner Gollum. You get them, nuke them from orbit....its the only way to be sure.

Week 6 day 1, week 1 day 1

1.jpg
2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom