Katins's Sativa Micro Grow Adventure: Durban Poison

Katins

Hey everyone, so here goes my sativa in a box adventure :)
Hopefully it is a female, as the seed is a gift from a friend who got it years ago on a trip to Amsterdam and that is all the info I have got on it :)
It is a soil grow, under a single QB120 board in a 2 cubic feet size box.
I plan on updating once everyday with pictures, as I want to have this journal as a reference guide for future sativa grows, in case this venture turns out successful.
Any advice is highly appreciated, and I think I am going to need one or two along the way, considering my space and the fact that I have never had a sativa in there :)
So, here it is on day 1 today :)

How tall is the box? A Sativa will be a huge challenge. I’d start the plant out on 12/12 or 11/13 from the start. Be ready to do some serious training.

I have exactly one foot from top of the soil to the QB board. With a posibility to add another inch. So yeah, I am preparing myself for some training :)
Regarding the light cycle, well I have seen such recomendations on several occasions, however, I can't remember what benefit does it give apart from that sativas grow around the equator and that is natural to them. Wouldn't it encourage stretching from the begining of the grow in search of more light?
Could you enlighten me here a bit?

They will have the best intensity they need to keep them short. Under 11/13 they will start to flower a little sooner, as soon as they reach sexual maturity similar to an autoflower.

Funny thing, I checked the leafly site for Durban Poison and it says that this strain stretches less than 100%. Same goes for White Widow on that same site. And I did not believe that at first, hence my plant size of my first WW grow. It was very small.
Now mixed thoughts - to play safe or to take some risk.. :)

All in K! :popcorn:

feet up for round 4!

I second penny’s recommendation of 12/12 or 11/13 from seed. It’s not only to emulate the equatiorial condition, it is a known method for keeping sativas more manageable, size wise. Otherwise I’d say don’t veg more than a few weeks.

That said - if you’d rather have it go out of control and get too big for the box, than end up with something smaller than what you want, then don’t listen to me! I’ve never done it :rofl:

It’s going to be a learning adventure either way ... so I guess it comes down to which you would rather deal with...

All fun and games! It’s going to be a good one to be watching - but then, they all have been!

How does the last widow smoke?

Ooo I'm in on this one too. I want to see the immense training this plant is going to have in such a small space. Best of luck, can't wait to see!

Hey everyone, so here goes my sativa in a box adventure :)
Hopefully it is a female, as the seed is a gift from a friend who got it years ago on a trip to Amsterdam and that is all the info I have got on it :)
It is a soil grow, under a single QB120 board in a 2 cubic feet size box.
I plan on updating once everyday with pictures, as I want to have this journal as a reference guide for future sativa grows, in case this venture turns out successful.
Any advice is highly appreciated, and I think I am going to need one or two along the way, considering my space and the fact that I have never had a sativa in there :)
So, here it is on day 1 today :)
she's so stout and already sprouting her second leaves this must be some decent genetics.

Back
Top Bottom