Katins's White Widow LED Micro Grow #3

hiya Katins, hmmm, I've been using mycos on all my recent grows in soil and coco and I cant say I ever noticed any extra fungus gnats from using it, maybe it just coincided with a batch of egg hatching, they do come in cycles as the eggs hatch.
I use organic BTI from Gnatrol with good success for dealing with the larvae.

Good luck
Hi Pyr0! Well I doubt it is a coincidence. Probably the soil was infested from the beginning. And adding food (mycos) helped them thrive.
Will look into that BTI stuff you suggest. Cheers.

Hey K :ciao: Gnats often come in with peat moss and other soil products - I don’t think they eat mycorrhizae! Correlation does not always equal cause...

I catch about 1per day on the hanging sticky trap. The other high Brix gardeners use either gnatnix or mosquito dunks to deal with them without harming the plant. I don’t know if you can get those where you are. (The products here are called different things...)
:Namaste:

Cheers Amy, I am aware of that. Just think it is too big a coincidence :) but could be, for sure.
Looks like I killed them all yesterday, as not a single one was caught today yet :)
Regarding the prevention, oddly enough I could not google any BTI based substances localy.. and ordering some powder or liquid online from abroad, does not sound tempting at all... :)
Will keep googling, I guess :)

End of week 4

A little before and after update, as I started training her today.

I snapped the bottom branches as I figured I'll have enough and they were very weak compared to the rest.
And so here is a little experiment :)

I know nothing about cloning, but it was a pitty to throw such beauty away :) So if the fat lady sings for me, I will have a surprise gift for a friend :)

It may end up rooting for you. When I take cuttings I put them into a cup/glass of plain faucet water as soon as I cut them. There they wait until a dunk into some cloning gel, and then into rapid routers. Whenever I would have "extras", I would leave them in the cup either under the lamp, or on the windowsill. Not %100 but I have gotten roots on more than one occasion using that method.
Good luck!

It may end up rooting for you. When I take cuttings I put them into a cup/glass of plain faucet water as soon as I cut them. There they wait until a dunk into some cloning gel, and then into rapid routers. Whenever I would have "extras", I would leave them in the cup either under the lamp, or on the windowsill. Not %100 but I have gotten roots on more than one occasion using that method.
Good luck!

Well it spent a few minutes in the air, before I put it in that shot glass. Oh well, if it roots, it roots, if not, then lesson learned :)

Came home today just to find my soon to be clone tipped over and hanging over the shot glass with the stem pointing up...
No idea how that happened and how bad it is. Put it back into the shotglass. Leaves felt soft. Will see what happens.
Chances getting slim :)

A small DIY project today :)

I have some vaped weed on my hands and couldn't figure what to do with it. So I shall try and make some sort of BHO for edibles :) Made an extraction tube out of thick PET pipe yesterday :)

Back
Top Bottom