Kayaking and the Art of Autoflower Maintenance

Hell yeah!! Thanks a ton!!!!! I've already scratched it from my nute batch calculation for tomorrow's swap so I'm going to see how quickly this little buddy can turn around!!

In my experience I've never had tacoing or as you call it kayaking from nutrient burn. Nutrient burn usually curls the leaves then browns them and they will look burnt. Tacoing (I'm from SoCal and enjoy Mexican food) usually occurs from heat stress. Are you sure you didn't coincidentally have a heat issue? Original post was in August. Your first pic with the yellow lower leaves also shows signs of tacoing on the higher leaves before the adding of nutrients.

And clawing or referred here as waterfalling is not only caused by overwatering but other factors as well like Nitrogen toxicity. Some strains feed differently and use more or less Nitrogen and these can be more or less prone to clawing.

Many variables can cause certain symptoms to occur.

I gotcha.. Well, thankfully, I've been pretty good about keeping temps down and the humidity has really only been the only thing that I had issues with at the beginning, besides the pH of the rockwool constantly drifting due to my failure to flush the block with nute mix, instead just adding a little at a time.. Today, the ambient temps are decent and the temps inside the enclosure have been between 75F-79F. If they get near 82F, I open the enclosure and vent it. I've even got air conditioning in my room that I can turn on to help expedite the process..

Originally, when I mentioned nute-burn, it's because the tips of almost all of the leaves have started turning a little brown, and I was comparing them to pictures of other folks who had suffered the early stages of nute burn.. I sort of thought of this thread because of the connotations of it being an auto and it also having that "waterfall" like effect.. I suppose we'll see if this corrects itself a little when I change the reservoir tomorrow!

Thanks for the information guys!!!

Back
Top Bottom