KB Follows The Hi Brix Road In DBHBB

Looking tight KB, your light setup is dope also! :thumb: .

What CoBs are those ?
vero29 3500 I believe.
Nice new avatar, pfp... whatever ya wanna call it! Kinda want to change mine as well...
I can never choose just one.
Hey Killer...great pics bud. That last plant...would love to train her....
I agree, I committed a newbie mistake I ran out of pipe cleaners to train them. Should probably pick some up to to spread her out.

I'm curious, those of you in colder climates how do you cook your soil and keep it warm enough to cook? Do you insulate the container, put it on a seedling mat or something completely different?

I'm curious, those of you in colder climates how do you cook your soil and keep it warm enough to cook? Do you insulate the container, put it on a seedling mat or something completely different?

Howdy KB, I just keep my soil totes inside my house. Our basement is finished and has carpet except the furnace room so it is usually warm enough. To make sure I store mine upstairs where it’s 75-80f. Basement is likely 69-75.

Cheers!

Yea, I think I messed up. I put my 2nd run soil that was freshly mixed and had just started cooking in my cellar. Kinda forgot about it when it got cold... and now I have no good soil to start a seed in. I wasted all 3 star pupil seeds... kicking myself now. Realized yesterday that the soil probably wasn’t cooked all the way. So I guess that’s why it ate the seeds... not really sure. Last two seeds I had put a layer of plain promix. Sure hope you find a place, half of my soil is now back up in the house in my bedroom. Don’t really like that.

Yea, I think I messed up. I put my 2nd run soil that was freshly mixed and had just started cooking in my cellar. Kinda forgot about it when it got cold... and now I have no good soil to start a seed in. I wasted all 3 star pupil seeds... kicking myself now. Realized yesterday that the soil probably wasn’t cooked all the way. So I guess that’s why it ate the seeds... not really sure. Last two seeds I had put a layer of plain promix. Sure hope you find a place, half of my soil is now back up in the house in my bedroom. Don’t really like that.
Thinking I may put soil in the closet I use to grow but it's already cramped in there as it is lol.

Water the soil with warm water and tea and wait a couple days....it will wake up if it was cooked.

RE seed starting. I'm not sure why folks have trouble....I never do and those I have coached don't either. But if you're fearful, start the seeds in a Rapid Rooter plug placed in the gallon container of High Brix soil.

It gives you the best of both worlds. The tradeoff is that there is a greater chance of damping off in the plug. On the other hand, you can't blame the soil if it doesn't germ......

Back
Top Bottom