KCMP Fall 2015 Grow! - All LED - Coco/Perlite - Ebb & Flow

No worries. I means that that plant will yield roughly that amount over a certain area. In this case, 1 meter squared. Usually there is also a lighting component involved to like this.

Plant X Yield - 600g per 1m^2 under 1000w hps.

Something like that. It really is just a good ballpark to let people how how the strains yield in comparison to each other.

Thanks for the info on how much time you've spent "weaving" in that setup... I'm trying to compare/constrast a SCROG setup vs mainlining to determine what might be best for me. I'm still leaning towards mainline for my next grow, but perhaps when I can get into a bigger grow space I'll try SCROG.

BTW -- I totally agree with you on more smaller light fixures vs fewer larger fixures; the flexibility is nice.

Haha it got my attention. Just checking out LED grows. It's my first time trying LED

Thanks for swinging by! Happy to share any knowledge I have picked up if you have questions.

The one sure thing I have learned about growing is that the learning never ends!

Well I was out of town for almost a week for Thanksgiving. I have not been back home in two years so I figured it was worth a long trip.

Grow did very well on 100% autopilot with some minor attendance from my roommate who checked on the plants daily and monitored the PH. Anyways, here is the update.

Flower Week 3 / Day 20

Everything is coming along nicely other than what I am diagnosing as a minor potassium deficiency. I have included a shot of one of the few lower leaves that was affected, let me know if anyone thinks something else is going on.
20151130_173449.jpg

I also noticed that I had insane microbe growth in my res over the 7 day period. I am attributing this to a healthy dose of Great White as well as Mammoth P last res change. I plan on continuing to use the Mammoth P but will cut out the great white since it has effectively propagated the entire flood table and growth medium.

Here is a shot of the thick slime I encountered today.
IMG_20151130_142014.jpg

All of the plants look healthy so I am going to assume it is just a very large microbe culture. It smells very much like the great white powder which is reassuring. Roots continue to grow through the pots and into the flood table.

And now on to the plants!

Full Tent Shots
IMG_20151130_172133.jpg
20151130_172427.jpg

Amnesia Haze is starting to outgrow the rest rather quickly
20151130_172316.jpg
20151130_172307.jpg

20151130_172329.jpg

Deadhead x Sourband
20151130_172437.jpg

And finally a few random bud shots
20151130_172232.jpg
20151130_172259.jpg
20151130_172240.jpg
20151130_172411.jpg
IMG_20151130_172144.jpg

My two bagseed SinMint Cookies are also coming along quite well.
20151130_172339.jpg

They were sprouted in 12/12 and will hopefully let me know if I got hermie seeds or not.

Looks like nice flower development for day 20!

Were you expecting / hoping for more stretch than what you've gotten to date?

Lucky you having someone to watch your plants while you're out of town; I'm glued to the house without a trusted sidekick to watch my ladies if I travel.

Great White slime huh?? Interesting. I've been running GW in my DWC setup for awhile now and haven't seen any excessive slime. I do have some (dry) "scaling", but nothing excessive and I'd expect some of that even w/o GW given I haven't cleaned my res since I started this grow :)

Thanks cogreen I am pretty pleased with the floral development as well. I will get a few pics up in a day or so but the buds almost doubled size in 2 days after changing out the res. I gave a few of the "burnt" leaves another close look and I think that K is fine and my issue is phosphorous. I bumped the Bloom base up to almost 100% strength to combat it, and am considering doing a light foliar feeding earlier today.

Based on the structure of the plants I am pretty sure I can blast all of the lower leafs from below without getting a drop on the buds. I ran into this same issue last round and it probably lost me a few oz come harvest time.

As far as the GW slime goes... I always tend to have a small amount but this was certainly the worst. I am obviously not 100% sure what it is but here are my guesses.

1. GW buildup as it eats nutes and begins to set up shop in the rez.
2. I have so many bennies that this might just be their "poop" building up after a week.
3. I did add the Mammoth P last round so perhaps it had some time of epic microbe war with the GW and this was the result.
4. Possibly dead and broken down root mass that moves to the tank and just pools there?

My airstones were 100% clean which is very unusual when I get any sort of buildup.

Do you do any foliar feeds? I have not done so with the AN line before. Based on what they need I think I just want a little bloom formula with some bud factor x.

I've never done foliar feeding myself, but then again this is my first real grow... I only use one bene; Great White. I use a little "sweetener" to feed the bacteria.

I remember you stating your were trying AN in this grow (along with additional lighting) to determine if you could increase your yields. If you are open to additional brands, I'd like to suggest you to consider "Dyna-Gro". I'm not an expert, but I've read around a good bit and continue to find evidence suggesting Dyna-Gro is superior to AN all things considered (including cost). For example google "dyna gro vs advanced nutrients" -- the 1st link should be "roll it up dot org". It's a long read, but the summarized results are on page 25... Food for thought if you're willing.

As a matter of fact I recently made due on AN's "100% money back guarantee" as stacking their flower boosters atop Dyna-gro was not needed (in fact IMO negative). Not trying to bash AN as I know a lot of folks do well with it. The point is IMHO you don't need all these flower boosters and shit if you have a good base program (my $0.02).

Well I decided to post a mini update since the ladies grew quite a bit in two days after the res change.

Flower Day 22

Figured I would take some photos without LED light for a change. I gave all of the girls a foliar feeding right before lights out and snapped a few photos.

20151202_214234.jpg
20151202_214209.jpg
20151202_214158.jpg
20151202_214126.jpg
20151202_214132.jpg
20151202_214146.jpg

At this point I think I am going to give the bud igniter a thumbs up as these plants are all further along than my last round at the start of week 3.

I've never done foliar feeding myself, but then again this is my first real grow... I only use one bene; Great White. I use a little "sweetener" to feed the bacteria.

I remember you stating your were trying AN in this grow (along with additional lighting) to determine if you could increase your yields. If you are open to additional brands, I'd like to suggest you to consider "Dyna-Gro". I'm not an expert, but I've read around a good bit and continue to find evidence suggesting Dyna-Gro is superior to AN all things considered (including cost). For example google "dyna gro vs advanced nutrients" -- the 1st link should be "roll it up dot org". It's a long read, but the summarized results are on page 25... Food for thought if you're willing.

As a matter of fact I recently made due on AN's "100% money back guarantee" as stacking their flower boosters atop Dyna-gro was not needed (in fact IMO negative). Not trying to bash AN as I know a lot of folks do well with it. The point is IMHO you don't need all these flower boosters and shit if you have a good base program (my $0.02).

Thanks for the advice. I am definitely open to other brands any may certainly try something different next round. The AN nutes certainly are expensive and very specialized, and I am 100% sure that there is a "hype factor" that goes along with them.

I also admit that I have a bias towards them since I want them to do well on my grow so I feel that they are worth the price. It is always easy to convince yourself that something is working when you are spending lots of $$$ on it.

So far I have had no issues with any of the boosters and feel that they have been beneficial. If I am unable to pull 1GPW out of this I will probably stray away from AN next round to broaden my horizons.

I can say that IMO ANs nutrient line is far superior to Fox Farms in terms of final bud quality (being the only other brand I have experience with).

I have also read a ton of threads comparing all of the various companies, and like any information in online forums, I find that I have to sift through tons of BS to figure out exactly what is going on. I have seen some side by side comparisons where AN takes the lead by miles... I have also seen a few where it comes in dead last.

At the end of the day I think my brief experience in this world has taught me that the skill of the grower is MUCH more important than the nutrient lineup.

SUPER EXCITED TO SEE YOUR HARVEST HERE SOON! :thumb:

Those plants are going crazy bro! So many tops, and hella healthy leaves :thumb:
Quick question how much time did you spend weaving them in week 1 of flowering?

I actually did not really continue to weave them after the first few days of flower. A few of the stems had grown to the point where they would no longer bend and I really didn't want to supercrop them right at the 12/12 flip.

Wow your plants look amazing!! :drool:

I def agree with you on the skill of the grower trumping the nutes used. However if you can get the same or better yield at a fraction of the cost it's hard to ignore that fact :)

Yeah, I struggled with FoxFarms early on myself; it was my 1st brand used in my grow. After struggling for awhile I did more research and dropped FF for Dyna-Gro.

In any case, you seem to have the skills so I'm sure you'll be successful in which ever brand of nutes you choose.

Thanks for sending me over to that dynagro vs an thread. I gave most of it a read this morning and although it was very informative I think that the OP is very bias towards dynagro from the begining. Just my personal opinion after a quick read.

Again in his defense I have seen the same thing happen in almost every nutrient comparison I have read.

I guess the only way to be sure would be to do a side by side comparison myself!

My take on that nute comparison is that the author had some expectations that Dyna-Gro would win, but IMO he did a decent job of stating unbiased facts / observations (my $0.02). Unfortunately the pics from that thread didn't show up for me (at least on my phone)...

I've also read that Dyna-Gro is the "standard" nutrients used in academia because they contain 16 essential elements. Maybe there are other brands which do as well, but I haven't seen them... Anywho, I'll get off my Dyna-Gro horse and hope that I've at least tempted your interest in them :)

Ha -- if you did a comparison I'd be forever in your debt!

Back
Top Bottom