KCMP Grow - 900W LED - Coco Coir - Spring 2015

Well the drip system is up and running. Currently have it set for 15 minute feedings 4 times a day.

2015-02-16.jpg

2015-02-16_1_.jpg

He shouldn't need a bubbler for this system, as it seems the reservoir will not have the same water for more than 3 days or so.
I guess if he sloshed it about, gave it a stir often enough, he could get 5 days out of it before the water was as flat as old balls but by this point, your nutrient base would already have started to break down, since it is just a bucket of standing, exposed water, after all..

A cheap fish tank bubbler would suffice though, if needed.

Thanks for the comments guys!

As far as a bubbler goes, yes I do have one purchased. I just have not had time to set it up yet. As Equanimity said I am running drain to waste and plan to refill the resivour every 3 - 5 days depending on the water schedule so a bubbler really isnt required (but it cant hurt). There is also a lid for the resivour, I was in the process of drilling cable holes when I took the picture. If I left the resivour uncovered for more than 30 minutes it would fill with enough dog hair to destroy the pump.

Switching from Fox Farms to Advanced Nutrients for flowering. I didnt realize how much particulate was in the Big Bloom until I mixed a larger batch... Definitely not ideal for a drip system.

So far I have gone through 4 20 minute feeding cycles and have not found any leaks. Still need to get a 2nd pump to run my wastewater to the bathtub.

Okay everyone time for the Week 6 Update!

Tomorrow will be the begining of the 12/12 switch and I may start it with a 24 hour dark period. I am still finding mixed research about it, so it will be a spur of the moment descision.

I officaly ran out of nutrients 2 days ago and decided it was time to make a switch.
2015-02-19_1_.jpg

I will be running AN Sensi Bloom Coco A & B with the addition of the hobyist bundle. (B-52, Big Bud, Voodoo Juice, and Overdrive) I may end up adding some Bud Candy to the schedule as well. I have been smoking on some buds grown with AN products in coco and they are absolutely fantastic. I also wanted to try something new with the drip system.

Resivour filled with 90l of nutrient solution mixed at 80% strength to start. I also added a bit of the B-52 to give it some more nitrogen for the next few days.
20150219_205523.jpg

Looks like this PH perfect stuff really works!
20150219_205515.jpg

Resivour all closed up.
20150219_210511.jpg

Here are a few shots of the plants on their last official day of veg. The Golden Goats were given a very light lolipoping a few days ago, more of a trimming of the lower growth than anything.

Pre-98 Bubba. Lots of tops!
20150219_201143.jpg

Here is another shot of the giant fan leaf.

2015-02-19.jpg

2015-02-19_2_.jpg

To paraphrase Randy Marsh: "Do I measure from the base or from the balls?"

Found another large one with 9 blades!
20150219_201124.jpg

Here is a photo of my 5th plant (Elephant Purple) which I have not discussed on the thread very much. She got a rather severe nitrogen toxicity early on and was lagging behind the rest of the group, so I decided to make her my experimental plant for this run. She recieved a FIM and was supercroped 8 days ago. Still not the best looking of the bunch, but she has had absolutely incredibly dense growth the last few days. Unfortunately I am worried I may need to dump this plant due to space concerns... We will see what happens once the stretch starts. (Anyone in the Denver area have room for another lady?)
20150219_195748.jpg

Candy Kush. Responded really well to the FIM a few weeks ago.
20150219_195910.jpg

Root growth has also been crazy. They keep trying to rip through the smartpots.
20150219_195802.jpg

And finally here is a shot of the entire garden. The upright fan was overrun a few days ago and had to be removed.
20150219_203319.jpg

Its flowering time! HERE WE GO!

I really need to put at least a few CFL's in the grow tent to get better pictures. Its hard to get the right light balance with the LED's and all the reflectivity.

Does anone know if regular water pumps can be run "dry"? I was going to buy another pump to drain waste water from the catch bins, but would rather save the cash for other things if possible.

Well I have noticed a very light sulphur deficiency forming on all my plants over the last 2 days. Most of the new growth is a touch on the yellow side, most prevelant at the base and gradually transitioning back to green at the tips.

Clearly this is a result of the change in nutrient scehdule. I was under the impression that the AN Coco Sensi Bloom had enough calcium and sulphur to prevent this issue, however I was adding 2x the recomended dose of calimagic before to keep things in check.

In retrospect I think I changed from the grow to flowering nutrients to fast at the same time I changed nutrient lines. A little bit of difficulty was expected, so hopefully I can get this in check over the next few days.

20150221_182913.jpg
20150221_182903.jpg
20150221_182713.jpg

What do you guys think? Up the AN dose from 80 to 100% and hope that solves things over the next few days? Or should I get some Cal Mag back in the schedule?

Every plant I've flowered has done that the first week our so of 12/12 maybe they require a little more sulfer/calcium during the stretch. I don't react to it cause it doesn't last long.

Thanks for the tip! Sorry to hear about your banannas. Hopefully it won't be an issue since you are harvesting in a few days! Feel free to shoot me a PM if you need any hands trimming. Looks like you will be quite busy. :thumb:

I also may be looking to find a new home for one of my ladies in the next two weeks. The tent is almost overgrown already and I am worried about how much these Golden Goats will stretch. Right now I am guessing they will finish close to 4'....

6 weeks of veg in crappy soil V.S. Coco has been almost incomparable.

Here is a shot of my last batch 1 week into flower.
2014-10-301.jpg

Certainly going a little bigger this time around.

Lookin' great my friend!

Subnoise has been enlightening me to the ways of Coco and your comparison, "6 weeks of veg in crappy soil V.S. Coco has been almost incomparable." talks to me haha. The growth in Coco is unreal, so excited to start doing some experimenting with it!

Hope you have been keeping warm with your ladies in this snow and cold weather! I know my tent dropped pretty low last night with this most recent wave of blizzard conditions!

[EDIT] :: I just HAD to add how jealous I am of your new Nutrient line up.... oh my gawddd, I would be so happy running that line up in a Coco grow... I don't think you'll be anything but impressed. :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

I actually made the switch to coco after looking at Subnoise's thread as well. I also wanted to have more control this time and so far it has been great.

Yeah I am definitely really excited to see how these plants do with the AN line and drip system. I got the hobbyist bundle for a steal. All in all its around $140 in nutes though, so it better be worth it. I filled the rez 3 days ago and it is about ready to be refreshed. I think I will be able to get about 2 more feedings out of it if I needed to.

Thankfully my grow tent is inside in an extra room that is not currently being rented. I thought about putting it in the garage, but I do lots of car work out there and there are just so many chemicals flying around I figured my buds would end up tasting like PB blaster. :laughtwo:

I have an automatic heater in the room that is currently set to keep the ambient temp at 77 degrees and use all my money. The interior is sitting at 73 currently. It is currently 5 degrees outside so I am glad the house is well insulated.

Actually had an issue 2 days ago when power was cut to our block due to my meth head neighbors ramming their wrangler into some power lines. It was only out for about an hour but I realized that I have no way to keep the plants alive overnight if that happens again.
They also ditched the car before the cops arrived so naturally the street was crawling with law enforcement trying to find them. Talked to a few of the state guys who showed up and they were unable to comment, but I am 99% positive there is a meth lab next door.... According to my neighbors our property used to be their (the meth guys) opium field about 10 years ago before it was sold.

Why are people still doing real drugs now that weed is legal?

Edit: It is also pretty cool to watch the sheriff search your block through the window between bong rips and know that YOU are not the one in trouble!

I actually made the switch to coco after looking at Subnoise's thread as well. I also wanted to have more control this time and so far it has been great.

Yeah I am definitely really excited to see how these plants do with the AN line and drip system. I got the hobbyist bundle for a steal. All in all its around $140 in nutes though, so it better be worth it. I filled the rez 3 days ago and it is about ready to be refreshed. I think I will be able to get about 2 more feedings out of it if I needed to.

Thankfully my grow tent is inside in an extra room that is not currently being rented. I thought about putting it in the garage, but I do lots of car work out there and there are just so many chemicals flying around I figured my buds would end up tasting like PB blaster. :laughtwo:

I have an automatic heater in the room that is currently set to keep the ambient temp at 77 degrees and use all my money. The interior is sitting at 73 currently. It is currently 5 degrees outside so I am glad the house is well insulated.

Actually had an issue 2 days ago when power was cut to our block due to my meth head neighbors ramming their wrangler into some power lines. It was only out for about an hour but I realized that I have no way to keep the plants alive overnight if that happens again.
They also ditched the car before the cops arrived so naturally the street was crawling with law enforcement trying to find them. Talked to a few of the state guys who showed up and they were unable to comment, but I am 99% positive there is a meth lab next door.... According to my neighbors our property used to be their (the meth guys) opium field about 10 years ago before it was sold.

Why are people still doing real drugs now that weed is legal?

Edit: It is also pretty cool to watch the sheriff search your block through the window between bong rips and know that YOU are not the one in trouble!

Haha he certainly has proven the difference to everyone, I am a true believer.

And yeah my friend I really hope they live up to their price as well! I was looking at the Voodoo Juice and the Overdrive in my nearest horticulture store, and they were each over $50 :thedoubletake::thedoubletake: Sounds like a good call keeping the ladies away from the car chemicals, definitely would want those to mix, not kosher! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I need to get a heater before next winter, the last three days the tent has been 57* at night, not TOO worried as I am growing some sturdy Indicas, but it definitely isn't helping anything too much haha.

And that sucks too hear about your tweaky neighbors, I lived in Downtown Denver my entire life, 28th and Larimer, near 5 Points... So I always got the inside look at the hard drugs the residents of 5 Points and the homeless people that inhabited my alley way were doing. Really sad, but it opens your eyes to the reality of it. I couldn't imagine ever exposing myself to something like Meth, Crack or Heroin... But maybe my experiences with finding used syringes thrown over my fence and seeing people ODing on the streets has biased my opinion...

One of the reasons I am so excited our beautiful state has decided to focus its energy on those matters, and give the people what they want... LEGAL CANNABIS!!! HURRAY COLORADO!!!

haha anyways, sorry if I am ranting, just love communicating with local growers. Keep up the awesome work, here for the long haul. :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

:thumb:

[EDIT] :: Obligatory, Hurray for being high as hell in front of cops!!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

No worries man! Ranting is always welcome over here.

Yeah I have no real experience with the five points area. I am actually out in Evergreen right now and happen to live in the only real sketchy area around for miles. It just tweaks me out when I see high school kids walking into that house.... I have a feeling that the Sheriffs (we do not have police out here) know what is going on and are trying to get a warrant. Otherwise I do not imagine they would have responded to a 30mph car accident by killing power to the block and arriving with 6 cars and a firetruck.

Good to know :cheesygrinsmiley:

For sure, it has actually come a very long way. My parents moved here early 80's from Washington and my dad being a Old-House-Renovation-aholic (sp?) bought an old run down church community center and turned it into a loft/house for our family. The price was right for him not to care about location, and I don't blame him, I could't imagine myself not living in that house for my entire young life.

And yeah you seem to hittin' the nail on the head with the Sheriffs being suspicious, thats a lot of calvary! Hopefully they get in there and bust those lunatics before anything bad happens. It does make sense that something like that would be happening out in Evergreen and not in the city, the isolation attracts that. Be safe my man, sending only good vibes your way!!! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom