KCMP Grow - 900W LED - Coco Coir - Spring 2015

Ok here you go bud didn't know how you wanted to judge so I got you a couple measurements. Biggest one i could find was 7 1/4 x 8.
20150304_215534.jpg
20150304_215458.jpg

Okay so another nutrient issue has surfaced. It looks like I have the burn mostly under control after flushing the medium and changing my resivour PH to 6.0 - 6.2. While emptying the waste water and doing some pruning today I noticed that I was getting some browning on the absolute lowest growth shoots. These were all cut off during their defoliation since they were almost at the bottom of the plant. It did cause me to wonder if I pulled all of the calcium out of the coco during the flush, so if it continues I will add some cal mag back into the mix. Also gave the resivour a very light dose of epsom salts today to make sure they have enough sulfur and magnesium.

And now for my second issue, and I think this is a much bigger problem. When going to refill the resivour today I noticed that a decent amount of brown algae had started to form in the pump filter and on the bottom of the tank.

I immediately emptied the resivour and sterilized all of the equiptment with 99% iso including the entire resivour and air stones. Any ideas on how to combat this? I figured I may have a small light leak into the rez through the tubing holes I drilled, so I went back and taped around all the seams to ensure it is lightproof. I am also considering adding 2 additional air stones if lack of circulation is my issue.

The resivour is currently refilled every 5 - 7 days, so I did not think this would be an issue as a result of the drip system. Any suggestions?

Meanwhile, some photos.

Golden Goat A before her lower trim
IMG_20150307_152906_nopm_.jpg

Candy Kush is quickly becoming a monolith in the back of the tent. This plant is beyond my control.
2015-03-07_3_.jpg
20150307_162453.jpg

2 Goats and a Pre98 Bubba outside of the tent.
20150307_162459.jpg

Pre98 Bubba Kush after the lower trim.
2015-03-07.jpg

2015-03-07_1_.jpg

I have also kept the lights about 8" - 10" above the canopy to achieve better node spacing v.s. my last grow. So far I am pretty happy with the results. :smokin:

20150307_164505.jpg

Looking great brother. Node spacing looks awesome. Throw a frozen bottle of water in your res and add like 5ml of h2o2 (hydrogen peroxide) per gallon. The h2o2 will turn into h2o after 3-4 days. I do this every rez change and again on 4 days later. Might just keep 2 water bottles or 2l bottles if water bottles can't keep up so you can change it out every day, try to keep your res 65-70f

Looking great brother. Node spacing looks awesome. Throw a frozen bottle of water in your res and add like 5ml of h2o2 (hydrogen peroxide) per gallon. The h2o2 will turn into h2o after 3-4 days. I do this every rez change and again on 4 days later. Might just keep 2 water bottles or 2l bottles if water bottles can't keep up so you can change it out every day, try to keep your res 65-70f

thanks for the advice. Went ahead and threw some ice in there this morning to cool it down but I am sure that raised the PH a bit. Will give the waterbottle trick a try.

Okay everyone time for another update.

Algae again.....

I went ahead and removed the Voodoo Juice from my nutrient regimen, since I have a feeling it somehow aids the algae growth. I also added 1/2 cup of 3% H202 per gallon to the res today after another clean and refill.

Looks like the algae came back again, but I am starting to wonder if some of this is simply sediment from the nutes?

Few shots of the res before it was dumped and sanitized (again). Definitely not an unmanageable amount of growth but it is still driving me crazy. I have also started the frozen water bottle method to keep the rez temp below 70F.

20150311_155354.jpg
20150311_155403.jpg
20150311_155411.jpg

Today was also trim day, so all of the girls received what I hope to be their final trim before harvest.

20150311_182348.jpg
20150311_182342.jpg
20150311_163120.jpg
20150311_163126.jpg
20150311_182329.jpg
2015-03-11.jpg

After another 8 gallon flush I have finally gotten my runoff PH to 5.9 - 6.1. I gave the drip system a flush (H202 heavy to kill any algae that found its way inside the lines) and we are back to a regular full strength AN schedule. This week saw the addition of the Big Bud, and a 1/2 strength application of the B-52 to prevent stress after the light defol.

Looking beautiful dude.... simply beautiful.

I gave the Elephant Purple a good defoil about 2 days ago. Cut out all the worthless lower growth and what not, she is lookin' real nice! Can't wait to see her bud up, along with all of your remaining ladies! :cheesygrinsmiley: All of your plants are astonishing my man, keep it up!

I wanna say that "algae" on your water pump looks like sediment from the nutes to me.. although I'm not a hydro guy so don't take my word for it! Hope it isn't algae and if it is you get it under control! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks for the compliment Max. The plants seem to be doing great and I am certainly more aggrivated with my resivour issues than they are.

..... and on that note .......

Resivour problems again. This time I have absolutely no idea what is going on. I filled the rez about 24hrs ago and have kept the temp under 70F. I came home today and did a check for algae, and found something new.

My res water has become incredibly cloudy (almost like someone poured a glass of milk in there) and the PH dropped from 6.1 to 4.8 in under 24 hours. What on earth is going on!

Thanks for the compliment Max. The plants seem to be doing great and I am certainly more aggrivated with my resivour issues than they are.

..... and on that note .......

Resivour problems again. This time I have absolutely no idea what is going on. I filled the rez about 24hrs ago and have kept the temp under 70F. I came home today and did a check for algae, and found something new.

My res water has become incredibly cloudy (almost like someone poured a glass of milk in there) and the PH dropped from 6.1 to 4.8 in under 24 hours. What on earth is going on!

Oh hell):

I looked it up online but couldn't really find anything that was supported... So I figured I would respond and bump you back to the top haha. Hopefully someone who knows whats up about Hydro will chime in.

Good luck dude!

Oh hell):

I looked it up online but couldn't really find anything that was supported... So I figured I would respond and bump you back to the top haha. Hopefully someone who knows whats up about Hydro will chime in.

Good luck dude!

I am sure Subnoise will have some advice to offer next time he checks in. I have found a few references to root rot causing a cloudy resivour, but as you know from that Elephant Purple the roots are definitely NOT the issue.

Maybe the H202 reacted with something in the AN nutrient line? That is my only guess at this point.

I am honestly having second thoughts about the drip system after all these resivour issues, but it is just so damn convenient!

I am sure Subnoise will have some advice to offer next time he checks in. I have found a few references to root rot causing a cloudy resivour, but as you know from that Elephant Purple the roots are definitely NOT the issue.

Maybe the H202 reacted with something in the AN nutrient line? That is my only guess at this point.

I am honestly having second thoughts about the drip system after all these resivour issues, but it is just so damn convenient!

Well the roots aren't in the reservoir... so I agree that doesn't seem like the issue. The roots on the Elephant Purple are working perfectly from what I can tell :cheesygrinsmiley:

Well the roots aren't in the reservoir... so I agree that doesn't seem like the issue. The roots on the Elephant Purple are working perfectly from what I can tell :cheesygrinsmiley:

Yeah I actually just got off the phone with AN and they seem to have no idea what is going on. They said to check for root rot so I dug about 2" into the corner of one of the pots and ran into a root the size of a pencil. Perfectly white with tons of little hairs. Definitely not a root rot issue. :thumb:

Yeah I actually just got off the phone with AN and they seem to have no idea what is going on. They said to check for root rot so I dug about 2" into the corner of one of the pots and ran into a root the size of a pencil. Perfectly white with tons of little hairs. Definitely not a root rot issue. :thumb:

Agreed!

I just sent Sub a text, so he should check in before the night is over! Let's hope he has some advice! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom