Keeping it Underground 600 Watt HPS + 8 Light T5 Cellar Grow

My light is a little closer now.
DSC01671_800x600_.jpg

DSC01675_800x600_.jpg

DSC01674_800x600_.jpg

DSC01673_800x600_.jpg

No im using just plain tap water. Ill Have to experiment with the vinegar a lil see what happens. It just seems like no matter how much crap i put in there it wont go below 6 :( I use calibrating solution and my meter is always dead on?????? My plain tap water's PH is 7

Check the ppms of your tap water. Also, your municipality may need to add a lot of pH buffers, causing the problem on your end. Best if you can use RO water, but in hydro you need a lot of it. Start saving up for a Merlin RO- most production, cheapest I've found

Thanks guys :) Ok so im mixing my nutes in a 5 gallon bucket (and an extra 5 gallon bucket like skooter does) then adding it to my tub. Did that lastnight. Adjusted my Ph just now and its at 5.5 now. Its a lil chilly in my res so i put the fogger in there to see how that works. Iv used it while cloning befor and it builds the most bad ass root system iv ever seen. If you guys think thats a bad idea ill remove it. When i mixed my nutes i also added the suggested amount of Hygrozyme so i dont think im going to add any peroxide unless i still should?

After I went through 3 foggers and mutiple discs, I contacted the distributor. He informed me that the power supplies cannot handle ppms above 400. Also, they run quite hot. I would expect them to burn your nutes. See if you can find a used water bed heater and put it under the pods. Keep an eye on the temp though. Should be no problem if you ambient temps are below 60 to maintain 70 even if the lowest setting is 80, but check every 4-8 hours once your soup comes up to temp.

HTH

Id put them into a bigger tub tonight if there was a way to get that blob seperated but theres not. The man of roses<----- what im callin him now lol, did this with the same tub. Soon there will only be 3 plants in there ...2 gallons a plant aint bad i just need to stay on top of things. If this grow was in my bedroom closet id check it 1000 times a day but my wife isnt about to give up precious closet space lol

If you can't take the plants out individually (I realize the hammock is a problem here), then take the entire top off with plants and set it on something that will hold it up so you can hose the blob off (gently), then heavily spray with 3% H2O2; if plants can be separated, I would soak the roots in 3% H2O2 for 5-10 minute intervals. I did this several times a day for several days. Finally got rid of the blob and wound up with a damn nice yield when all looked lost. Hang in there brother.

FWI HPA resolves all the stuff you dealing with

HTH

I am talking about bleach added to hot soapy water, not straight beach.

I buy 40% hydrogen peroxide from the beauty supply in gallon jugs (~$12). Cut it 12-1 and you have 3%. I keep spray bottles all over the house. I spray anything that comes in. I spray myself before entering the grow area. I spray my bedding, the air...

I also use it to disinfect my floors, fridge, sponges, etc. No residue like bleach, and not toxic like bleach

HTH

Congrats, for all that's gone badly yours are some of the best roots I've seen from a DWC set up.

Gnats can be thwarted using pest strips.

You are basically fighting a never ending problem with DWC. I tried all variations before entering the new learning curve- HPA. I have a feeling you will become an accolite.

Believe me, I made every mistake, and faced every issue you have using various iterations of DWC.

The one thing that kept driving me, and I think you, is conceptually, DWC makes sense. But what is the right way to execute it, with minimum issues and maximum easily repeatable results.
HPA:cheer: HPA :cheer: HPA:cheer:

The flying gnats lay the eggs, lots of them. The larva feed on the roots. Look like maggots. I just dealt with them, but it is soil so I was able to use DE. I think part of it is the time of year. Not sure what you should do with a water grow. For me the no pest strips did not help.

Ok PetFlora... Read through most of your jounal...Wow lotsa drama in the beginning but HPA sounds way too complicated Im into simplicy. My problems will go away with experience and a larger res. Check out the SkooterClowns grow... AMAZING! Roots out the wazoo, Million times better than mine and its so simple once its all dialed in :)

Back
Top Bottom