Keeping my tent cool

JSP 714

Where I live. High temperature can be a problem..If it's cold enough for my heat to run, I have no issues, temp with lights on stay hi 70s,
If it's hot enough for the AC to run I'm usually on..
But days like today, the AC won't run unless I drop temp to 72 degrees ...
So I bought a cheap styrofoam coolerand about 20 freezer packs. I load the cooler with the cool packs, I punched a couple holes in the side of the cooler,and a hole in the big enough for my 4 inch inlet..
Brings the temp down 5 to 6 degree's
so my girls stay happy..

Attachments

• IMAG1478.jpg
    IMAG1478.jpg
    748.4 KB · Views: 152
  • IMAG1477.jpg
    IMAG1477.jpg
    568.1 KB · Views: 156
it's a variation on a swamp cooler. you can add a computer fan to pump air from the cooler for an even bigger drop.

great idea. I have a massive walking freezer and if it gets way too hot this summer i'll be using this idea. for sure. I'll be able to freeze huge blocks of ice.

thanks

Where I live. High temperature can be a problem..If it's cold enough for my heat to run, I have no issues, temp with lights on stay hi 70s,
If it's hot enough for the AC to run I'm usually on..
But days like today, the AC won't run unless I drop temp to 72 degrees ...
So I bought a cheap styrofoam coolerand about 20 freezer packs. I load the cooler with the cool packs, I punched a couple holes in the side of the cooler,and a hole in the big enough for my 4 inch inlet..
Brings the temp down 5 to 6 degree's
so my girls stay happy..
I am going to try this today.
After adding another light a few days ago my temps get up to 85* late afternoon.
I was gonna add a small AC unit but this might save some electric ?

A cooler. 3 inch pvc elbow. 2 liter bottles of frozen water. And a fan . You’ll get cooler temps if air is coming from supply side. Better for fan too as your not pulling moisture across electronics. 2 holes . Fan blowing onto cooler and pvc elbow to point cold air. Great idea thanks for sharing

Back
Top Bottom