Keeping plants low and cutting branches

Spidermight

trying to keep my plants low af. already doing LST, but i can only do so much before the branches get too long horizontally that they can't support their weight.

i was wondering, one the branches start growing upwards (talking 'bout vegging) can i start cutting the ones that get too long so the other ones can catch up since i have a height limit? thanks.

:welcome: Yes as long as its in veg you wont have any issues.Im sure someone else will chime in also.But lst is your main
weapon with height or 12/12 after small veg small pots. She will just keep growing back but for training cutting it wont
hurt try to do it just above the new growth your cut point.

:welcome: Yes as long as its in veg you wont have any issues.Im sure someone else will chime in also.But lst is your main
weapon with height or 12/12 after small veg small pots. She will just keep growing back but for training cutting it wont
hurt try to do it just above the new growth your cut point.
ok good to know, i'm outdoors so there is no 12/12 option

Hey Spider!

Anytime that I aggressively supercrop or LST into flowering, I almost always need to support the buds in some way. If I didn’t, every grow would fall over from their own weight about 2 weeks before the end of flower, so I have to support everything even with good ventilation indoors, so I’m assuming you might have a similar problem outdoors? I don’t grow outside, but if I did I would put those big square tomato cages around your girls to support the budsite development that isn’t ‘straight up’ the plant. The grow like a Christmas Tree naturally, and when you top and LST they grow more like a menorah . HTH and GL!!!

Hey Spider!

Anytime that I aggressively supercrop or LST into flowering, I almost always need to support the buds in some way. If I didn’t, every grow would fall over from their own weight about 2 weeks before the end of flower, so I have to support everything even with good ventilation indoors, so I’m assuming you might have a similar problem outdoors? I don’t grow outside, but if I did I would put those big square tomato cages around your girls to support the budsite development that isn’t ‘straight up’ the plant. The grow like a Christmas Tree naturally, and when you top and LST they grow more like a menorah . HTH and GL!!!
the issue isn't rly bud weight but when branches become too long and skinny, a windy day will break em, that's why i only want them to get so long horizzontaly

the issue isn't rly bud weight but when branches become too long and skinny, a windy day will break em, that's why i only want them to get so long horizzontaly
Add Silica. It stiffens your branches. My branches are like tight springs. Push them down & they pop right back up unless I tie them down.

trying to keep my plants low af. already doing LST, but i can only do so much before the branches get too long horizontally that they can't support their weight.

i was wondering, one the branches start growing upwards (talking 'bout vegging) can i start cutting the ones that get too long so the other ones can catch up since i have a height limit? thanks.
Just keep in mind that when you cut 1 branch it will grow 2 branches out after the cut. What is your height limit ?
I keep my plants about 3' tall with LST & I only Top once.
12-126.JPG
12-134                  6-27-21.JPG
12-137                  6-27-21.JPG

My current grow (in a tent). I'll start Flower this Saturday.

Just keep in mind that when you cut 1 branch it will grow 2 branches out after the cut. What is your height limit ?
I keep my plants about 3' tall with LST & I only Top once.
12-126.JPG
12-134                  6-27-21.JPG
12-137                  6-27-21.JPG

My current grow (in a tent). I'll start Flower this Saturday.
i have about a meter in height which is very little considering how large my plants grow.

i have about a meter in height which is very little considering how large my plants grow.
That's going to be hard to do growing outside since it will be a long veg period. Are these in Pots or in the ground ? If in pots you could just leave the plants outside 12 hours a day & then put them in a dark closet each day for 12 hours to flower them. Maybe make a little cart with wheels to move them back & forth. I know someone else on here is doing just that at the moment. Also because of height issues. PITA ! But sometimes we have to do things the hard way. Maybe start your next outdoor grow a little later then you started this one.

That's going to be hard to do growing outside since it will be a long veg period. Are these in Pots or in the ground ? If in pots you could just leave the plants outside 12 hours a day & then put them in a dark closet each day for 12 hours to flower them. Maybe make a little cart with wheels to move them back & forth. I know someone else on here is doing just that at the moment. Also because of height issues. PITA ! But sometimes we have to do things the hard way. Maybe start your next outdoor grow a little later then you started this one.
why do all of that? can't i just keep lst and cutting branches that get too tall? more branches will develop so i'll have many low branches?? this is just my theory, i hope the cutting won't stress the plant too much

As long as she is still in veg she will get over it np. And i would say yes mate u could just keep cutting. sounds like
u dont mind a bush but dont want tree.;)

You only have to put 4 posts in the ground & attach the net. They come in all different sizes. I see a lot of people build a wood frame & then use string to make their own net to whatever size they want.
It is pretty much LST without any cutting. Instead, every time a branch starts growing upward, you tuck it under the net in the direction you want it to grow. Once you fill the net you let it grow upward & you get tons of Cola's.

How does it work? Never used one, but yeah i cant use one i have no where to really attach it also it would make it a bit hard to work on the plants since the biggest plant is almost a meter wide
The SCROG you are looking at is closing in on a meter now. That's a 3'x3' tent & it's getting near the edges.

Back
Top Bottom