guys I had to make an account and jump on, I’m in second week of cure, burped everyday first week and twice the next week my rh inside the jars are 60-63% and have been throughout this cure process thus far, My question is am I done burping?!?
Hey Stanley and :welcome: to 420magazine!

If it's been 21 days since your harvest and you have the RH down to the low 60s I'd say you're okay to seal the jars for curing. Do you have hygrometers for inside the jars? Will you be using Boveda (or another brand) humidity packs?

Hey Stanley and :welcome: to 420magazine!

If it's been 21 days since your harvest and you have the RH down to the low 60s I'd say you're okay to seal the jars for curing. Do you have hygrometers for inside the jars? Will you be using Boveda (or another brand) humidity packs?
still burping it has not been long enough. Yes I am using Boveda packs

All burped ambient RH 51% temp 63 Jars RH 69% My RH keeps going up and down part of the day it is in the mid 60's then up to 70% now 69% I cannot keep in around 64% I am using boveda packs had 2 in and I was at 70% took 1 out and went down to 69% it does not make sense to me.

Jars RH 69%
Leave the bud spread out for an hour when the ambient is under 60%. When you put them back in the jars wait at least 6 hours before reading the RH.
I am using boveda packs had 2 in and I was at 70% took 1 out and went down to 69% it does not make sense to me.
Boveda packs don't go in until you seal the jars at ~62% for curing. They can't move the RH more than a few points in either direction. They can also take 48 hours to change the humidity even when the RH is close to 62%. You won't see them have any effect in a shorter time period.

If you use them in jars at 70% they will try to absorb all that moisture and no longer work to be able to control it when you finally put them in at 62%.
Do you think I should lay the weed out on a tray again and try and bring the RH down by drying it.
Yes!

I have to burp today the RH has been holding at 66% hopefully I can get her down a little more. My wife had a surpize 60 birthday party, so I got with my family and caught up on their harvest. They all did good my cousin Brenda had a bumper harvest and has many pounds of weed they are going to make some hash and I can't wait to try some.

A famiky gathering comparing “grows” thats great! Sounds like your curing is coming under control, it took mine until week 6 of the cure to smell like buds not grass clippings!

Good luck
I still have a little grassy smell, but it is changing and yes it takes a long time. This is my first time doing this so it semse like forever, but I am going to take whatever it takes.

I still have a little grassy smell, but it is changing and yes it takes a long time. This is my first time doing this so it semse like forever, but I am going to take whatever it takes.
Me too, i guess since my cure is almost done, i may have actually completed my first grow!

Its quite a process for sure! Stay well man

Now that your first grow is almost complete, will you do anything different

Me too, i guess since my cure is almost done, i may have actually completed my first grow!

Its quite a process for sure! Stay well man

Now that your first grow is almost complete, will you do anything different
I will do everything differently I have learned so much here at 420 and I started knowing nothing. The first thing is I picked the right strain for outdoors. I have picked Pineapple chunks with a shorter flower time.

I will do everything differently I have learned so much here at 420 and I started knowing nothing. The first thing is I picked the right strain for outdoors. I have picked Pineapple chunks with a shorter flower time.

Gotcha, so you will do one outdoor grow a year and thats your selection for next spring ? Will you vegge indoors first ?

Back
Top Bottom