Kelp meal in soil

Virandell

Hi I read somewhere I am not sure if correctly that kelp meal mixed with soil takes 4months before it's even available to the plants ? Is it true ? I am not sure if I been wasting it as my grow last about 4months .. and to not better apply it rehydrated like in buildasoil DIY idea
Any opinions?

Dont take that long. Have you ever top dressed with it. It disappears in a few days.

You can grind it in a coffee grinder (spare one) and re-hydrate and then water it in. That works too.

I just made a kelp meal and EWC aerated compost tea. I watered that in too. It won't take 4 months wont even take 4 days.

Dont take that long. Have you ever top dressed with it. It disappears in a few days.

You can grind it in a coffee grinder (spare one) and re-hydrate and then water it in. That works too.

I just made a kelp meal and EWC aerated compost tea. I watered that in too. It won't take 4 months wont even take 4 days.
That's true actually I been top dressing usually with the malted barley and it's been disappearing quite quick some crappy info I read then I thought it's abit to long :D, I have 1 more question to you buddy usually I am reppoting my plants at day 10 to final pots next grow I will do full bottle nutes unfortunately untill I will not move to another house I cant do supersoil or living soil from a lack of space. You think it's a good idea to mix some kelp with just potting soil if yes what ratio ? About 1tbsp per gallon will be ok ? or it's abit to early and better just water with kelp meal later on ?

I do a cup per 7.5 gal soil in my soil mix and add 1/3 cup per 7.5gal at up-pot with EWC and malted barley and mycos in the hole.
I am planting to my final pot when they are 10 days old so I am not sure should mix the kelp with the soil at this stage or maybe better wait and add it later as they will be still quite young ?

I do the same when I transition from solo cup to a #3 nursery pot (add kelp/malted corn/malted barley) maybe a tad less of everything but not much less. Then I do the same when I go from the #3 to the final 7.5gal pot. Then mainly its all water for the rest of the way to harvest.

I do the same when I transition from solo cup to a #3 nursery pot (add kelp/malted corn/malted barley) maybe a tad less of everything but not much less. Then I do the same when I go from the #3 to the final 7.5gal pot. Then mainly its all water for the rest of the way to harvest.
@bobrown14 could you check your messages I texted you about dolomite lime and kelp I would highly appreciate your help :)

Back
Top Bottom