KelticBlue's 2017: Soil, Ace Seeds Pure Pakistan Chitral Kush x Kali China Yunnan

Plant is all droopy. I think the sub irrigation might be dried out. It seems there is roots through out the container. I am going to put a drop of distiller water top side at some point today ove the wicking area in the earthbox.
Or it could be all the training I am doing I am ruthless in the bending and tucking of tops and leafs. I think I have 8 viable tops 6 the look like they could be level enough by next week. Flip to flower will be before thew end of the month.

Picture time;---- 3 weeks and 5 days since sprout.

An over view of the tops being training level.

All pictures taken before I trained today. The tops have grown out overnight.

They need tucked and tied

The top growth up close

nine bladed leafs and the smell of ground pepper

Good inter node growth

By my calendar, 4 weeks 3 days since sprout. Zamaldelica!
Happy with the plant, I am trying to get the canopy level-ish. I have 4-6 very good leaders, another 2 are ready to join in the fun. And another 2 that are probably not going to make the top shelf of the grow but I am going to try. That is 10 tops. I like it, it will do.

I have been LST-ing the leaders back and in general abusing the poor thing. I have the container on the floor now with lights as high as will go. I didnt measure, lets hope it is enough room for flowers.

Tops are all light green and healthy. The container is dry I am giving it some time to dry out this week.

I have kept the height of the tops about the same with LST to soil top, it is spreading out nicely.

It is a Fem seed so I have not been looking for preflowers but I bet I could find them soon.

Nice tops

Nice nodes

And more of the same, nice nodes

Another couple happy tops shots

I feel pretty good about this today. And I am so looking forward to my upclose bud pictures:slide:
I makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Bring the flowers. Fliiiiip in 2 -3 weeks. Gawd I am getting impatient.

I'd be impatient too. She looks very healthy. I'm still waiting to see how that badminton net gets used. Cheers man...Have a great day. :bongrip:

:D:laugh:I am having a good laugh at meself.
Yes Jim, I dunno what I am doing with the netting, newbie. I thought the netting I got was 3 inch squares but it is 6 inch. I do have some wood and additional netting to do something approximating a DIY scrog.
.....What I have now is the same technique I have always used, I feel like I am doing the same thing without pipe cleaners. However, It is great fun. I come back to the grow after 4 days away and grab the runaway tops and tuck them under the net string. The plant at this point is easy to separate from the string. I am getting it to go horizontal so I am just going with it.
I have looked at other ScroG and they top multiple times and get seemingly hundreds of tops and big yields. I might try to top more in the future. but if I had 20 tops in my 2x2.5 they would be quite cozy with each other. Maybe during a winter flowering when the dang RH is down.:surf: Hmm, like the potential.

Cheers :cheer:

re:
The container is dry I am giving it some time to dry out this week.

I was reading recently how Doc Bud takes a quart or so of water and sprinkles over the soil every 3-4 days while waiting for the pot to dry out. This encourages roots to grow to the top of the soil as well as the sides and bottom of the pot.

I've just started doing this in the last 2 weeks so won't have direct confirmation this works for another month or so:)

re:

I was reading recently how Doc Bud takes a quart or so of water and sprinkles over the soil every 3-4 days while waiting for the pot to dry out. This encourages roots to grow to the top of the soil as well as the sides and bottom of the pot.

I've just started doing this in the last 2 weeks so won't have direct confirmation this works for another month or so:)
I put a plant into a 17 gallon tote. The previous grow of the cut didn't have any roots in the top half of the container when I harvested, so I only top watered about a quart every day for a month straight. After that, I went to the wet/dry cycles for another month before she went into flower. It's still in flower, but when I raked the top to add recharge and ewc, I was finding tons of thick roots right at the top of the soil.

I've started doing top watering of a couple cups on top every few days once I transplant. It really helps beef up the root system.

re:

but when I raked the top to add recharge and ewc, I was finding tons of thick roots right at the top of the soil.

I've started doing top watering of a couple cups on top every few days once I transplant. It really helps beef up the root system.

Excellent!

Okay, So, This is strange but great timing you guys. 2 days ago, I just started to spray the top of the soil with my spray bottle because I started to find very fine thin roots in the loose top soil. I do not want to over do it on the top watering because I do not want wet soil to drip into the reservoir of the E-Box, well any more than it already has. Some soil is going to drop no matter what.

I just got my nose out of the tent. I use a chop stick plunged into the soil to assess the moisture content, in the far back corner. And it is looking dry all the way down. I have a gallon of distilled (bubbling, I dunno if it helps but I am aerating it, I dunno?)
I have an airstone in reservoir for after I water as well.
So, I am thinking tomorrow morning. I half fill the reservoir. So i can check on it before i leave.
.......I leave for 4 days sunday afternoon be back wednesday.

I took only a few snaps today, I have yet to upload. Cheers:cheer:

I did a bit of garden fussing this morning. I messed with my 2 'other pots'. I have amaranth and 'goosefoot'/lambsquarters. Both are edible wild weeds. I am using them as fresh mulch for the same pots they are growing in. I may throw a seed in the bigger pot before I leave, I have one ready, see if it will grow (orient express.x.autoCBG) The soil is pretty healthy and draining well. See if I can get a plant to take before I flip the tent to flower lighting.
Midsummer, summer solstice is thursday next. I plan to flip to 11/13 the next day.

Here is the environs this morning

And some plant pictures.
Nodes

nodes, I see a preflower : - )

a top

howdy mr.K , what's cracking in that garden of goodness you have..

I iz liking your new avatar. I just got home last night, I needed to sleeps, is. I took a couple of piccys. I am headed into mid summer with high humidity sticky but the garden grows. I am letting the tops go with less training I am now trying for spacing between tops and going to start 11/13 light schedule this week or next.

Summer sol..............:ciao:

I was half azleep i think when i did my foto.
I am getting a canopy not quite level but I have 8-10 solid tops to put into flower. Not sure how much strech I will get but I have some room to play with.

Here is some frogs to start it off

They are plant training devices, I attach they to the tops that need training.

The plant canopy filling in .:surf:

and some alternate views of how the canopy was after i had been gone for 4 days

with 12 inch ruler. One with to rule them.

Going to bring the tall one down

let the others catch up

And assorted greenery...

Frivolity ensues. :ciao:

Here is some more pictures I did after playing with the top training with my new frog friends.

The frog riding the wave of leafs.:surf:

Frogs on top

I dunno does the frog have a name, Freddie?

Francisco?
The reverse view.

Absolutely fabulous Frank!

the frog-ette keeping the tops down

Some node close ups.

Photo Drop
I think I am about done leveling the canopy. I have 10 branches 8 of which should do well the other 2 may or may not, i dunno. ....:surf:flowering lighting happens this week.
I am super busy through the fourth of july then i get a break. tent is mostly on cruse till then.

i have the tops in training and learning.

light green new growth

the branches are growin out and then up, i hope as that is the idea.

pretty green leaves and things

more leafs and tops

a top

more

a top node

more

and yet more :)

my grow lights Timber 200 watt Cree COBs

@TimberGrowLights never sure i know how to do the at thingy, oh weeell

the undersides of me plantings

not sure, a look top down center,:hmmmm:

soil level view