KelticBlue's - Indoor - Soil - LED/CFL - Ace Seeds' PCK x Kali China - 2015

kelticBlue

So I had to do something to try to give back to the community. I have read alot over the last 8 months or so since it became legal in my little city to grow. I had to give something back.

First, none of my produce is for me. Sad but OK, just not in the cards for me. It was first for my wife who needs pain management. Now in the last week it turns out my brother in law has had cancer of the esophagus start to spread. So I am gonna do what I can and learn all about oil.

Next, I live in a inner city studio Apartment. Space is a always a factor. My tent is basically a veg tent 30"x18"x36"
I know I know, I am limiting myself, asking for problems, I know. If the need grows greater in the near future, I may be able to grow to a taller tent.

So mini grow with training and what not to keep these babies between 12-18 inches? So far so good.
The grow is 12/12 from seed.

I am far along with this grow. I dropped the Fem. seed on July 4th. It sprouted 3 days later in a jiffy peat puck. I planted it into a coffee cup on July 8th ish and this is what she looked like.... Lemme see if i do this right....
sprout... I call her Nansi.
CIMG8699.jpg

Okay so here is the info on the grow.

What strain is it? ........Pakistan Chitral Kush X Kali China. Ace Seeds limited edition

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? 80 % indica / 20 % sativa.
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? 12/12 from seed, Flower stage since late july/early aug 2015
Indoor
Soil
what is in your mix? ......build your organic soil CC soil recipe with addition of 1/8 cup crushed eggs shell and 1/4 cup used coffee grounds during soil cook
If soil... What size pot? .....7 gallon, only 5 gallons of soil really in pot
Size of light? ..... Mars hydro 96x3 reflector 12 hours (and a 250 watt CFL with wing reflector on for a 4-5 hours 'mid-day' lights on)
Is it aircooled? ..No
Temp of Room/cab? ...75-79, 86-91 with CFL on
RH of Room/cab? ...45-60%
PH of media or res? ...no
Any Pests ? ...no
How often are you watering? ..3 to 4 days
Type and strength of ferts used? .....Homemade seaweed water. (gulfweed)
EWC, BSM, & Alfalfa meal tea. Aloe water. Willow water & Chamomile tea during soil cooking. Crushed sea shells

So about 2 weeks and 4 days after I put into the cup roots were showing out of the bottom. The soil was ready in the 7 gallon, so on with the transplant.
some tools and myke.
CIMG8767.jpg
CIMG8764.jpg

I see roots, Ahoy there!
CIMG8769.jpg

And Nansi in her new forever home, that is a random bag seed next to her in flower on the left, Saffy is her name.
CIMG8773.jpg

Hope you don't mind if I tag along and watch your grow. All looks good and just happen to be a MarsHydro fan. Thanks for the grow... Subbed

Anywho, It is my second indoors girl brought to flower. I grew a bunch outdoors in the 1980s, all but one stolen. water under the bridge right.
Anywho, It is my second indoors girl brought to flower, whoot!
at about three and a half weeks from sprout.
CIMG87981.jpg

Edit: i got the temp and humidity monitor. I have some heat spikes and Humidity issues. I have a portable A/C unit next to the tent to help. I have a 6 inch 240 CFM fan running exhaust and a small clip on fan to help circulate. Gotta get an intake fan at some point.

So first week of Aug I start to gently 'train'. I start of by pushing on the main stem. All the while grabbing a leaf with a pipe cleaner and pulling toward the CFL in the corner. I want the main top under the CFL.
August 1st. been in the big pot for one week.
CIMG8844.jpg

August 6th. more push toward the corner..Gentle, Gently.
CIMG8854.jpg
CIMG8856.jpg

Now August 8th it is about where I want it for now. With a bend in the stem.
CIMG8888.jpg
CIMG8885.jpg

August 10th it is in the corner of the pot under the CFL. The LED hangs on a very slight angle toward the pot as well
IMG_75364.jpg

EDit: I have the pipe cleaner around the stem holding it.

I think I will top dress with EWC and water with very diluted seaweed water, (I have about 2 liters left)
Then I think she just gets plain R/O and/or Distilled water, I have both hanging around.
This plant grew so strong and flowered so quickly, I think her time is approaching. If I could get a break in the heat I think she would finish in 2 weeks. I don't have experience judging when to harvest. So I will prolly do it in stages. And she how my Missus like it. So far she has sampled a popcorn and said it made her lip tingle numb like after a puff.

Advice on harvest is very welcome!
The wide shot
IMG_76872.jpg

Bud shot
IMG_76772.jpg

Time for the close up
CIMG9112.jpg

cloudy heads
CIMG9106.jpg

Great shots there Keltic Blue and a lovely looking plant. OK as to harvest times you want to be looking at those white pistils that are growing straight. Usually I wait until 50%-70% of those have turned orange are receding back on themselves (curling in back towards the plant). I use that as an indicator as to when I start looking at trichomes. I like a couch lock so I like to have gone past the mainly cloudy phase and a lot of amber. It all depends on your taste. If you want a head high you want mainly cloudy with hardly any amber, couch lock more amber = more couchlock.

Of course testing it in phases is all fun too :) It will affect your end yield results though as in the last two weeks your buds will fatten nicely, those last two weeks are essential. It's all a matter of taste though. If when trying a dried nug you think that it hits the spot disregard my advice and get her chopped. It's all about what works for you, which is why I enjoy growing my own as I can get the effect I want exactly as I want it.

I hope this helps you and I'm sure other growers will help you out too. Good luck with the grow and all the best :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom