Ken's Original GDP - Sour OG Grow - 450w HPS - BP w/SSM #8

What strains are they?
(5) Ken's original Grand Daddy Purple - regular
(1) 818 Headband (a.k.a. Sour OG) - feminised

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Indica hybrids

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
Seeds started today @ 2:00 P.M.

If in Veg... For how long?
N/A.

If in Flower stage... For how long?
N/A.

Indoor or outdoor?
Indoor.

Soil or Hydro?
Soilless.

What is in your mix?
Seedlings : 1/2 Miracle-Gro Seed Starter Mix; 1/2 Sunshine Mix #8.
Veg and Flowering : Sunshine Mix #8 w/ Root Magic mychorrizae.

What size pot?
Seedlings : 4" peat pots.
Veg and Flowering : 3 gallon grow bags.

Size of light?
Seedlings and veg : 18/6 - 125w full spectrum 6500k mogul-base CFL.
Flowering : 12/12 - (3) 150 watt HPS enclosed ballast reflectors.

Is it aircooled?
4" vent fan = 6" hardware fan (out); passive airflow (in).

Temp of Room/cab?
Around 77 degrees F.

RH of Room/cab?
30-35%

PH of media or res?

Any Pests ?
No.

How often are you watering?
2 times per week; RO water.

Type and strength of nutes used?
Blue Planet Farmer's Pride full line, Mega-Gro foliar spraying and Cal-Mag.

I'm germinating these using the paper towel method and when they open I'll put them in the peat pots and under the light. I'll be topping and pinching these to keep the canopy flat and I'm going to do a short veg period. I am doing this partly for a seed crop by the way, and I'm hoping to get a good male to pollinate the whole closet. I'll only use the Sour OG seeds and seeds from the best looking female GDP, and figure out what to do with the rest of them later.
Post pics when they pop the dirt!
:peace:

Re: Ken's original GDP; Sour OG grow - 450w HPS - BP w/SSM#8

Sounds good PotChimp

i'm very interested on how those seeds will turn out. Good luck

Me too. I'm not sure what kind of sick demented minds come up with ideas like the crosses it takes to make a strain like 818 Headband but it's nice to know those kind of people are out there..... :)

Note : All 5 GDPs and the 818 seed cracked open (6 for 6; as it should be for the dough we spend). I put them in 4" peat pots with 1/2 SSM#8 and Miracle-Gro Seed Starter Mix. Should be posting pics soon.

The Sour OG and two GDPs broke the soil today. Right now all six seedlings are in with another grow I have, and after changing CFL bulbs in my seedling closet I'll put them in and post pics.
I have (5) Connoisseur Genetics Grandaddy Purple plants in flower now, and I am thinking of putting one back into veg because of the nice trichome count the plant has. I'll dust it with some original GDP pollen after I put it back into flowering if I decide to do it.

Day 5 from seed :
001863.JPG

Me too. I'm not sure what kind of sick demented minds come up with ideas like the crosses it takes to make a strain like 818 Headband but it's nice to know those kind of people are out there..... :)

Me to

Day 5 from seed :
001863.JPG

Nice and clean, take note people...

Man thanks for the heads up on those CONN. genetics I was about to order the rainbow jones I read through your other grow just to find out im was headed here. Hope the kens turns out really purple for you :thumb: and ive got 150s' too, but really want them mh rather than hps I wonder would unhooking the ignitor will let mh run? I tried regular 150 mh bulbs and they wouldnt fire so idk and conversion bulbs are as much as the 150 setups. Anyho great grows + rep

Thanks, Mrgivemethat. This is going to be a fun breeding project here. I'm not sure if I should dust the whole closet with a GDP male, or just do the 818 and the best GDP female. I'm thinking of revegging one of the purps from my other grow so I can cross it with this strain too.
If anything, a cross between the three should at least stink pretty good..... :)

Id love to have some GDP pollen id rather have that then a clone ooooh jealous when those brans strat rolling out I wanna 10 or 20 pack ive got a male qrazy train and ill cross it with my 2 qt females and whiye widow and hammerhead maybe og and fruity chronic juice id call that one qrazy chronic juice hahaha but id rather have kens gdp ftom what ive been reading over conn. one but have you heard anything about the grandaddy purple seeds GDP?

I haven't heard much. But a few grows have been done here at 420 magazine with the Connoisseur Genetics Grandaddy Purple strain. I haven't seen any info on Ken's strain yet. I've seen care info on clones posted online in a few places, though.

Note : One of the five GDPs that opened didn't make it. After it still wasn't up this morning, I dug around the top of the soil with an ink pen cover and found it. I magnified it and saw it was brown and necrotic inside. I've been thinking about running a mother plant inside this locker and keeping it small. Right now I have Super Lemon Haze going in another grow just for that purpose. I may regret it, but I planted a Neville's Haze fem seed in place of the GDP dud. I'll read up on it and if it is difficult to clone I'll just grow it out and just keep the SLH instead of flowering it out after using it for clones (NH has a longer flowering period). I keep reading about psychedelic smoking experiences, but I keep having average to good buzz experiences. We'll see if this changes that..... :)

Ken's GDP; Sour OG - Week 1, Day 1 from seed :
005748.JPG

As you can see in the lower left, I have the Neville's Haze planted. I didn't read anything I liked about the strain except the weed's good :)
I'll plant it in a big pot and try to grow it out but since I'm not an expert I'll probably kill it.....

That's my Vanilla Orchid in the background; it didn't like 12/12 as small as it is.

Looking good PC, subbed. I can't wait to see how these GDP turn out for ya, thinking about doing a run of them next round.

Welcome HomeMedGrower. I'm looking pretty forward to the experience and outcome of this grow myself. I'm not a very experienced grower, but I have decent analytical abilities and a strong passion for indoor growing so I hope you pick up something useful here if you decide on this strain. I'm looking just as forward to pollinating the 818 Headband, seeing the resulting future crosses and selectively breeding the best traits out. It would be cool to get something worth stabilizing I think..... :blunt:

Update : I decided after a little thinking to do a few changes (the main grow won't be affected).

The size of Neville's Haze plants is a factor, and it is suggested to start it under 12/12 to help keep them smaller. I put that seed into a tent with my ATF/SLH grow so it doesn't hamper these plants in any way.

The other thing I was thinking about was numbers. With 4 GDPs and a 50% male/female ratio, I'll only have 2 males to choose from and a smaller 2 female yield. I decided to add 2 more GDPs for a total of 6. They are germinating (paper towel method) as of last night.

And the final thing was that the whole grow here is about getting seeds and breeding. I saw a plant in my other Connoisseur Genetics Grandaddy Purple grow that I think looks nice. No purple (stiil about 3 weeks out of harvest) but it smells like grapes. What I liked about it was how far the trichomes went out on to the leaves. What caught my attention about the Headband strains was the trichomes that go along the leaf margins; one of the reasons it is in this grow (the whoopa$$ genetics in the making of it is the other). I picked the buds off the nice looking other GDP, put it in the back of this closet and I am attempting to reveg it. I'll deep water with plain RO water later and after another deep watering follow with a feeding.

I'll post more pics soon.

Week 1, Day 4 from seed :
008579.JPG
009533.JPG

In the back ground is the trimmed back Connoisseur Genetics Grandaddy Purple plant I wanted to reveg from my other grow. Three weeks from chop isn't the best time, I know. But man it smells like grapes and I like how much of the leaf surface area is covered in trichomes so it's breeding time for it. The two new Ken's GDP seeds cracked and are in the two 4" peat pots now; they should be breaking the soil soon.

Week 2 from seed :
009534.JPG

Revegging GDP
010496.JPG

I'm going to put these plants into 1 gallon grow bags until they get old enough to put into 12/12, keep one good male, then put the remaining females in 3 gallon bags. I'll place a fan in front of the male so that the whole mess gets pollinated. I think I'll take clones from the Connoisseur Genetics GDP and put one in here, too.

Back
Top Bottom