Kerala x Skunk & NL x Skunk - Indoors - End of 2014

Fourteen inches? Seems a little close. Not afraid to try it, though. My seedlings in the back are only a week or so old, to be sure. Is that okay?

my light is 7" away from my sprouts and they're happy. 14" isn't going to hurt them at all. they'll enjoy the light and warmth. I would suggest 12", but you might not get full coverage because you have four plants.

Sounds good! I raised them out of fear of burning earlier, lol. Thanks, b.real!

Planted a bagseed from some Mexi-brick I got a bag of a year or two ago. I put it in a 3" plastic pot, see if it grows or not. Often, brick-pressed bagseeds are physically damaged, and won't grow, I've found. I've still got a ton of brick seeds, and if this one grows, I may try a SOLO SOG in the future with them. Maybe 10-20 of em, I don't know yet.

looking very good. I suggest hanging the light 14" away so you can get the most out of it.

Seconded. Mine are just a little bit older than yours, AMK and are very happy under about 14".

Nice set-up, AMK, and it looks like it's progressing nicely. Will you have time to top and train the ladies, if you decide to go that way? Don't you lose veg time by putting them on a 12/12 from the start? This is probably basic info, but I've never followed a 12/12 grow, so I am not really sure how the plants respond.

I'm sort of trying to follow the ideas of this: No Mercy Seeds 12/12 Hours 7 Harvests a Year System b.real also has grow journals doing 12/12 from seed.

I'm open to topping them, as the space isn't too full, but I'm not sure what exactly to expect from these strains. Do I want one main cola, or many colas? Answer should be obvious, I guess, lol. The thread linked mentions plants will mostly grow one long main cola under 12/12 from seed. Oh, and I do lose all veg time. But that's sort of the point of the experiment, too. Had to see what No-Mercy's 12/12 process could do for me. Cat destroyed my results last time, I was using bagseed last time, and I was using CFL's and hydro at the time, as well. Plants are supposedly supposed to show sex within a couple weeks of sprouting, then continuing on upwards, growing buds. Even if flowering these, I could take a few lower branches and clone these, at intervals. But that and topping don't really work together, well, they do, but it's self-defeating, I think. I could just do no training, or I could put a SCROG in there, but to use a SCROG to the fullest, I'd need to veg. Unless I get autos next grow, and unless this grow blows my mind (it very well should, if all goes well), I thinking of doing a SCROG, but for that, I want to find seeds that are well suited to SCROGing, and are fairly cheap, and Feminized. I'd like to experiment with pollen in the future, but right now I'm not set up for it. /stoned ramble/ ;)

are you plants feminized? if so I think you should veg them for 1-2 weeks then go to 12/12. I think this light can handle 4 plants max so don't veg too long. it's impossible for me to keep my light on for longer than 12 hours because the light leaks into my basement and I can't have that during the day :thumb:

Two are feminized, two are not. The bagseed I put in there yesterday isn't feminized either, at least as far as I know. It's unknown enough to call it a cannabis seed, and nothing more. It could be hemp for all I know, lol. But we'll see. I've been going 12/12 for a couple weeks with these already. I think switching back to >12 on, would set me back a few weeks, wouldn't it?

They've grown!

SAM_17161.JPG
SAM_1718.JPG
SAM_17191.JPG
SAM_1721.JPG

Comparison

SAM_1712.JPG
SAM_17161.JPG

Ah, well kick ass. Will keep them in mind, when I get paid (meager pay, lol) again. In the meantime, I'll keep using my Cocoons, but will limit my visual exposure. Temps are great in the closet right now. I think I can easily keep closet door shut, which is how it should be.

On a side note, I've got an ounce of dry fan leaves I'm not sure what to do with, and about 11g of already-run-once popcorns and shake that I want to run for oil again. Any idea what to do with teh fan leaves, or are they just good for compost?

You can either use the fan leaves for making hashish, tincture or a concentrate.

I have a portable washing machine similar to the Bubble Magic 5 Gallon Mini Washing Machine that I put the trimmings in a mesh bag and place inside the washing machine, I then fill the washing machine with cold water and ice cubes and set it for 2 cycles. I then place my 5 Gallon All Mesh five Bubble bags inside of a 5 gallon pail then drain the washing machine through its discharge hose into the bucket. I then remove each bag one at a time as I drain the liquid from the bag. The trichomes are gathered in the bottom of the bags and are removed in different grades and pressed in a pressing screen to remove excess water. I then take my Large Piranha Aluminum Pollen T-Press and press the hashish into convenient sized disks.

Bubble Magic 5 Gallon Mini Washing Machine

Bubble Magic 5 Gallon Mini Washing Machine

5 Gallon All Mesh five Bubble Bag Kit

https://www.customhydroponic.com 5 Gallon All Mesh five Bubble Bag Kit

Large Piranha Aluminum Pollen T-Press

https://www.theothersidevapes.com large piranha aluminum pollen t-press

You could also use a Magical Butter machine to extract the trichomes using butter or other mediums.

Magical Butter At the touch of a button, enjoy healthy foods and natural skin care products.

They've grown even more!

Today I gave the front two (left is KxS#1, right is NLxS) a dose of 11-35-15, and the back two a dose of 20-14-13.

I think the front Kerala*Skunk may be a male. It was a regular seed, so doesn't surprise me. I may put it outside, if the weather gets warmer, and collect pollen from it, if indeed it is a male.

Possible male Kerala x Skunk #1
PossibleMale.jpg

9 December
SAM_17501.JPG

11 December
SAM_1759.JPG

I ought to add, that I have been turning the plants every few days. Just a habit of mine when they're small. Thanks for the reply. I hope my suspicion of a male is a false alarm.

Quite a noticeable difference in two days. Very nice, very lush. Hard to tell by the pic if it is male. Another day or two and it should be very obvious. Stay green, my friend.

Got a few more pics today. Front NLxS (feminised) is confirmed female. I moved the suspicious KxS to the back, and the younger KxS to the front. I forgot to get pics of all four plants, but I'm having some concerns with the younger Kerala x Skunk, that I'm unsure what's going on with its leaves. I'll have to grab some pics of that later.

Here's two pics of the KxS that I think may be male, but I'm unsure and don't want to do anything prematurely that I'd regret.
IsItMale.jpg
IsItAMale.jpg

Here's the NLxS's first female preflowers
ItsAGirl3.jpg

EDIT: Been up all night again. Just looked at the clock, and shocked to see it was only 9AM, as I for some reason thought it was about 3PM. :trance::confused:

EDIT2: I'm really really really digging this light. :) The plants have been simply exploding since absorbing these beautiful photons. :love:

I think it's time for more hot morning gogo brew. :nomo:

I posted here: Possible male, and spotting on leaves , to see if anyone has any advice on the KxS, whose leaves are spotting, and the other one, which I can't really tell if it's balls or leaves I'm seeing.

This is the one with the leaf issues.
SAM_17771.JPG
SAM_17801.JPG

Back
Top Bottom