KillAton 1st grow/room setup

I would say just pay close attention to it and yeah back off for a lil bit, but on one of the pics it looks like some mold? maybe?
l8tnightskunk, I took care of the mold and algae today so I'm hoping it won't show back up. I will be paying very close attention. Thanks for stopping by and the feedback.

Thanks for stopping by Pan your knowledge is vast! It seemed liked I was the only 1 on this planet that had what was going on with my rockwool. I can't wait to put most of these into flowering. I think that will be Monday, I'm going to the store today to by some hydroton and other misc. things.

Picture9.jpg
last day before going to flowering for most of the kids

Pan4gold49: The algae hasn't gotten any worse and I'm noticing it starting to die off. Thanks for the advise and checking in.
Tricome: yea get the algae stuff asap!!! I almost had a heart attack once it started to get bad.
L8nightskunk: I just added the algae control so it would halt the algae and then I used my fingers and pulled all the infected rockwool off and added new rockwool since it was just on the top layer it wasn't that hard to do. And I took off the black plastic so the rockwool received light to kill off the mold spores. At first I had put the plastic on them to stop the algae, once I did that the mold started to form so than I started using the algae stuff and kept the covers off and it nothing has came back yet.

I'm getting some burnt tips on my clones and I'm not sure whats causing it. Not all of them are doing this. Their not getting any nutes as of yet. When should I introduce nutes to them? Their only about a week old and have been in the dome the whole time. Ph of water is 6.0 and I mist them once a day a few hours after the lights turn on. Pan4gold49 I read on one of your posts in another journal, I think it was yours, that they could be getting burnt from the light. Their under T-5's with a 400w MH next to them. Temp is 83f with lights on and humidity is around 30/40%. Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

That does sound like a lot of light.

Remember too that water droplets can act as light-magnifiers to the leaves.

I've actually found that misting the cuttings every day and keeping them in an ultra-high environment gave me slower results. Your mileage may vary of course.

I would cut them at an angle, scrape off the outer part of the stem for about 3/4" from the cut, dunk them under some pure water to get rid of any possible air bubbles at the cut, lightly dust them with an anti-fungal, and "plant" them in whatever media I had handy. If growing in soil I'd often use a very light soil mix, for hydro I would use 50:50 vermiculite/perlite as it rinsed off the new roots easily.

I would rig up some kind of "dome" if the room they were in was extremely dry, because I didn't want them to transpire what moisture they did have. I would mist them once. I would keep the "soil" damp (not soggy). I would use a redneck-propagator (heating pad). And I'd keep them under constant but not superbright lights. If they started looking wilty I would consider misting them a second time. But I wanted them thirsty enough that they decided to send roots out in search of water.

Or I'd get lazy and just stick them in a glass of water and put it on the kitchen windowsill and plant them when they grew roots.

Or if I was feeling froggy I might do the air-layering thing and then cut the "clones" off of the mother plant when they had grown roots.

TourturedSoul: Thanks for stopping by and the knowledge. I might try to not mist them everyday, but I could have swore I read somewhere they needed that mist everyday. But your logic in regards to not doing that and letting the roots search for h20 makes sense. I didn't think the 400w MH was actually reaching them but it might be.

They need to not dry out.

In some situations that means misting. But not always. And I'm kind of lazy lol.

The bottom line is: Whatever works for you.

But definitely feel free to experiment.

Ok here is what happen, They went 1 day without watering 2 days ago, now under 600w hps and in the first week of flowering. I adjusted the ph level this morning cause it was really high and brought it back down to 6.0. They started to wilt after the day without watering and haven't bounced back yet. My cuttings I'm not sure whats going on with them, I think I over watered them! Can my any of these be saved? Please help ASAP!

Back
Top Bottom