Killer holiday

ratty dog luv

think I killed my for plants when I went on holiday for two weeks. Set up an irrigation system that seems to have worked too well, ie: that the resevior dryed up too quickly ! I don't know how many days the plants were without water but when I got back I found that there are literaly no fan leaves left. HoweverI am curretntly in week 7 of flowering and they all have substantially developed buds and colas. I have been back for 3 days now and have been watering them and they seem to be alive and actually swelling and producing lots of clear techranomes and new growth (pistils).
As i've readthis might not be so terrible as is is right at the end and that infact plants loose thier fan leaves as they reach the end.
Help me please i'm a bit stuck as to what can happen now!!

Re: killer holiday..

Yeh they are! Juging by my calculations they must have gone about a week without!
You think they can still produce good T.H.C withouut the fan leafs? The colas are all prety big.

got a magnafiying glass and thecola and buds are covered. There also seems to be new leafs being produced in the cola and new white pistals (hairs, don't yet know the spelling of all this stuff). T

didn't mean to enter that there!!!
The Trich's on the worst effected seem to be turning a bit amber i'm not sure as it's under a HPS. I turned it of and tried a normal bulb but it's too hard to tell. The others seem to be swelling each day and producing more Trichs. What do you reakon. cut the worst and wait and see with the other three? How deep does the amber go? is it a subtal shade or very obvious?
Thanks alot for the help so far and believe me going on holiday during flowering was one of the most painfull experiences of my life!!! Couldn't help it though, familly and girlfriend! You know how it is.

Yeh so i've read, but like I say its a bit hard to say. and is it better to havest before they turn amber or when they're cloudy?

You may have some trichs that were there before the drought that have turned due to the almost dieing.
Sounds like it has started to put out new groth and recover.

when the white hairs start to turn colors check the trichs again.

your not exactly gonna have a perfect harvest due to the lack of water for so long.
Point is to learn from doin' :cheesygrinsmiley:

(note to self, Farm sitting service, get the Unwanted Stoner Babes on it)

Yeh it sure is a learning curve.
Oh well not to bad I still have 3 left and now one drying. Should be good if the charas i just rolled of my fingers is anything to go by...... Sh*t... red eyed to f**k!!!
The Buds on the branches and the leafs seem to have taken most of the damage, the buds not being to big. But the cola is prety big! About the size of a bottle of Ribena. Not bad, and to think that I planted for bag seeds, all female and all so freakin' resiliant. Being that this is the second time that they 've put through the mill. The first being me MH and my girlriend cut the air while I was at the pub. Not intentionaly like, But she new it didn't seem right and did NOTHING! Women! Oh well the other women in my cupboard just shruged it of, grew new heads over the next few days and just got stronger.... Hard Core Bitchs!!!
Oh yeh while i was manicuring I also collected tons of redish brown pistils, can I smoke these now, or keep them in a bowl to dry or somthing?

yeh they are!
And I don't know. I think they get me a bit high!
When do you think is the best time to harvest, after a night or a day cycle?

What do you base that on. Doesit make a diff?
Think I might hold off for a day or 2. They seem to be really making a last minute charge. Even seem to have replaced all the red pistalls with white ones!!??
New growth and more ticrinmes being produced. How long do You think this could take??

Tha's the kind of sprit I was lookin" for Moose. Good lookin' sonny!
Honoured to have you on my thread mate!
Whats your thoughts on harvest?
after Night or day? Or are you one who goes for the extended dark period. I spoke to a grower who reckons that a 2 day dark period helps to disolve Chlorophylle??
questions, questions what to do?
Hope your checkin' your under garments mate!
Glad your still with us

What do you base that on. Doesit make a diff?
Think I might hold off for a day or 2. They seem to be really making a last minute charge. Even seem to have replaced all the red pistalls with white ones!!??
New growth and more ticrinmes being produced. How long do You think this could take??
Yeapper, Moose is Master indeed. :cheesygrinsmiley:
All the MODs Here Rock !!!

Read somewhere some cannabniods(sp) peak in the dark cycle and start to decrease during the light cycle.

I have done that 24-48+ hours of dark before cutting and I noticed an increase in somethangs But others say they haven't.
Like everything else connected to our hobby and
tryin' to troubleshoot/advise from here,
play with it, see what You like and works best for ya'.

How long? long as it takes :cheesygrinsmiley:
like Moose says,
The longer the better.
just don't let them get gone.

Sound like thangs may be a bit prolonged or shortened
due to the trial and tribulations they have gone through.

Just keep a eye on 'em.

Her's hoping for prolonged!!!
I got another question for ya mags...
I'm using a 250 Hps but I got one in reserve!
What d'you reckon, juice things up a bit for the final furlong?
MH or HPS forthe second bulb?
I know Moose would go with the MH "Aesthetics". hey.
My local Hydro Man would go HPS, What about you?

Back
Top Bottom