Kilo's Northern Lights 5x5 1000w Tent Grow

Kilo420

Hi guys, back to start a new journal, no pics yet but will give you the break down of whats happening....

I was hoping to upgrade my system to a larger text and a new ebb and flow setup, but unfortunately my funding fell though, so i'm going with my original setup with a couple addons....

1x 5x5 Secret Jardin tent
1x switchable 1000w Magnetic ballast (MH&HPS)
1x Coolstar Plus air cooled hood
1x 18 site store bought DWC/Drip hybrid table
2x 9 site homemade DWC tubs.
1x 4' Fan and Filter scrubber
1x 4' fan for aircooling the hood

36x feminized Northern Lights seeds

Nutes:
AN Sensi Grow A+B
AN Sensi Bloom A+B

Flower additives From AN:
B52
Bigbud
Overdrive
Voodoo Juice
Bud Candy
Piranha
Final Phase

all 36 seeds germed and have now been put into the systems, i will be veging them for 2-3 weeks, or when the plants average height hits 6-8 inches tall and then flip to flower for 7-9 weeks.

I moved my setup to another location since i had minor heat issues with my last run,the new location has about a 6c lower ambient temp so my heat issues are gone now, so far average temp in my tent is 25c.

I'll follow up with a pic update next Friday, so keep an eye out!

Happy growing
Kilo

First time following a journal from the start!
I'm keen to follow!

I'm also really interesting on the tent idea.

Good luck to you ;)

Thanks for all the interest guys, sorry no pics this update either, was my B day yesterday so i didn't make it to my grow location to take pics. But i will next week for sure, from what my partner tells me we lost 1 plant but the rest are doing fine, they were directly put into the systems as soon as they germmed so i thought this could happen. Next Friday i'll do a thorough update with pics of both tents, i forgot to add in my original setup description that we also have a 4x4 tent used for mother plants and cloning, in there we have 3 Lemon skunks, 4 Mazar and 4 Moroccan Black plants that will be used for mother plants to clone from in the future, obviously none where big enough to get 36 clones from at the time, that's why we used femmed seeds for this grow. Anywho back to bed for me, need to sleep off this nasty hang-over lol

Cheers
Kilo

hi agin mate hope all is going well and cant wait to see what you get out of this grow.

Hey man! good to see ya around again. I was wondering what happened to ya and your grow. So how did ya do with your AK's? I hit my estimate of 3/4 of a P in yield and the smoke was really nice, so i was very happy. :thumb:

This run i partnered up with a friend who has a large basement in his house so i combined my setup with his, now we have a proper 4x4 mom/clone/veg tent along with my 5x5 to flower in, should be a good show this time around. Sucks not having the tent nearby though, already miss looking in on the girls lol

Hey man! good to see ya around again. I was wondering what happened to ya and your grow. So how did ya do with your AK's? I hit my estimate of 3/4 of a P in yield and the smoke was really nice, so i was very happy. :thumb:

This run i partnered up with a friend who has a large basement in his house so i combined my setup with his, now we have a proper 4x4 mom/clone/veg tent along with my 5x5 to flower in, should be a good show this time around. Sucks not having the tent nearby though, already miss looking in on the girls lol

this new grow sounds sweet i wish i had more room so i could get a tent so i could get mother plants.but as for my grow i had probs with my pc thats why took me so long to update it but i got 262 grams out of the 4 plants was really really happy with it and the smoke was great

this new grow sounds sweet i wish i had more room so i could get a tent so i could get mother plants.but as for my grow i had probs with my pc thats why took me so long to update it but i got 262 grams out of the 4 plants was really really happy with it and the smoke was great

Cool, great yield from 4 plants man, nice work! how big where they when you cropped them? Are ya gonna start another grow?

Thank's mate yer i was well happy with the yield they was about 3 and ahalf ft tall.and as for a bew grow im looking at it now think of grow the medi bud plant on then website it says can yield up to 850m2 im gunna go for SOG.what do you think?

Thank's mate yer i was well happy with the yield they was about 3 and ahalf ft tall.and as for a bew grow im looking at it now think of grow the medi bud plant on then website it says can yield up to 850m2 im gunna go for SOG.what do you think?

either SOG(sea of green) or SCROG(screen of green) is a good method, but if you want to keep the # of plants to a minimum scrog is your best bet. It takes longer in veg to train the plants for scrog, but it pays off in the end with yield. Sog is generally faster turn around time but requires a constant flow of new plants into your flower space for it to achieve max results. If you have limited space i'd say scrog is the way you should go. As for the plant, if your going for max yield most 100% indica strains will give the best yield compared to flower time. Personally i stick to older strains since they, for the most part, have been totally stabilized when it comes to their growth patterns and yield. Whats your goal in the end? huge yield? fast turn around? Best smell/taste? High potency? you should consider all these when picking a strain to grow. Also you should remember the estimates for amount per square foot are based on PERFECT growing conditions. So if you have high or low temps, or low or high humidity certain strains will perform better than others depending on your personal grow conditions.

Hey guys Pic update time, they plants have been in veg for 10 days now, they look a little meek since we had just trimmed off most of the fan leaves, next week i'll take some pics b4 and after we trim them so you can see the diff. They are getting 40% recommended amounts of Sensi grow A+B. res PH'd to 5.6

Heres a whole flower tent shot, store bought table is on the left, 2 DWC tubs my friend made are on the right. It was his first time making them so the plant sites are a little close together, but for the most part they will work fine for small plants.
full

Other Flower tent pics...
full

full

full

The 4x4 veg tent, plants need watering. They got watered b4 i left.
full

full

Its looking like we will switch the flower tent to 12/12 in 7 days, the plants will still be small but because of the # of plants for a single 1000w light we need to flower them small. Once i switch to flower i'll include a more thorough break down of nute amounts, ppm and such.

Any comments, questions or suggestions are more than welcome.
Have a great Weekend!
:thumb:

Kilo

damn it whats with the pics now....took me freekn awhile to get used to the original pic system, did they change it? ack i'll try to post the pics in a min in another msg....

hmmm wtf, i'm too drunk to try and figure out the pic prob now, sorry guys, i'll get to fixing this tomorrow when i have a clear head...

i still can't find a way to post the pics i've uploaded...the "how to" thread is for the old layout of the site.... anyone know how to post pics now?

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Amazing grow. Ive been thinking of doing a flood and drain or ebb and flow system and doing a small veg time. (currently using Dwc buckets).
What is the name of the system your using here? I love it! And where can I buy one?

Back
Top Bottom