King syrup for molasses

Bacondoggy

I see many people use Blackstone molasses. Where do you get that and how much is it? King syrup has NO sulphur or shul per dioxide in the which is good. But it has corn syrup in it, is that okay?

Unsulfured Blackstrap molasses is what you want. Any health food store will have it and it should be purer than most commercial stuff.

:peace:

Unsulfured Blackstrap molasses is what you want. Any health food store will have it and it should be purer than most commercial stuff.

That is what I meant. Blackstrap. Stupid spell checker. But I want to know if king syrup is ok. It contains the following: corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup, refiners syrup, water, potassium sorbate (preservative) and citric acid. Are any of these bad for our plants? Will this help with micronutrients and microorganisms? I know blackstrap molasses probably has way more of these, I hear it has more micro/macronutrients then fish emulsion or ewc, which is interesting in and of itself. But since I DONT have the blackstrap molasses, I am asking if I can use this other stuff and if I should put the same amount (like 1-2 tsp per whatever) as the blackstrap or if I should use more or less?

It might work.. the high fructose corn syrup is what scares me most. I get extremely pissed when a business group tells me what my body knows and doesn't so I am a bit bias, but the stuff is hard for anything to process. Plant or animal. If it were me I would avoid it.

:Namaste:

This is a concern for me too. I would be using not too much, and sugar is seen as a food for living organizms. So shouldn't theyou eat the high fructose corn syrup and the plants should be fine???

NO! That stuff sounds like the crap it really is.

Just the HFCS alone is enough to cross it off your list and the potassium sorbate is another big no-no.

HFCS is in so many foods and beverages and is one of the leading causes of the diabetes and obesity that plague our modern societies. It's made through a multi-level chemical process that converts GMO corn starch into a cheap and deadly alternative to sugar. In Canada here it is on food labels as glucose-fructose but is the same nasty thing. If you drink pop stop! Diet pop is even worse as the artificial sweeteners like aspartame and sucralose to name a couple of common ones actually contribute to obesity and diabetes even tho offering lower calories.

Good blackstrap molasses has many things in it and all of them are good for or at least benign to your plants. Organic is better if you like a pure organic grow. It's what is left after sugar cane is processed to make raw sugar. I recently got a 2lb jar of it for $8.50 and I'm sure it's cheaper elsewhere as I live way up in northern Alberta where everything is pricey. You only need about a Tbsp/gallon so a jar should last forever tho we use it in the kitchen too so need a couple jars a year.

Toss that crap if you have it and for sure don't use it on your plants.

That is what I meant. Blackstrap. Stupid spell checker. But I want to know if king syrup is ok. It contains the following: corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup, refiners syrup, water, potassium sorbate (preservative) and citric acid. Are any of these bad for our plants? Will this help with micronutrients and microorganisms? I know blackstrap molasses probably has way more of these, I hear it has more micro/macronutrients then fish emulsion or ewc, which is interesting in and of itself. But since I DONT have the blackstrap molasses, I am asking if I can use this other stuff and if I should put the same amount (like 1-2 tsp per whatever) as the blackstrap or if I should use more or less?

Any difference between the sunsulpherated molasses thats normal and "blackstrap" molasses? Is molasses good just for organic grows, or are there other benefits of it other than fuel for the good bacteria?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Any difference between the sunsulpherated molasses thats normal and "blackstrap" molasses? Is molasses good just for organic grows, or are there other benefits of it other than fuel for the good bacteria?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I honestly don't remember the difference but I know they will all work but the Blackstrip is the best for what we do. It provides calcium and feeds the bacteria in the soil. I use it at almost every watering if I remember

Back
Top Bottom