KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Lumenator 2x Black Widow Grow Journal & Review

The black panel is only half as strong as the other panels there's a thread for that panel and everyone else has there's closer then I do so I don't think its the panel. I'm worried about them turning yellowish at about two weeks I really don't get it. A couple of my bigger plants today have the tips of there leaves curling upwards I'm going to feed them later hopefully there just thirsty. So the slow growth and yellowing is what's bothing me and I can't figure out. they turn yellow before I even give them there first feeling and I tried two different lights at different heights

I believe that what is occurring is your seedlings have exhausted the small supply of nutrients present in the grow medium and are now taking stored nutrients from the older growth to allow new growth. I would begin feeding your seedlings with 1/4 strength nutrients.

So today I feed my plants and I noticed the tips and edges of some of the leaves are brown not yellow but brown and the rest of the leaf looks healthy. I noticed when I poured in there food witch is a gal a plant the leaves I was hitting the water with by mistake are the same leaves that are brown on the edges is it possible the nutes on the leaves could of burnt them a little? I need more perlite I ordered some today my soil is staying wet way to long it would be a week before the top gets dry.

hey king john c.r you using coco coir,the reason i ask ive had some of the same problems as u were having,im using gen hp coco bricks 1 was keeping a low ph 6,which in reality is not high for coco,but some reason if i put them at 6.3/6-5 and water with a bounceback formula like boomerang/or big bloom,i use ff nutes slowly keep the ph in that range they been bouncing back,had to do it with 2 o,g kush,my leaves were yellowing slow growth small leaves and tried things this way,they came back.i no that seems high for coco but been using gh coir foe 5 yrs now thats how its been working out for me,im not even sure y.it worked.:420::thanks::lot-o-toke::welldone::green_heart::nicethread::peace:ss61

hey king john c.r you using coco coir,the reason i ask ive had some of the same problems as u were having,im using gen hp coco bricks 1 was keeping a low ph 6,which in reality is not high for coco,but some reason if i put them at 6.3/6-5 and water with a bounceback formula like boomerang/or big bloom,i use ff nutes slowly keep the ph in that range they been bouncing back,had to do it with 2 o,g kush,my leaves were yellowing slow growth small leaves and tried things this way,they came back.i no that seems high for coco but been using gh coir foe 5 yrs now thats how its been working out for me,im not even sure y.it worked.:420::thanks::lot-o-toke::welldone::green_heart::nicethread::peace:ss61

I use peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and mycorrhizae as my grow medium. You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Seth Lavender or @BigIrishDoode had a coco coir thread that may help you.

Lets Talk Coco! Organics & Salts

Here is my soiless mixture

I use peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and mycorrhizae and bacteria for my plants. I would mix your soiless mixture in a ratio of 60% peat moss, 20% perlite and 20% vermiculite. If you can get Pro-Mix HP you would only need to add 20% vermiculite and mycorrhizae. Vermiculite acts as a catalyst between nutrients and the plants roots as well as retaining moisture.

PRO-MIX_HP_MYCORRHIZAE.jpg

PRO-MIX HP Mycorrhizae - High porosity peat-based growing medium

Pro-Mix HP has 1 species of mycorrhizae added, I add 10 others species of mycorrhizae and more of the strain already contained in Pro-Mix HP. When I transplant my plants to larger size pots I use 1 teaspoon per 1 gallon size pot and 2-3 teaspoons per 3 gallon size pot of additional mycorrhizae granules.

Pro-Mix HP is available at many garden centers and grow stores across North America. You can use the this webpage to find a retailer near you.

Pro-Mix distribution across Canada and the United States

Distributors & Representatives | PRO-MIX

Hey John hope all is good I have a question I feed my plants with a ph of 6.5 and the runoff is 5.9 to 6.1 should I just up the ph next watering to level it off?

I measured the first batch about two weeks ago and the runoff was 6.1 now I checked today and they were 5.9 to 6.1 and my new batch was 6.0 when I checked them today. When I watered them today the ph was exactly 6.5 I calibrated my meter right before I used it plus I have the test kit u add drops to and much the colors

I believe that you may have a nutrient buildup in your grow medium that is affecting the pH. I would flush your medium with at least twice the volume of pH adjusted water as pot size or until your runoff liquid is pH 6.5.

Hey KJC just wondering if you have ever tried growing Texada Timewarp inside?

And a thanks for the Pro-mix point out. it is now my go to choice of mixtures.

Hey KJC just wondering if you have ever tried growing Texada Timewarp inside?

And a thanks for the Pro-mix point out. it is now my go to choice of mixtures.

Texada Timewarp did catch my eye, but I have not grown Texada Timewarp myself yet.

Back
Top Bottom