KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Lumenator 2x Black Widow Grow Journal & Review

I agree I have seen some crazy results I even seen really good results with cheap LEDs there's a 600 page thread on another site with a cheap LED that I follow and those guys are getting great yields and the pannnels start at 180$ for a 3x3 footprint. There actually a sponsor on 420mag

You guys are really missing the point. I am researching brands of LEDS. Lush, just like the rest of them, are making claims to how much their lights are equal to. I am trying to get some facts and research about all the LED brands to make an educated decision. I have seen a few guys pull 1g/w on LED but there are not many who do. To boot, using 540w of Lush LEDs, he only yielded 251g on this grow. Thats pretty low even without training. That is why I am asking questions. Did something go wrong with the grow? Do the Lush LEDs not grow as well as other LEDs? They are quite expensive, on-par with other solutions so Id expect a bit better results.

Like others who have researched, I have found that the yields on LED seem to be a bit down with the occasional grower producing above and beyond HPS. But, there is also a lot of LED grows that lack the information about yield. Seems that people with LED do not like to talk about their yields openly like HPS guys will and I am wondering if its because the average grow(er) are not getting what LEDs are claiming.

Seriously trying to find out information. I am not debating that LED can be successful. JohnC used 3x Lush LED w/ 540w. That is what I am trying to get at here. I am not debating the quality of the weed whatsoever. I know LED can grow great quality with tight buds. That is not what I am debating. I am debating the quality of the Lush LEDs he used. It would seem that less than .5g/watt is a pretty low yield for how much ACTUAL LED wattage he used.

I gotta say I don't grow 4 plants at once so I don't think about grams per watt
and what I mean by that is all at the same week I do use led's myself but its all usually 3 weeks apart
use 500 watts according to what the light sells for but most of these lights are probably under the stated rating
I can usually pull 4-6 dry oz of buds of each plant I usually say I average 4 oz a plant but like I said I had 6 oz plant well slightly over 6
so if I had enough space in my 4x4 to grow 4 plants on the same schedule and you gotta understand something else if the space isn't enough for the plant your not gonna get full potential off it
but figuring even if you average it out at 4 oz dried buds per plant 4 plants under 500 listed watts actual watts may be under I don't use a kilowatt meter and check but that runs about 448 grams under 500 watts pretty damn close to 1g per watt and like I said I had plants go over 6 oz dried buds only it all depends on the strain I can grow plants that would be much smaller without as much yield and that would drop my grams per watt so thinking about it that way there are many factors that would get you to 1g per watt or under 1g per watt
so depends how you look at it what strains you run what kind of yield you get.
I run smaller leds but more so I get better coverage as I have limited height and area if I had more height maybe id use a bigger wattage light cause I would be able to have it higher and get more area coverage.
also plants will tend to grow with what space is available so if one plant is taking up most of the space the other plants wont get as big
its also why I run them on different schedules, so they are at different sizes at different times allowing one to use more space than the others, I do things my way and I feel for the power consumption not having to run cooling fans to cool a hot hid since where im at I don't get freezing temps im in a tropical climate so the temps never really get too cold the electricity cost here is also high so another reason
why I run led's there is reason why you would or would not run led's the quality of the lights from some manufacturers can produce given the right conditions, so if you done all the research all you can do now is decide do you want led's or do you want hid's

You cant assume because you get 4oz per plant that you would yield 16oz just because you went to a 4'x4' space ;/ Lighting dictates the weight much more than room size. I grow in 10 sq ft of area. I have pushed to nearly 20oz in that small area with a 1000w light and I know I can do better.

I understand that people use LED due to heat, power usage, ect. The point I am trying to make is you only save power if you go by what the manufacturer claims. Lush is claiming that 1 light that uses an ACTUAL 180w can compete with a 600w HPS thus saving money by saving energy. You are all saying this is the huge advantage to LED.

Now, I am asking, why was the yield so low in this grow when he used 540w of ACTUAL LED lighting? Supposedly, 3 of these lights should yield what 3x 600w HPS would yield. I can assure you that 3x 600w HPS will yield a LOT more than 251 gr. So where is the value in the light at that point? You are using nearly the same amount of energy. The ONLY argument you have is cooling power now and I can tell you that cooling a 600w HPS vs 540w of LED is going to be pretty close to the same so there wont be much savings even over 5 years.

Just because you choose to run your lights and only grow a small amount does not mean that LED is a bargain or even a good deal. I still pose the question as to where the value is to these Lush LED with the high price tag but minimal growing potential.

Here is the specs on my main LED panels HI-LED panel capable of surpassing the light saturation point of cannabis ~1500umol/sec/m2 at an incredible 1763umol@12", which is about the same as a 1k HPs@12".

This light is capable of this incredible level of intensity by incorporating innovative design with premium components such as top-bin Epistar or Cree diodes, along with high-performance power supplies, drivers, and heat-sinks. It's main advantage is the state of the art secondary cluster lens design that focuses the light into a high-intensity beam that must be experienced to appreciate. All this performance is backed by our limited-lifetime warranty.

Due to it's incredible intensity, this light can operate farther away from the canopy to maximize coverage and penetration. This light is a 260w HI-LED that's equivalent to a 1kHPS. if you were running a 1k HPS in regards to the actual PAR intensity your plants will be receiving, but with a superior spectrum.

This is my main panels I also use cheaper panels that work really well also all I can say is research and read threads and see the results for yourself. I have two big grow rooms I don't use tents and I'm not limited on space so my setup might grow bigger plants then someone with space restrictions. I don't know the specs on johns panels but mine only draw 260w and there strong as hell there's plenty of light penetration through the canopy. Plus your growing experience will dictate your yeild no matter what lights you use. I can't see myself using anything but LED panels and there just getting better and better as time goes on they will be the future. I also use veg spectrum for my veg room and flower spectrum for my flower room. The flower room panels are awesome they come with a red light switch so if you want more stretch you turn it on and they will really stretch if you don't need anymore stretch you flip it off. I still have over a month till I harvest so I don't know for sure what I'll get out of these new panels I have but so far I'm very impressed.

Sounds like an incredible sales pitch right there. Considering you have no posts anywhere else than JohnC's Lush Lighting threads, kinda weird.

Regardless, please point me into the direction of which 260w actual LED panel you are using that will yield as much as a 1000w HPS. A 1000w on an average grow will yield .5g/w without an issue. LED claims to double that figure on average, at 1g/w. While these figures are rough, they can be used as they are on the low end. Your claims of this 260w LED matching up to a 1000w HPS would mean that you are getting nearly 2g/w from it. That is absurd and not happening.

So tell me, whats your largest yield and which strain on your 260w LED that matches up to a 1000w HPS? Please dont respond with the "I only grow a couple plants under it" response as you are the one throwing ridiculous 2g/w claims out there.

I am not trying to discredit LED usage. I believe they are the future, but as of now there is a lot of sketchy information and a lot of sketchy products being pushed without the proper evidence IMO. You have a few spotty QUALITY YIELD grows with LEDs whereas virtually anyone can get a good yield with HPS. Seems weird and the only way to really make a determination is examining all the evidence. That is what I am doing.

I see JohnC has yet to respond to my yield questions yet he has visited this thread. Would appear that he was given a few lights from Lush, they did not perform as expected, but he wont comment so he does not look like an ass to a vendor and potentially ruining his chances for future products being pushed his way.

it seems like all you want to do is argue that hid is better I use no cooling for my led's so how much extra draw does it take another point
to make I don't have to change bulbs every year I been on the same light going on 3 years with no issues
how many bulbs do you change during that time to get the same par
how much electricity does it take to run cooling for your hid's in that time?
maybe electricity is cheap there so it isn't an issue for you but it isn't the case here
if all you want to do is argue how bad led's are then just don't use them
do your own research come to your own conclusions and live with it
if I had enough space with my led's im sure I can do 16 oz off 4 plants at once im very confident I can if I use the right strain
hell if I use the right strains I can come out with 24 oz off 4 plants with my 500 watts and if I had the right area to use id prove it
4 oz is an average off everything even the smaller plants ive grown and they were all strain dependent all of them
ive grown the same strain with about the same size consistently
again if all you want to do is argue that it cant do it then just don't buy it cause it seems like your sold on what you feel
so why keep arguing a point you feel is right be happy stick with your very hot hid's that you need cooling for cause I do not have to cool my lights and I have very nice temps in the mid 70's
im happy with what I have that's all im going to say if you want to stick with hid's good for you everyone has different results with different lights including led's from different manufacturers
ok nuff said have a nice day peace :Namaste:

Well put cronic I couldn't of said it better. LEDs work awesome for me and I'm saving a ton of money with mine and I don't ever have to worry about replacing anything. If you like you hps stick with them I'm not a LED salesman I get anything out of it if you buy any. Like I said before to each there own if you like hps that much and there working for you stick with them. Not everyone likes LEDs and that's fine to but some of us get good results with them and love the reliability of them and not have to worry about all the extra stuff you have to deal with when it comes to hps. If I was you I would stick with hps I don't think LEDs is what your looking for. i just showed you the specs of my panels I wasnt trying to get you to switch over. I wish you the best of luck with whatever you decide and on your future grows. It's 4 in the morning here good night guys

I was an LED sceptic but not any more. I have all my plants at different stages of flower & each plant shares one panel which draws 140w.(each plant is using 70w in a 2'x2' footprint) All my plants harvested have been different strains, using different nutes & different training methods. The lowest yield was from a small clone at 2.5oz, the best was 5.5oz. I'm still tweaking my set up & trialing different nutes so it's impossible to say what I can achieve but if we go on the low end of 3oz per plant (84g) the draw of 70w = 1.2gpw & a more realistic 4oz(112g) per plant gives me 1.6gpw.
Those figures kinda speak for themselves mate, no argument required :)

Yet JohnC still comes and visits without a response. I know LED's work, I have NEVER debated that. All I am trying to get is some information regarding different brand LEDs. Please show me where I have flat denied LED working.

For the 3rd time.... JohnC yielded less than .5g/w which is VERY low, even for a lower yielding strain ESPECIALLY since LED is supposed to yield more than HPS. He still continues to dodge which I assume is fear of losing his free products. All I am saying is either the Lush LED is not going to produce like it claims OR JohnC has no idea what the hell he is doing.

A Lumenator is 180w actual. It costs the same as a PLED which has nearly 100w more actual output. I am trying to determine why its worth the premium? There are many more proven grows from PLED. Again, I am researching different brands of LEDs and ruling them out 1 by 1. I have already ruled out some LED based on grows completed here.

But again, keep responding with useless posts about how LED is superior to HPS and I should just use HPS :/ I plan on upgrading my entire setup to LED this year but I also want to put in the research into finding the best LED I can for the money.

Great job KJC!

iamcyclopseat, First let me say its not nice to attack people. KJC is very respected and is full of knowledge. If he doesn't answer you its for a reason. He helps out all around this community. Please be nice!

with that said, for a short answer there is no LED right now that can match the weight a HPS can produce... Even if you have watt for watt LED vs HPS, HPS will win. For my small grow i use a 600 watt cool tube and run no fans. The temp rise is 2 degrees in winter and 6 degrees in the summer. I purchase a new $20 bulb every 3 grows or 1.5 times a year. For my 440 CFM fan and light i draw 793 watts and a average of $30-$40 a month on electricity. I can pull 600 grams of dry cannabis from this light with one or two plants. I dont really understand why people say a LED is cheaper in electricity as if you are using a 250 watt LED thats what your yield will be MAX. I have saw now grows that produce more than 1 gram per actual draw watt. It doesnt make sense to say its cheaper. In that case i can drop down to a 250 watt HPS and pull 250 grams per grow the same as a LED with the same amount of power other than if you are talking running A/C to keep cool which i dont have to with my small grow.

To each is their own... The upside of LED that i have saw is that it produces much more resinous cannabis. Also you wouldn't have to worry about big 6 inch ducting if running LED.... but that doesn't bother me as i use my lights to heat in the winter.

No disrespect to anyone or any LED growers! We are all on the same team! Do the research and ask questions and make your own choice. You may want to purchase only one LED and try it out before you change your whole grow over to LED. They both have their pros and cons but if you are looking for weight i would go with HPS.

Read through your thread. Great journal I must say. Lots of time taken and done very thorough. Major appreciation!!

That said, you had 540w of actual LED lighting. You netted 251g in the end. Just under .5g per actual watt. I know they "sponsor" you but being objective, what do you think of their lighting or LED in general? I know different strains produce different amounts but for a light claiming to be equivalent to a 600w HPS, it seems to fall very short. You used 3 of them in your grow for nearly 600w actual LED. Id expect a good bit more yield. You had what the manufacturer claims as 3x600w HPS. I know with 1800w of HPS, youd blow away that yield.

If I am way off base though, please correct me. Im just doing a lot of reading about LED and trying to gain as much knowledge as possible.

Anything JohnC? I saw you visited this thread but neglected to comment. I am just asking for honest opinions and facts. I am really trying to understand this LED thing and most of what I have seen and read has been on par with your grow. You have some fantastic plants in this thread, there is no doubt. I am just trying to justify spending $1500 for 3 of these lights that do not produce what 1 600w HPS would produce. Something just does not add up?

I am not trying to start issues as I know you were using "sponsored" lighting, but just looking for the truth about LED and quality products. That seems hard to come by around here. Lush promotes your grow and their product like its the best (and priced that way) but I do not understand the yield with as much as you had.

Thats what I am getting at though. The cost of LED to match a single 1000w HPS in yield is ridiculous. Ive done the math and I believe LED can possibly save you money over a 5 year service time provided the yields are there. This is why I am asking JohnC about this and why he believes his Lush LEDs are worth it if they are not producing.

You guys are really missing the point. I am researching brands of LEDS. Lush, just like the rest of them, are making claims to how much their lights are equal to. I am trying to get some facts and research about all the LED brands to make an educated decision. I have seen a few guys pull 1g/w on LED but there are not many who do. To boot, using 540w of Lush LEDs, he only yielded 251g on this grow. Thats pretty low even without training. That is why I am asking questions. Did something go wrong with the grow? Do the Lush LEDs not grow as well as other LEDs? They are quite expensive, on-par with other solutions so Id expect a bit better results.

Like others who have researched, I have found that the yields on LED seem to be a bit down with the occasional grower producing above and beyond HPS. But, there is also a lot of LED grows that lack the information about yield. Seems that people with LED do not like to talk about their yields openly like HPS guys will and I am wondering if its because the average grow(er) are not getting what LEDs are claiming.

Seriously trying to find out information. I am not debating that LED can be successful. JohnC used 3x Lush LED w/ 540w. That is what I am trying to get at here. I am not debating the quality of the weed whatsoever. I know LED can grow great quality with tight buds. That is not what I am debating. I am debating the quality of the Lush LEDs he used. It would seem that less than .5g/watt is a pretty low yield for how much ACTUAL LED wattage he used.

You cant assume because you get 4oz per plant that you would yield 16oz just because you went to a 4'x4' space ;/ Lighting dictates the weight much more than room size. I grow in 10 sq ft of area. I have pushed to nearly 20oz in that small area with a 1000w light and I know I can do better.

I understand that people use LED due to heat, power usage, ect. The point I am trying to make is you only save power if you go by what the manufacturer claims. Lush is claiming that 1 light that uses an ACTUAL 180w can compete with a 600w HPS thus saving money by saving energy. You are all saying this is the huge advantage to LED.

Now, I am asking, why was the yield so low in this grow when he used 540w of ACTUAL LED lighting? Supposedly, 3 of these lights should yield what 3x 600w HPS would yield. I can assure you that 3x 600w HPS will yield a LOT more than 251 gr. So where is the value in the light at that point? You are using nearly the same amount of energy. The ONLY argument you have is cooling power now and I can tell you that cooling a 600w HPS vs 540w of LED is going to be pretty close to the same so there wont be much savings even over 5 years.

Just because you choose to run your lights and only grow a small amount does not mean that LED is a bargain or even a good deal. I still pose the question as to where the value is to these Lush LED with the high price tag but minimal growing potential.

Sounds like an incredible sales pitch right there. Considering you have no posts anywhere else than JohnC's Lush Lighting threads, kinda weird.

Regardless, please point me into the direction of which 260w actual LED panel you are using that will yield as much as a 1000w HPS. A 1000w on an average grow will yield .5g/w without an issue. LED claims to double that figure on average, at 1g/w. While these figures are rough, they can be used as they are on the low end. Your claims of this 260w LED matching up to a 1000w HPS would mean that you are getting nearly 2g/w from it. That is absurd and not happening.

So tell me, whats your largest yield and which strain on your 260w LED that matches up to a 1000w HPS? Please dont respond with the "I only grow a couple plants under it" response as you are the one throwing ridiculous 2g/w claims out there.

I am not trying to discredit LED usage. I believe they are the future, but as of now there is a lot of sketchy information and a lot of sketchy products being pushed without the proper evidence IMO. You have a few spotty QUALITY YIELD grows with LEDs whereas virtually anyone can get a good yield with HPS. Seems weird and the only way to really make a determination is examining all the evidence. That is what I am doing.

I see JohnC has yet to respond to my yield questions yet he has visited this thread. Would appear that he was given a few lights from Lush, they did not perform as expected, but he wont comment so he does not look like an ass to a vendor and potentially ruining his chances for future products being pushed his way.

Yet JohnC still comes and visits without a response. I know LED's work, I have NEVER debated that. All I am trying to get is some information regarding different brand LEDs. Please show me where I have flat denied LED working.

For the 3rd time.... JohnC yielded less than .5g/w which is VERY low, even for a lower yielding strain ESPECIALLY since LED is supposed to yield more than HPS. He still continues to dodge which I assume is fear of losing his free products. All I am saying is either the Lush LED is not going to produce like it claims OR JohnC has no idea what the hell he is doing.

A Lumenator is 180w actual. It costs the same as a PLED which has nearly 100w more actual output. I am trying to determine why its worth the premium? There are many more proven grows from PLED. Again, I am researching different brands of LEDs and ruling them out 1 by 1. I have already ruled out some LED based on grows completed here.

But again, keep responding with useless posts about how LED is superior to HPS and I should just use HPS :/ I plan on upgrading my entire setup to LED this year but I also want to put in the research into finding the best LED I can for the money.

Welcome to 420 Magazine Iamcyclopseat!

I recently injured my lower back and have had a bad chronic pain period that has prevented me from being as active on 420 Magazine as I would like. My back is now healing and I hope to resume my normal participation levels soon. I normally compose a Review of each product used in my Grow Journal and Reviews and post these and any positive or negative interactions after my harvest once the buds are cured and have been smoked and vaporized to evaluate the medicinal quality of the buds. I have not yet been able to post my full Product Review for each product used in my Grow Journal and Review in as timely manner as usual.

When my ride arrived for a family gathering the other morning I did not have the time to answer your question fully. When I arrived home I noticed I had not sent an email I had composed this morning yet either. You have also replied multiple times to my Grow Journal and Review since I started to compose an answer to your questions. I often check back in a thread as people often ask further questions or go into more detail before i answer to answer questions fully. I am sorry I have not been able to answer you sooner and if you maybe felt ignored. Please do not jump to conclusions when I am not able answer and a timely manner. I have never been encouraged to report anything but my actual experiences with any of the products I use or have mislead anyone about how effective they are. I am sorry for any hurt feelings between 420 Magazine members.

When I first began growing cannabis and was researching all the different types of illumination that are suitable for growing cannabis I was shown a 300x 1 watt LED light panel @ $1200.00 that left me seeing spots after leaving the store but when I researched 1 watt LED light panels at the time 1 watt LED light panels while they may be suitable for vegetable and house plants are not capable of growing cannabis well. In only few years much has changed in what good LED light panels are capable of now producing. After seeing @Kushington Farms results using Lush Lighting LED light panels in his large grow room Finished Plants 100% LED Grown I was very interested in seeing the results of someone using a LED light panel that could grow 4'+ tall cannabis plants.

I try to design my Grow Journal and Reviews so that they are informative as well the results are repeatable for growers.

In my KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review due the unexpected height my plants grew to under the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x I had several large plants that were not being fully covered with enough illumination and due to the 6' high ceiling I was out of further room and added the Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x LED light panels as side lighting to illuminate the top portions of the plants that otherwise were being unlit. The top 2'-3' areas of the buds illuminated by the Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x's as side lighting quickly began growing very well. After my harvest I was able to see that the Lush Lighting LED light panels had really surprised me with the amount of trichomes and density of the buds.

When i designed my KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Lumenator 2x Black Widow Grow Journal & Review I wanted to Review what the Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x LED light panels are capable of by themselves and also instruct people on how to select a mother plant based on selecting favorable genetics to use to take cuttings to root as clones for use in their future perpetual grows. Had I wished to design a Grow Journal and Review to see what the highest gram per watt harvest the Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x's can produce I would have used some of the same genetics I had previously grown under High Pressure Sodium lights and LED light panels to select a strain with very high known yields instead.

I purchased Black Widow regular cannabis seeds from a 420 Magazine sponsor Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE ® and 3/5 were female and all were different phenotypes. Black Widow #2 the smallest and shortest plant produced as high of harvest yield as Black Widow #4 the largest and tallest plant. Black Widow #2 is the plant I cut 5x 6" long cuttings from the branch tops to root as clones due to a low amount of harvest able clone sites lower down left on Back Widow #2 after defoliation reducing the height of most of the tallest branches. I believe that Black Widow #2 may have produce another 15-20 grams had I left the tops of the branches intact and had more available possible branch sites lower on the plant to take cuttings from. Had all 3x Black Widow cannabis plants been from the same mother plant and genetics as Black Widow #2 the yield would have been much higher. The first week in flower Thrips insects were discovered and I began treatment right away during the worst time for any issues to affect the plants growth in flower. Thrips insects can quickly destroy a cannabis garden and can be very difficult to eradicate, I believe that the natural organic pesticide I repeatedly sprayed prematurely withered the pistils and also stunted growth. Due to low humidity in the building when other plants were still flowering the buds dried to a 30% humidity, during curing when the dried cured humidity level of the buds was raised to 62% and the buds harvested weighed 35%-40% more.

The Black Widow plants were grown in a 6' x 3' or 18 square foot area of my Grow Bay #1 using 3x 180 watt Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x LED light panels that have a concentrated 2' x 2' and 3' x 3' coverage area or 540 watts equaling 30 watts per square foot. @Hosebomber in his guide The Basics Of Plant Lighting stated the minimum productive watts for flower is 37 watts per square foot for LED illumination.

I believe that all of these factors reduced potential harvest yield weight.

I believe that the Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x LED light panels worked well to illuminate the 2'x 3' area that each Black Widow grew in and also agree that the Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x have a concentrated 2' x 2' and 3' x 3' coverage area as advertised. The Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x LED light panels also produced a higher amount of trim-able popcorn bud at a farther distance than a 6oo watt High Pressure Sodium light would produce

Now the Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x performed great considering all of these factors but does not provide the same coverage area that a 600 watt High Pressure Sodium light. When these negative factors that reduced potential yield are eliminated and a high known high yielding cannabis strain is selected a higher gram per watt efficiency can be achieved .

The buds from Black Widow #2 grown under the Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x aromatic, flavorful, dense and potent and work well for pain relief. Black Widow #2 will be selected to use as a mother plant to take cuttings from and root as clones for future Black Widow cannabis plants.

When I grow cannabis using High Intensity Discharge Metal Halide and High Pressure Sodium Lights I use Lumatek Digital Dimmable electronic ballasts with high efficiency.

The highest quality cannabis medicine that I grow are the most trichome covered, densest and potent that I have ever grown are now being grown under LED lights.

Please allow me to post my full Product Reviews for each of the products used in my Grow Journal and Review as I am able.

Awesome job John I think it was a good harvest with all things considered I hope those buds help with your back pain. You just have to ignore some people theres always one rude impatient person on every thread. I got 5 females out of 6 on my first run and all the clones came out good I hope this black widow taste as good as you described I can't wait to try it. Thanks to your help everything's working out right now

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom