King's Outdoor RD2 Open Journal

I do know from cold! I grew up in NYC and went to college upstate in one of the least sunny places in the US! Got out at 30 years old.

That's why I live in LA :).

Shed, you left Upstate NY for LA?? Thats ruff. Dood I'm moving TO upstate NY the farther into the woods the better. Maybe in the woods on top of a hill facing east wood be best. I'll be walking uphill both ways in sandles in the snow to get my coffee. It'l be fun.

Words I thought I would never read :). Still, I'll pass if I can!

LA aint bad really some parts of it anyway. Be pretty bitchin IF I was on the rail up the first base line at Dodger Stadium with the sun setting in left field right about now.. that'd be killer. Wont get that in upstate NY.

Yeah I have some really good thermal under garments that are life savers when the Nor'Easters roll in. Its amazing how much nicer they can make 3 hours of shoveling in the face of a blizzard. Man I love the snow! I can't wait for it to start arriving! Yep, I am that guy!

Me too Stank... we get some wopper NorEasters here in Philly and we are due. Having one tomorrow you guys up your way should get some. If it was 2 weeks later weed have some here. It's been cold.

My wife is Russian, she taught me how to dress for winter. Proper clothes are everything. She basically she is wrapped in several layers of wool all winter long and a water/wind proof outer layer when outside. Smartwool ... good stuff.

Shoveling meh, we live on a corner lot with a deeded pass thru back alley.

Just always hope its a light snow. :passitleft:

Love me some smart wool. My brother was a SERE cadre instructor in the Air Force for 15 years or so and knowledgeable on anything survival (think any of those survival shows and thats his experience level x10) and he was the one that really turned me on to top notch cold weather clothes. I can sit in a tree stand out in 10 degree weather for 6 hours and not get the slightest bit cold with the right clothes. Man I used to hate getting stuck in the tree the stand, with good clothes i don't mind it at all.

One last thing to say about smoke report not as fancy as @LopinNSmokin from @Derbybud thread lol but here goes

Alright first start with my afghani kush x Black Domina girl by world of seeds.

I didn’t keep track of days vegged or flower really I went with my experience this far growing as I just was tired to be honest and work load came first as that is my bread and butter first that pays the bills.lol try to anyways lol

On another note back to topic ..

Kush review

Big yielder for sure . Def that classic afghani profile to her in aroma from The nose to the aroma being burned. Very earthy bud . Held good whieght to her buds and outdoor turned out to be fair bit density to her. High was or is to me but head high followed by bit of a body laid back feel. Not couch lock worthy though . This could have been from cutting early as was encountering bud rot and tons of cold rain days ahead. I would like to grow this Indoors . It also loved cloning and took very well as I took three clones and all were successful.
Hats off world of seeds I’m trying team✊

Report number two

Blue dream by hso
This plant stretched very nicely . Grew out mid leafy and very impressed with bag appeal and overall presentation with the buds. The classic blueberry aroma outside and well burned however you can taste the diesel background for Sure. Upon harvest chop time the aromas were so strong from the diesel I literally was catching a headache lol. Smoking got bit of too much black ash and bit rough on bongs as might have dried it out too fast . That being said slow and steady for the win on cure talk about that in a moment .

I’d def recommend this to anyone who loves diesel Strains.
Well done team HSO

Review three

Well It is very early as not curing very long yet but just for shits and giggles tried my reward out this morning of trailer trash betty my first photo plant thanks to @Guy Cavallero and @Jackalope for allowing me this chance .

It was a decent yeilder and held decent whieght to buds once dried.

Bit leafy growing her but again first photo so hard to truly compare as I’m learning still .
Plant can get to crazy growth heights so be warned mine officially hit 7’8” at top two colas . I just ripped a bomg taste im
Not familiar with to be honest to me as a lemon feel maybe I want to say ?
But head high off bat and then relaxing sedation feel takes over . I think with a good cure this smoke can become dangerous I will let you all know in a month or so when I dip in again. @Lowded118 is going to be my back up reviewed as I trust this man and I’ve become blessed to have in my life .

Review 4
Chemdawg autoflower
By we belive possibly seedsman or auto seeds .

This paint well I slow and cured it for fridge for 4 days then took out as was out of smoke and needed to smoke on this fine smelling heavy yielding beautiful plant.

The “high “ is more relaxed not head high veye calming let my good friend try a small nug and he said taste great liek try red Congolese he has before but said it made him fall to sleep. Lol

So mission successful for night meds.

It burns slow in bong nice white ash to her
Best plant to date hands down . It’s truly remarkable give your harvest cure extra love and it will reward you I am
Sold on the low and slow cure method @SweetSue .

Well that truly includes my review on the plants and I hope you had a fun time watching me stress and my break downs and anxiety lol

But thanks for following along my journey here on the magazine .

Diesel from your Blue Dream eh Joe, interesting....not something I hear a lot from that strain. Great reports bud! Cheers. Hope next year is a better outdoor year for you brother.

Diesel from your Blue Dream eh Joe, interesting....not something I hear a lot from that strain. Great reports bud! Cheers. Hope next year is a better outdoor year for you brother.
Yeah I know but I swear this is fuel smell.

I believe you brother! No mistaking that funky fuel smell!
Lol

It’s intense buddy . Now would you say two months cure would reach to full potential for strength aroma change because I am thinking about not touching any of this smoke until the new year and just finding a place here to buy from ?

I know you got a lot of experience so since your hear if you don’t Mind helping me out fella .:passitleft:

Well its interesting. I have had both good and bad experiences with the cure. I had some Jack Herer that was crazy potent and very peppery after chop. She was a crazy mind warp after smoking her. I let her cure for a couple months and she tastes great but she lost that crazy intense mind warp high. I definitely liked it better closer to harvest....but its still some really good and strong weed. It just lost the unique high it had. I used to just sit outside next to my veggie garden with Pandora playing and watch the birds and trees and after smoking it and next thing you know 3 hours is gone. It was a time void.

Then I have had the opposite experience with other strains. I had a blueberry plant that I thought I was out of but then I found a jar that had sit in my safe for 6 months untouched after the dry. Crazy smooth with amazing smells and a great high. Definitely better later. My Stankberry got better smelling and tasting as well.

So my experience is that the tastes and smoothness get better, but the highs can go either way. Luckily I have enough that I can smoke it early if I want or smoke my older stuff and let the new stuff cure. Might be different for different strains. If I had my Jack back, I would smoke most all of it sooner and not save as much. The Blueberry, I wouldn't touch and would let it cure for 3+ months at a minimum.

Wish I could give you a definitive answer but I don't actually have one.....its more of a 'it depends on the strain' answer brother. Hope that helps. Just my opinion off what I have grown and smoke. I will also say this. My tolerance continues to get stronger as I smoke more and longer for the back issues. Takes a bit of hair on the ass just to get my attention anymore. I would love to be able to do a 2-3 day detox and let my system reboot but the pain and sleep don't like that. I am lucky to make it to 2pm before I am puffing away.

Great strain reviews Joe! I don't think I've had anyone smoke my harvests before they're in jars at least a month though.

Shed, you left Upstate NY for LA?? Thats ruff. Dood I'm moving TO upstate NY the farther into the woods the better. Maybe in the woods on top of a hill facing east wood be best. I'll be walking uphill both ways in sandles in the snow to get my coffee. It'l be fun.
Sorry, I left NYC for LA. I was just upstate for 4 years of college. We got serious snow up there all winter. Many mornings I would go out to the parking lot and have no idea which lump of snow was my car. Only the VWs were easily identified :).

Get some spikes for those sandals and you'll be good to go!

Well its interesting. I have had both good and bad experiences with the cure. I had some Jack Herer that was crazy potent and very peppery after chop. She was a crazy mind warp after smoking her. I let her cure for a couple months and she tastes great but she lost that crazy intense mind warp high. I definitely liked it better closer to harvest....but its still some really good and strong weed. It just lost the unique high it had. I used to just sit outside next to my veggie garden with Pandora playing and watch the birds and trees and after smoking it and next thing you know 3 hours is gone. It was a time void.

Then I have had the opposite experience with other strains. I had a blueberry plant that I thought I was out of but then I found a jar that had sit in my safe for 6 months untouched after the dry. Crazy smooth with amazing smells and a great high. Definitely better later. My Stankberry got better smelling and tasting as well.

So my experience is that the tastes and smoothness get better, but the highs can go either way. Luckily I have enough that I can smoke it early if I want or smoke my older stuff and let the new stuff cure. Might be different for different strains. If I had my Jack back, I would smoke most all of it sooner and not save as much. The Blueberry, I wouldn't touch and would let it cure for 3+ months at a minimum.

Wish I could give you a definitive answer but I don't actually have one.....its more of a 'it depends on the strain' answer brother. Hope that helps. Just my opinion off what I have grown and smoke. I will also say this. My tolerance continues to get stronger as I smoke more and longer for the back issues. Takes a bit of hair on the ass just to get my attention anymore. I would love to be able to do a 2-3 day detox and let my system reboot but the pain and sleep don't like that. I am lucky to make it to 2pm before I am puffing away.

here ya brotha thanks for the feedback man greatly appreciate you sharing that info expierence wth me.:Namaste:

Interesting on your results. I was told that Trailer Trash Betty didn't hold its strength very well over time. I never really noticed it tell after I got over 6 months old. Then there was a drop-off. Like you mentioned the high tends to get more body as it gets older. I am sure this happens to lots more strains.

You also came across another lesser known fact. Blueberry last a long time in a jar. From all that I have heard Blueberry is the only well known strain that can be stored a long time. I am sure there are others. G-13 Haze by Barnes Farm is another that I ran across. It continued to get me high a year after it was grown. Not many jars last that long so its not a problem I run into a lot lol. Flavors became more complex but the buzz was the same from day one to year one.

Everyone hears me brag on Grimms C-99. I don't know how long this will store. After going through 2 plants worth of buds the high was the same as it started. I went through around 4 oz of this stuff with no drop off in type of high. This is mostly because of tolerance which is very good with this one.

In some case's it is tolerance that make those strains not as good as they once were. They are still as strong you have just become used to it. Whats really funny is how many strains don't make it to the 6 month cure LMAO.

Interesting you say the Blueberry holds its high! I have some I grew back in 2014 in a can right now. Stashed a few zips for shits and giggles. This one might be worth cobbing I'm thinking.

I'll pull some out and vape a few and report back. Hope I don't get a head ache!
Wish me luck, I'm going in.....

Back
Top Bottom