Kingston's Perpetual Grow & Juice Bar - LED - 11 Strains

Kingston's Perpetual Grow & Juice Bar - LED - 11 Strains

You've always got so much going on! I'm happy all my clones rooted and are all in bigger pots now. One of them went crazy but still trying figure the timing of that all out so I can prep a lot of clones to put in flower tent for a grow. That's probably 20 weeks or so from now. Now I've got another journal to look forward to following from you!

SOG Update - WW

Check out the frost on these salvaged White Widows! I think SOG may be better method for WW than scrog. The 2 that I have in scrog now aren't stretching above the screen. They train well but don't seem to do well with too many colas. But the largest plant in SOG pot may be over an ounce by itself.
20161126_125825.jpg
20161126_125720.jpg

Inside the Tent - the North 40

Uploaded more photos from this weekend.

Let's start with one you haven't seen before, or at least not recently. This is my original BCS, harvested in July, partially reveged but struggling to stay alive, reflowered and pollinated in the open backyard shortly before I started the Love Shack project. She's been steadily dying back for over a month. I harvested at least a dozen seeds from buds that had dried out higher on stem. The seeds on the last branch look like they need a little more ripening.
20161125_190511.jpg
20161125_190545.jpg

Hash Bomb 4 clone and HB6 clone, both pollinated with HB male in the Love Shack. Seed still ripening but not as many as I thought at first. Really looking forward to doing a pheno hunt with the seeds next spring.
20161126_153513.jpg

On to the SOGs. This is Dutch Amnesia Haze with one unknown. About 10 weeks flower. The unknown is ready to harvest, but DAH need another 2 weeks at least I think. I see a few cloudy but mostly clear trichs. Last round of DAH went at least 12 weeks. Buds are fuller, denser and more fragrant that parents. They really seem to prefer less training.
20161126_115251.jpg
20161126_115258.jpg
20161126_123513.jpg

Chernobyls are very close to harvest. I don't see amber but mostly cloudy. These seem to do well no matter how you train them. I'd have kept this strain going except that it's a little low in THC for cancer treatment.
20161126_114234.jpg

And this is HB4, about 105 days in flower. Still mostly clear trichs. Colas are still getting heavier which I hope means denser and not just bulkier. I got rid of the screen which wasn't doing much good and replaced it with stakes. She looks much better standing up straight. Superficial but it makes me feel better about keeping her a little longer. Regardless she has 3 weeks before I absolutely have to have that space for the high brix grow.
20161126_125152.jpg
20161126_125440.jpg

Inside the Tent - South 40

More pics from last weekend. The scrog plants are at 2-4 weeks flower and looking much stronger than last grow at same stage. Plants were better prepared going in, and I've avoided the nutrient problems. Better soil makes life a lot easier for both me and the plants.

First plant to great me when I open tent is this Hash Bomb 2 clone, looking just like her mother with her own screen. Last weekend when photo taken she was 2 weeks in flower.
20161126_115132.jpg

Next is HB2 clones, 4 weeks in flower. Love the stretch. Had to move the light up, hope I don't get foxtailing. Looking forward to see what this plant can really do.
20161126_145930.jpg

HB2 clones 3 weeks in flower.
20161126_151607.jpg

HB8 clones 3 weeks in flower. I call her the indica pheno because she has wider leaves and shorter structure that other HBs. Mother was harvested early last grow. We'll she how indica-ish she looks at harvest this time around.
20161126_130516.jpg

White Widow 2 clones, 3 weeks into flower. I don't see much stretch and only a couple colas rising above screen. I'm losing faith in this line as a keeper and may start over with new seeds next time.
20161126_152505.jpg
20161126_152517.jpg

Black Cherry Soda clones at 3 weeks. I trimmed all the lower growth off. Shoots starting to stretch above screen.
20161126_144517.jpg

Critical (3 weeks) with HB4 (new) to replace 2nd Critical that collapsed from under watering last week. Both plants collapsed,but one revived within a day, not even crinkly leaves. Other plant revived but without any fan leaves. She may be good for seeds. I have one other tray of 2 Criticals that I forgot to photo. They look about same as the 1 below.
20161126_144311.jpg
20161126_142802.jpg

I expected this grow do be doing this well, but part of me is still nervous that something will go wrong any day now. Biggest problems to date: poor nute regimen, poor watering, and mites. The new soil really helps with nutes. I used Grow Big and Big Bloom through veg, now using the Open Sesame/Beastie Blooms/Cha Ching series for flower and occasional cal-mg, plus the top dressings I did with rabbit manure and EWC. Watering is more regular and thorough (Critical above not withstanding). And mites finally seem to be gone. In researching High Brix I learned that earthworm castings contain enzymes that break down exoskeletons. Pests detect these and leave plants alone. As bad as mites were I'm sure part of the solution is the EWC,
:Namaste:

SOG Harvests

I could have pushed them longer but I absolutely need 8 sq.ft. of space in tent for 2 brix girls moving in tomorrow. No amber but mostly cloudy. That may be a better time for me to harvest anyway. I prefer a less stoney high. I've been holding out for amber to maximize the potency. Now that I'm at higher doses of CCO I think I'm feeling the CBN. Other than no amber they look ready.

I could swear I saw a little amber on Chernobyl a while back. I've been thinking "one more week" for three weeks or so. First run was ready in 49 days (probably cut a little early), 2nd run about 60 days. These are at least 70 days in flower.
This is most successful of SOG pots. All four plants stretched and filled in well. Maybe 2 oz total when dry, equal to the output of 1st scrog per sq.ft.
20161202_155701.jpg

I found a little bonus when I harvested. Some of the calyxes looked a little fatter and sure enough I found a seed! I didn't pollinate any of these but they were in the back yard when a Hash Bomb male was flowering. So even though these are the last of my Chernobyl plants their genes will live on in my garden someday.:cheesygrinsmiley:
20161202_155748.jpg

Dutch Amnesia Haze had one good plant and 2 duds. Even though I used better soil when I combined them into one large pot their root balls were still in the crappy soil. The plants that were slightly larger sent out a lot more roots into the new soil that smaller ones that were just filling 1 gal pots when I transplanted. If I try this again as planned SOG that won't be a problem.
20161202_160052.jpg

Bubba Kush started as 3 small plants and finished that way, but the buds bulked up more than I expected.
20161202_160613.jpg

I still have the White Widow SOG to harvest. They were a few weeks behind the others in flowering so they get more time. I still have room for a couple more weeks. They should be ready by then.

Overall I like the potential of this style. With some reconfiguration of the tent I could fit 3 plants per sq.ft. We'll see how much the largest of these yields. I think growing in better soil from the start I could get 1 oz. per plant which would be 3 oz. per sq.ft. while keeping them reasonably short. However that trial will have to wait until my brix grow is finished. I don't like waiting. :Namaste:

Re: Kingston's Perpetual Grow & Juice Bar - LED - 11 Strains

Hash Bomb #4 Update - the Louis Jordan cut

speaking of patience...

I've lost patience with this girl, but yesterday she lured me back in
with a sour smell to go with her sweetness and hint of pine.
Aint that just like a woman... :laughtwo::laughtwo::theband::party:
20161202_154700.jpg
20161202_154642.jpg

Smell was kind of onion-ey a few weeks ago. New smell is amazing, unlike anything else I've grown. Still don't see many trichomes in all those leaves though. She's giving me just enough to keep me coming back and giving her more time. 2 more weeks and I'll need that space. 3 weeks max. I really mean it this time. :Namaste:

Vape Report - HB4

Breeder reports this strain as 15-20% THC/5-10% CBD. With 3:1 ratio I should feel little or no euphoria. That's makes it much harder to evaluate potency. I did feel good body high, tingly all over. I didn't expect this to be a fun high, but actually it's quite a pleasant feeling. More than just a mild high. It's different. I know it has right THC:CBD ratio, and I can tell it has some potency but no idea how much.

I took this sample from HB4 last week (before the sour smell, still slightly onion-ey). All the plants have been very mild flavored. This was strongest smelling, still didn't taste much. Vapor was smooth, no cough. Came on very slowly over an hour. Clear headed body high. If I had to I could work on something productive, like our taxes from last year. Not going to, but I could. Mildly uplifting, I may have a little trouble getting to sleep. This will be great daytime strain.

Overall this strain is what I expected it to be, potentially strong with enough CBD to offset the psychoactivity. I need to get the harvested batches made into oil. Even if my first round wasn't as strong as I expected, I'm sure my current grow with produce the potency I need.

She still drives me nuts! :Namaste:

Re: Kingston's Perpetual Grow & Juice Bar - LED - 11 Strains

Hash Bomb #4 Update - the Louis Jordan cut

speaking of patience...

I've lost patience with this girl, but yesterday she lured me back in
with a sour smell to go with her sweetness and hint of pine.
Aint that just like a woman... :laughtwo::laughtwo::theband::party:

She's giving me just enough to keep me coming back and giving her more time. 2 more weeks and I'll need that space. 3 weeks max. I really mean it this time. :Namaste:
Just like a man:rofl:

But seriously, how dos the trichs look on her?

A lot of clear last time I could get a good look, but it's really hard for me to get a good look with all the leaves. Overall she looks like she's maturing, and I take the smell change as a sign of that too. And there are fewer white pistils.
I'd say she's entered the window for harvest or is very close (I know, I've said that before :laugh2"). I'm comfortable harvesting any time now to three weeks. As usual it'll come down to a judgment call. I just wish I could get a clear signal from her.
You know what line comes next ... :theband: ...

Grudges Update

I should be over this, I know. Apparently I'm still harboring some resentment over my outdoor grow.

Picture of my outdoor grow area this morning.
There's snow in the Pacific NW and still not flowering!
20161205_082124.jpg

Okay, that's a male. So I'm not sure exactly what point I'm trying to make here, but that's the nature of resentment. :Namaste:

Inside the Tent - WW & BCS

Going by strain so I can compare styles.

White Widow SOG, probably week 9. 2 larger plants in this pot are putting on size and weight, smaller 2 probably are also but hard to tell. Didn't count but a lot of cloudy trichs. I expect to go at least another week with these, I have room to go 2 weeks if I need to. Parents went 10 weeks. Fed with FF Cha Ching, Ca-Mg, and Bloom Big which I added back for remainder of this grow.
20161204_143304.jpg
20161204_143334.jpg

White Widow ScrOG, 4 weeks (just confirmed flipped 11/6). Noticing a little more stretch, more colas above screen this week. Compared to last grow they are doing very well, but SOG has raised the bar a little on expectations. I was worried last week. I can't find a pic of SOG at 4 weeks. This week they seem on track with visible buds swelling, and 6 more weeks of bloom. I did a little defol to expose a few more low buds, could use some more if I have time this week. Fed all scrogs with FF Beastie Blooms, Ca-Mg, and Big Bloom.
20161204_143443.jpg
20161204_143518.jpg

Black Cherry Soda, 4 weeks. They got a good trimming underneath and defol last weekend, lots of visible buds swelling this week. Need to adjust screen that got pulled up on one side. I did more even job training these that last grow, but I still see elements of "leaning truck" style from rushing these into tent before they were quite ready. Middle of canopy is low because it's filled by lower branches that just barely reach screen, or did before it got pulled up.
20161204_144538.jpg
20161204_144606.jpg

Criticals got watered/fed in tent because I ran out of time to deep soak them. That was unfortunate because I discovered mites again. Caught them very early this time. I checked every plant as I watered, so I know it's just this one spot of tent so far. I sprayed everything before lights out. Tonight I will start pulling trays out to spray all plants again more thoroughly.

Inside the Tent - Hash Bombs

I've spent a lot of time trying to find the best pheno from this strain considering I only had 5 females from the seed batch. I know I need at least dozens and possibly 100's of seedlings to do a proper pheno hunt. I don't expect any of the 5 to be 'the one'. Every one of the 5 had a distinct feature that made me want to keep it. This time around I'm seeing evidence of some differences that were environmental, Also confirming a few differences, especially between the more indica-ish HB8 and sativa-ish HB2.

HB8 has broader leaves, slightly more compact growth and tighter buds than others again in this grow. Not really indica like but very distinct from others in both veg and flower. I'm hoping that she also finishes faster than others. Last time she was looking about ready at 8 weeks, but ended up having to harvest early so I don't know her actual finish time. Others all went over 10 weeks, and I've said enough about #4 already.
20161204_150118.jpg
20161204_150132.jpg

HB2 tray #1, 5 weeks, was looking sad, thought I'd done it again by waiting a day too long, but she came right back after watering/feeding. All of the HB2s have great stretch. Last grow the mother didn't fill in as I expected. Most likely it was due to mistreatment. She was gnawed on by a rat and lost all her fan leaves from mites and underwatering. This grow I promise not to underwater (from now on) and keep the pests at bay so she can finish strong. Really hoping these buds fill in and don't take as long as last grow.
20161204_151314.jpg
20161204_164138.jpg
20161204_151325.jpg

HB2 tray #2, 4 weeks, with good stretch just 1 week behind.
20161204_145949.jpg

HB2 solo tray, 3 weeks. Continuing to stretch, maybe a little less than others because she's supporting 2x the canopy with same 2 gal size pot.
20161204_143850.jpg

Those are the 2 main phenos I identified. HB4 and HB6 have own distinct traits that will have to live on thru their seeds. Still don't know what HB10 will turn out like, but in veg she was in between the 2 main phenos. Excited to find out. Can't wait to go crazy with all the HB seeds I'll have by then for true pheno hunt!

Junior Scientist at play again

Because I apparently don't have enough little projects going on I thought I'd start another one.

This is Pineapple Kush regular seed, sown 11/29, sprouted 12/4, in 2L clear soda bottle, to be grown 12/12 from seed.
20161204_164642.jpg

I wanted to try growing 12/12. I should have enough room in tent to squeeze this one in. I also wanted to do one of those school science projects in clear cup to watch roots grow. The clear bottle is in a black pot to block light. If it turns out male I don't want the pollen and will just juice it, unless I can think of another experiment to try... :Namaste:

Junior Scientist at play again

unless I can think of another experiment to try... :Namaste:

Mad Scientist at work ;) lol .....if I had the room I would probably have the same problem, too many things going at once lol

Back
Top Bottom