Kinslayer's First Indoor Soil Grow - AK47 & Maui-Waui

Kinslayer17

Taking the plunge and starting a journal. Received Ak47 fem. and Maui-Waui non-fem. from MJSEEDSCANADA. 5 for 5 popped in 36 hours in the paper towels 3 AK and 2 MW. This is my first serious attempt at growing. Advice is always welcome. Currently in a 4x6x8 closet, with TaoTronics 240watt 6 band LED I have one bagseed of unknown origin 7 weeks into veg. Whatever it is, it is strong, Ive made every mistake imaginable and she is still alive. Flipping her to 12/12 tonight to make room. Will be ordering TopLed Grow Light 144x3w Reflector for main lighting on this grow journal. Grow will be in Harvest Superpowered Organic Potting Mix from Lowes, ammended with perlite. Thats all that was available in January in my area, garden centers are 50+ miles away for better soil. Ordered Fox Farms Trio for Soil as my nutes and have a nice American Marine digital PH meter. Still need a throw away digital camera, working on that. Anything else I need to put on my buy list please chime in.

Also, growers familiar with the AK47 or Maui-Waui strains, I would love for you to share some tribal knowledge with me. Thanks for reading, and Happy Growing!

Re: Kinslayer's first indoor soil grow, AK47 and Maui-Waui

So far what you have sounds good. Would like to see the set up.

It is a work in progress...dont have a throw away digital camera, and I'm not taking pics with my phone. Can't wait to visit the liberated State of Colorado, hoping to get out there this summer and do some trail riding. The closet is nothing special, I'm lining the walls with that bubble wrap insulation, have a Taotronics 240w 6 Band LED i bought on a whim before Christmas and before I found there were better cheaper options. Been using it on a random bagseed since Jan. 5, as a learning experience. Also have some Walmart 24" "Grow lights" I used for seedlings and side lighting. Will be ordering TopLed 144x3w Reflector as the main lighting, I'll keep the Taotronics for backup/supplemental light during flower. This is all a learning experience, will be adding 6" carbon filter/fan vented to the attic with added 6" intake into the closet. I'm only using about half the closet and have shelving on the opposite side. I have an American Marine Digital PH meter, half a dozen pool thermometers, and a digital temp and humidity gauge, and couple of fans. A CO2 regulator, but no tank and a bunch of random pots and pruning gear a friend gave me.

Here is my first question....my random bagseed is limping along in Miracle grow Organic soil, with added MG perlite, My tap water is 7.6PH, I PH down to 6.6, and my runoff comes out to 5.6-5.7PH? Normal, good, bad? This poor experiment is showing every possible newbie mistake...used Miracle Grow Liquid All Purpose one time at 5 weeks and got instant nute burn in the tips. Yes, I know MG badddd, but I bought this MG stuff along time ago before I started doing serious reading on 420.

With your water pH at 6.8 Let's say that your runoff comes out at 6.5. How did that happen? The water passed through a more acidic matrix and dropped its pH. You can assume that your true soil pH is a couple tenths of a pH point lower than the runoff in this case- I'd assume about a 6.2. If it comes out HIGHER, just go in the opposite direction. If it came out 7.5, you can assume that you need to drop down from about 6.8.

You want around 6.0-6.5 for a soilless mix, or 6.3-6.8 for soil.

Ok your pH looks like it is dropping 1.0. So if I was you I would not pH it down at all. Just run your 7.6 and see if it comes out at 6.6 . I very rear have to pH down my water. Most soil will do it for you.

Issues, No camera yet....Poor bagseed has yellowing top leaves from the centers outwards. Think I had some lockout issues, flushed completely two nights ago, no improvement. Just received fox Farm Trio for soil, two month old veg. plant in bad health, should I begin with the Fox Farms nutes, or only water this time? Was originally trying to fix a Mg def. with epsolm salts. Trying to hit reset with this poor experiment.

Finally got a 10 year old camera, apparently I need to take up 6 mega-pixel indoor photography as a hobby too
100_00293.JPG

View image in gallery

, needs improvement....testing :)

OK my Journal is now active again, I have a crappy camera, and no XP. Running a poor mans closet grow, I have one random bagseed 6 days in flower, and some sickly AK$& and Maui-Waui in soil. Trying to get better pics, need feeding advice for problems and advice. Everything from PH intake vs runoff, topping, pruning...basically everything. I want to learn. Details so far

LST and incorrectly topped random bagseed in flower 6 days in MG Organic Soil with MG pertilite, has been stressed with every rookie mistake...yet she lives. Have slight nute burn, splotches of brown, and undercurving canoeing of fan leaveslast feed was 3tsp Big Bloom, 2 tsp Tiger Bloom, 1 tsp Cal-mag (chasing MG def?), 1 tsp Molassis...

These are my sickly AK47 and Maui-Waui...tiny...They are over a month old! Slow growth, droopy leaves, yellowing crispy bottom leaves and purple stems (my problem in both soils). Harvest Organic Potting Mix from Lowes with 30% pertlite, foliar feading with Cal-mag and last water feed was 1 tsp Grow Big, 2 Tsp Big Bloom, 1 tsp Cal -Mag. Under 4 Compact CFLs 3:1 6500K/2700K, temps running a little hot at 80 with the closet door closed and one 9 inch fan.

Well i think a Journal on a first attempt at growing was a little too much for me. Since I will not use my home computer and run everything through a Ghost VPN it was just too difficult to update regularly. I finally cut my original experiment plant I began on Christmas 2013, after making every rookie mistake possible. Here are some pics after the final 48 hrs of darkness and after the chop. I also included a couple of shots of my current grow 3 AKs....my 2 Maui-Waui turned out to be boys and were cut :( AC went out last week and temps are creeping into the low 80s now. This was a random bagseed plant, and the bud I quick dried had a very "Goo" flavor, so I'm hoping with a nice cure it will be pleasant smoke.
100_00803.JPG
100_00846.JPG
100_00943.JPG
100_00953.JPG
100_00983.JPG
100_00972.JPG
100_00966.JPG
100_00994.JPG
100_01004.JPG
100_01014.JPG
100_00904.JPG
100_00896.JPG

Looks like you did just fine with your bagseed grow. I'd be happy with that as a first pre-harvest.

Are you left with one AK47 and one Maui wauwi xxx?

_ _ _ _ _

You may have noticed this before, but the best way to get followers and their advice is photos :)

Sorry you have to live in such a backyard country/state that hidden GPS codes in the camera phone and static IP for the computer are a risk.

Subscribed

Thank you, sir. I read the forums everyday, but I rarely sign in or post. I'm sure if the powers that be wished to find me, they could over my sad 3 plants....but they are gonna have to work for it. Right now I have 3 AKs going, but one is a single topped giant that will not bud, one is a tall lanky 6 footer that has wispy, airy buds, and one FIM'd with super tight internode spacing and buds everywhere!? LOL, takes all kinds I guess. The 2 Maui's both turned out to be males and were removed. Next run I will have my environment dialed in, with a new veg tent, and will spend more time training during veg. This is all a learning curve, and one thing I've figured out is everyone has different opinions on what works, the only way to really know is by doing. Thanks for reading, and HAPPY GROWING.

Right now I have 3 AKs going, but one is a single topped giant that will not bud, one is a tall lanky 6 footer that has wispy, airy buds, and one FIM'd with super tight internode spacing and buds everywhere!? LOL, takes all kinds I guess. .

I know which one I would clone and veg!!!

May your buds prosper

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom