Kirkyboi's First Go At Growing Journal

kirkyboi

Hi all

Ok i have delved straight into the growing of my own personal stuff, I started this 2 days ago and after germinating i planted the seeds yesterday and would love comments and advice as i am what you would call a newbie at this, so here goes (by the way i have posted pics below):

Equipment:

1x Secret Jardin DS120 REV II Grow Tent 1.2m (w) x 1.2m (d) x 1.8m (h)
1x Pair of Pro Grip Light Hangers/ Adjusters
1x 22amp Heavy Duty Contactor Timer
1x Ballest 600W Sunmaster Duel spectrum Bulb
1X Euro Reflector
1x Min/Max Hygrometer
1x Prima Klima Carbon Filter
2x 3 Meter length of Flexible Aluminium Ducting
2X 4" TT/FANTRONIXS FANS
1x Desk fan on max setting

Seeds:

4x White Russian
1x Super Queen (the wife wanted that one lol)

I am using normal soil from the garden center that i flushed out for 3 days and on the forth microwaved to get rid of any parasites etc.

As mentioned above i planted these yesterday and 2 have poped up already.

I use plastic cups over the plants for the moment to keep mostuire in (ofcourse with holes ;)

Oh and i also have a cup of water in there again for mostuire

so again i would love to hear any critizicem and advice please.
Thanks
Kirkyboi

15092011273.jpg
15092011275.jpg
15092011276.jpg
15092011277.jpg
15092011278.jpg
15092011279.jpg

thats good xD you journey begins lol ... so what which is which ? i heard alot of good stuff about Russian, & also what type of stain is super queen ?

aslo you should post the temp, and humidity so if see just in case we notice something can check on what you did and how you environment is . aslo are you going to use the grow style scrog(screen of green),sog(sea of green) , or lst(low stress training0?

but other than that congrats on you new born babys lol

Sup kirky my boy..well it's all going shwanky baby....I'm subbed for the ride....the little girls look so cute....goodluck amigo.. :hippy:

thats good xD you journey begins lol ... so what which is which ? i heard alot of good stuff about Russian, & also what type of stain is super queen ?

This is what was qouted where i bought them:

Serious Seeds White Russian Feminized
Sex : Feminized
Type : Mostly indica
Flowering : Photoperiod
Genetics : AK47 x White Widow
Flowering Time : Medium
Outdoor Harvest : middle - end of October
Height : Medium, Tall
THC Level : 22%
Characteristics : Medium height, consistent plants and dense

Royal Queen Seeds Special Queen #1
Sex : Feminized
Type : Indica, Sativa, Indica / Sativa
Flowering : Photoperiod
Genetics : Unknown Hybrid
Flowering Time : Medium
Outdoor Harvest : September
Height : Tall
THC Level : Medium

aslo you should post the temp, and humidity so if see just in case we notice something can check on what you did and how you environment is . aslo are you going to use the grow style scrog(screen of green),sog(sea of green) , or lst(low stress training0?

The temprture fluctates between 80 - 90 F as for the humidty it was dry until i put more water cups in, i am planning on getting a humidifyer for the tent tho.
As for what you mentioned scrog, sog etc i know this will sound dumb but i have no idea what you mean or what it is sorry.

but other than that congrats on you new born babys lol

Thank you so much i feel like ordering them bottles and a new crib each i loooooovvvvvveeeeee them so much LOL

CannaVince: Sup kirky my boy..well it's all going shwanky baby....I'm subbed for the ride....the little girls look so cute....goodluck amigo..

Thanks for praising my little girls might just make you a god parent lol ;)

The temprture fluctates between 80 - 90 F as for the humidty it was dry until i put more water cups in, i am planning on getting a humidifyer for the tent tho.
As for what you mentioned scrog, sog etc i know this will sound dumb but i have no idea what you mean or what it is sorry.

well basically their grow styles to improve your yields.you can read about them. its at the bottom of the pge .

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

aslo sounds like its going to be a good harvest lol :thumb:

Kirky my boy I would recommend you lower your temps ....I've kept my last two grows that warm and it wasn't good... I got hermies due to high temps and a light discrepancy...I'm now running my a/c vent from my bedroom directly Into the walk In closet.....and it's kept my temps alot lower...

i just use the ac in my room. cools my room and bring my temp from 92 to 78-82
lol a/c are very helpful :thumb:

Thanks for the advice all, well i have managed to bring the tempreture down to 85F still a bit high so i am off out to buy a air conditioner to bring it further down.

Av looked at the babies today and 4 look healthy however one looks like its dying its 2 leaves are stuck together and the head is bent and hard as hell so i will moniter it for a little longer if no change i may have to put her out of her misery.

Will take a few pics later to show how they are.
Thanks again all

Nice setup kirky!! excited to hang around for this one!!! about your heat issue....dont invest in different bulbs...stick with the 600w!! just get yourself a vented/air cooled reflector....it will greatly reduce the amount of heat your bulb is throwing off... you could also try running a MH instead of a HPS for veg...you will get better results and the MH will run cooler than the HPS...most people say the opposite but i found its not true...HPS throws of infared spectrum (heat) where a MH bulb throws off much less if any IR heat... the bulb temperature may be hotter on a MH vs a HPS..but ive found that my overall tent temperature was cooler running a MH...

Hope that helps!!

Greeat job so far and excited to follow along..

Thanks for the advice, i have placed the light much higher and only got the temp down about 1F, i even opened the door slightly but that did not do much either, so i think i might have to go with a less intensive bulb.

On a down side one of the white russians that had a bent head just did not survive and the head broke off no worries tho as got 2 more seeds that i can do at a later date.

So as i was mourning for my little girl i decided to germinate 4 more seeds of different types which i will post up later when i pot them including there types.

Again thank you so much for all the help and advice.

Oh forgot to add that twice a day i spray water near the fan and it throws a light mist of water which lightly mists the plants and they seem to enjoy it.

Hi, nice start.

Personaly I never start seedlings under a 600w its too hot and light is too intense. Moving light further away will only lead to ur seedlings stretching too much. careful letting too much moisture getting on leaves as light will burn then as the water acts like a magnifying glass and u can laser burn leaves. Having said that humidty should be high in beginning.

If u have any budget for equipment left, invest in a T5 lightwave as they are cool and are great for starting seedlings off and u can get it real close to seedlings so very little light wastage. And they are way cheaper than a 600w hps/mh to run.

As far as using MH in vegvery few people use them now as the dual spectrum bulbs on the market are high quality these days, so why waste money on 2 bulbs when the difference is marginal.

Good luck on grow.

sorry to double post but this is wracking my brain i have my current bulb 16 inches away from my plants and i put my hand near the plants and it does not feel hot at all, ok i do have a fan running on them at all times but the temprature is around 86F, i am starting to feel like the thermometer is bust and thinking to go get a new one.....its crazy LOL

i just wanted to ask please as i have bought a 250w and 400w bulbs and ballasts, as 600w is far to hot, in your opinion which would be best to use a 250w or 400w in a tent this size?
thanks

so you bought a 250w and a 400w ballast and bulb ?
could of save moving just getting a cool tube or air cooled reflector

Dude...why did you downgrade your bulb and spend all that money...the 600w bulb and ballast as I wrote you earlier are fine....all you need is a air cooled hood or a cool tube...!!! your problem is not that the bulb is too big...the problem is that your bulb is throwing off tons of heat into your tent...if you have nothing extracting the heat, then it raises your tempeture in your tent!! do yourself a favor and get that 600w back in your tent and get a air cooled hood...!!! I don't quite get why you would ask for good advice and then go waste money, kind of sounds unproductive mate!

Yes i did buy a 250w and 400w bulb and ballasts, however have not put them in as still got the 600w running, as for the heat i do have a inline bringing cold air in and a outlet sucking air out of the tent i also have a fan blowing on the bulb but that was not cooling it down, infact i even have had the door part way open and the temp is steady at 84F

All i am trying to do is learn by this and see what works best as for buying equipment, end of the day its always best to have it should i ever need them in the future :)

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom