Kirkyboi's First Go At Growing Journal

Looking nice mate. I dont like to defoliate quite so much as that but there are different opininions on the subject. I just think if something goes wrong it usually ur fan leaves that show first sign of that and u have very few at all there. Def nice for first grow. What is ur feed schedule again?

cheers for the good feeback as for feed schedule its 20 liters of water 50ml each of coco A + B, 10ml rhizotonic and 60ml bloombastic and i do that every 1 - 2 days depending on how wet the soil is.

As for pruning the leaves i did it once before to the plants and it helped the little buds get more light and to be honest i have seen a bigger difference in the size of the buds as the buds are getting the nutes and not the big fan leaves, i have anyhow kept most of the small leaves that seem to double in size every few days, to be honest as i have seven plants most of the bottom buds were not getting any light in the size tent i have.

I have been squeezing the buds (colas) at the top and they are rock hard infact they seem to be bending the stalks with there weight.

I will keep you all updated as in 2 weeks i will be placing them in 1 week flushing and the in complete dark for 1 more week before choping, so fingers crossed.

is it the bionova A+B? its nice stuff that. U are wasting the rhizotonic though. It doesnt work well when mixed with other nutes and U only really need to use it at the start and periodically by itself tokeep the microbes in your media at a decent level. did you use a p/k before starting on the bloombastic. I havent used boombastic personally but from what i understand you dont use it as a boost straight away? I normally use hammerhead followed by top shooter last 3 weeks and always get rock hard buds and nice yield.

If you decide to do another grow try Nirvana wonder woman. Its great for small spaces and yields great with a nice smoke, very easy to trim and can take alot of shit.

Just make sure you dont harvest too early as you'll miss out on the extra weight and strength an extra week or so gives you. Are you harvesting by breeders recommendation or by trichrome development? Breeders tend to say 8weeks (or whatever they state) and many are optimistic with times and that is usually under ideal conditions. I find i almost always go a week or even 2 over what the breeder recommends.

I agree your lower buds will be bigger getting more light, i also trim but i like to leave a few fan leaves just as an indicator of plant health. Better to spot it in ya leaves than ya buds!

Still a fine attempt at a 1st grow. I'd recommend a digital ballast and a cool tube set upin future though, as the digi ballasts are really much more efficint than the magnetic coil type, use less power, dont get too hot and many can be adjusted to different wattages which can come in handy too.

cheers cultivator, as for your questions the A+B is the canna stuff, as for the rhizotonic we have a shop here where i live and they deal mainly with growing this sort of stuff and he provided me with a ffull grow chart created by canna coco so i have just been following that.
As for P/K no i have not used any at all before starting bloombastic.
As for harvesting the guide on the seeds actually recommend harvesting on the 10th week, while i am on the 11th week and i am still going to give it 3 more weeks to give it a bit more humph, also i am in no rush to try it yet lol.
on my next grow which i have already got the seeds i will be doing 5 Green House Great White Shark Feminised Seeds and will definatly be buying a digital ballast and cool tube (hey i have all 4 bulbs ready, 250, 400, 600 and 1000)

Thanks again and please feel free to add anything else as this is my first ever grow and i am just learning, but cant belive how much i have learnt so far, its better than being ever in school lol.

By the way this is the grow plan i was given and what i have been following, its worked so far:

scan00051.jpg

Kirky!! the ladies are looking phenomenal!! great job so far!!! Definitely watch the trichomes for an indicator when to harvest...try to start flushing when you start seeing the trichomes turn milky and depending on how you like your meds, usually most growers pull with 20-50 percent amber trichomes....really its all how you like the feeling of your meds...

thanks icemud and cultivator for your comments, as i mentioned this is my first ever grow so learning thru it has been intensive now here come the part i am either confused about and still dont know what to do so any advice would be great.

I am thinking of keeping them in the same stage for 1 more week and next wendesday start to flush them for a week (should i use just water or water with a little A+B?) then after that place them in complete dark for 1 more week just have the fans running and not watering at all (is that the right way to do it?) then chop them at the bottom stem where they start to come out of the soil and place them hanging upside down from the roof of the tent for one more week with complete dark and no fans etc running (again is that right to do?)

If this was your crop how would you's go about the finishing stages, please i could do with a little help here as a newbie i need a little crash course.

Thanks again
Kirkyboi

now then kirkyboi been speaking to someone today about your questions, they said the besst way to flush is use a flush treatment by plant vitality he swears by it, he also says he would only recomend the very most of 3 days of darkness before harvest. as for cutting there a few ways by the stem or branch by branch just trim any big leaves and hang upside down in dark warm place.:thumb:

Hi mate. I never flush with just water even the final flush. The last week i will give cannazyme first to help flush out excess salts and chemicals. i do this 2/3 times getting progressively weaker. then i will give final flush with sugary water to help fill buds out. The plants will soak up the carbs and make buds nice and juicy. I normally give 36hours darkness then chop. I simply cut each side branch off one at a time triming buds then i make a washing line with fishing wire and tie each stem to the line. I then leave in darkness with a fan blowing gently and making sure area has extraction or ventilation. A dehumideifier will aid in drying and will prevent rot kicking in. Dont store in plastic as this will sweat the bud again and possibly make moulds develop. hope this helps. there are many ways of flushing and harvesting, this is just how i do it mate.

ok friends its time for a update, while all my other girls are still needing another week or so of growing the wifes own plant that she picked (special queen seed) is now ready for flushing and chopping so here she is in her final stages and belive me i cant wait to smoke her, she smells fantastic and is unbelivable sticky, so here are the picks of one of our girls that is ready, its been a long road but one that has been fantastic, i will continue to keep you all updated.

05122011584.jpg
05122011585.jpg
05122011587.jpg
05122011589.jpg
05122011590.jpg
05122011591.jpg
05122011593.jpg
05122011594.jpg

well friends the wifes plant has finally been chopped and is now hanging to dry, she is very upset because that one was her baby but never mind i have 6 more to go thru the same in 2 weeks, so i just want to show you a few pictures and when its full dry i will let you all know the weight we got of it.

So again here are the pics:

07122011604.jpg
07122011606.jpg
07122011605.jpg
07122011607.jpg
07122011608.jpg
07122011609.jpg
07122011610.jpg
07122011611.jpg
07122011612.jpg

well peeps i forgot to keep you update you all, well off my wifes plant once gried we did not get as much as we wanted which we got 5 ounce but any way we have 6 more plants that tommorrow will go into 3 days of dark so later today i will take some pictures of them before they go into there last 3 days of life.

This grow has been a excellent learning curve and i thank everyone for all there help and advice.

Awww about wife being mad about them being cut, that is cute. But the lady looked good at her final call before cutting. Disappointed with 5 ounces? How? I got less than that on my first grow with all my plants combined, I had 4 but were bagseed. I'd say you did a helluva job dude!!!! Cant wait to see the rest of those ladies.

hiya queen well the wife was only happy when she started smoking it lol and yes 5 oz from one plant is good we were just hoping for more (greedy i know lol)

Cultivator, we dried the buds out for 6 days and they were still heavy and dry throughout, i must have done something good during the grow with them (little green finger here ;) )

anyhow i forgot to take pics so once the 6 plants come out of there dark phase i will take pics then.

hiya queen well the wife was only happy when she started smoking it lol and yes 5 oz from one plant is good we were just hoping for more (greedy i know lol)

LOL, I figured that would change her mind. When I harvested my first grow I was anxious but also felt kinda sad. The grow I have going now is doing very well, I just may break down in tears harvest time.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom