Kismet's First Grow Journal - Kismet Goes CooCoo For CoCo

I'm growing in fabric pots with pure coco and put nothing in the bottom of my pots. They drain extremely well and I've been watering them 3x a day and roots are really thick and lush. I would recommend that you raise your pots up so they don't sit in runoff. I use square 4x4 paver stones that are about 2 1/2" thick.

Yes.. I've been having a battle with them and think I finally knocked them out.
Real easy way to get rid of fungus gnats is to water with a 4:1 ratio of water to Hydrogen Peroxide. If you are in soil, I would follow that up the following down with a bit of mykos or great white to ramp the herd back up. But the water and hydrogen Peroxide will get rid of them in one shot. Won't hurt the plant but like I said, reapply the good guys if you are in a medium that supports em.

I'm growing in fabric pots with pure coco and put nothing in the bottom of my pots. They drain extremely well and I've been watering them 3x a day and roots are really thick and lush. I would recommend that you raise your pots up so they don't sit in runoff. I use square 4x4 paver stones that are about 2 1/2" thick.
Yah been poking around the basement think there's a metal rack i can use to elevate the girls a bit off the bottom of the tent. Thanks Troy.

Real easy way to get rid of fungus gnats is to water with a 4:1 ratio of water to Hydrogen Peroxide. If you are in soil, I would follow that up the following down with a bit of mykos or great white to ramp the herd back up. But the water and hydrogen Peroxide will get rid of them in one shot. Won't hurt the plant but like I said, reapply the good guys if you are in a medium that supports em.
I really like the idea of diatomaceous earth for fungus gnats. The idea of them cutting themselves into little pieces pleases me . Lol

Added another light to the veg area as well today. These girls will be added to the flowering tent in a few weeks. Might be time to start some new beans soon !!! I may be overly excited !:ganjamon:

I really like the idea of diatomaceous earth for fungus gnats. The idea of them cutting themselves into little pieces pleases me . Lol

I've tried using it and have not had much success with fungus gnats. Someone was telling me the best solution is Hydrogen Peroxide diluted 1-4 and drench the soil. They claim you can knock them out with one treatment.

I've tried using it and have not had much success with fungus gnats. Someone was telling me the best solution is Hydrogen Peroxide diluted 1-4 and drench the soil. They claim you can knock them out with one treatment.
You can knock the larvae out in one application, but if you have adult flying gnats, they can lay again. I like the BT method, it keeps on giving. Those little f#$%ers starve, and become fertilizer for the plant. Karma.......karma

That was me....think I might have posted that here....though I post in a lot of places so who the heck knows LOL. If you do it, make sure to hit a dose of recharge or Great White or some form of Mykos the following day or two later. The H2O2 can have a negative impact on the herd.

You can knock the larvae out in one application, but if you have adult flying gnats, they can lay again. I like the BT method, it keeps on giving. Those little f#$%ers starve, and become fertilizer for the plant. Karma.......karma
I don't believe i actually have gnats . Think i was high and when i opened the tent saw something going upwards lol . I did see one flying insect 3 weeks ago when the weather changed. But haven't seen any since lol. But did pick up neem oil and organic insecticidal soap just in case. Don't like using any of that stuff before harvest and glad i did'nt at this point.

Get a couple of the yellow stickies and keep them near your soil or medium. Then you will know for sure.....better than suspecting you might have been too high LOL
Oh, he may have been mistaken, but there isn't any situation that is "too high" unless you fall from an aircraft without a parachute.

But that is my opinion..... ;)

Get a couple of the yellow stickies and keep them near your soil or medium. Then you will know for sure.....better than suspecting you might have been too high LOL
Threw some chopped up potatoes on the girls in flowering before i went camping and when i got back there was no larvae on them so i think i am good this round. Just got to be careful this spring when i'm working on the vegetable gardens not to bring anything in.

Back
Top Bottom