Kitsune's Aeroponics Grow Journal Perpetual

greatkitsune

Alright I have grow journals else where but decided to give this community a chance and throw up my grow journal here as well. Hoping to get some information from the community and help some people along the way. Advice is always welcome in this thread just no trolling please =D

OK on to the setup!

Grow Space -

Grow room/box is 3'X5'X6.5'. I made it out of reclaimed wood from pallets and plywood. It is very sturdy with a door and the walls are all painted a matte white.

Second growing area is a "Grow Chamber" For this I took a flat bottomed 55 gallon trash can. I sanded the walls of the can and painted them matte white. I have a hoop in the lid that lets me raise or lower the lighting for the chamber.

(Looking into adding either a bank of 3 Tower PC grow chambers, or might just get some totes and make 2-3 chambers out of those.)

Lighting -

Main grow room I am using dual 24" 4 fixture T5 with mixed spectrum. Each light hangs over a seperate aeroponics setup. I can raise each light seperately and keep them inches from the tops of the plants. (I would use HID but the old wiring in the house prevents me.) I also have 2 CFL reflector lights on long cords that I move all around the grow room. When the canopy blocks the main light I put the CFL lights from underneith to get more light to those popcorn buds. Use 2 46 watt CFL for the spot lighting.

Grow Chamber lighting uses a single reflector with 46 watt CFL. Eventually I would like to get a 24" 2-4 fixture T5 in the chamber.

Growing Method -

DIY Aeroponics system. Main pump in each system is either 600 gph or 660 gph pumps. These are fed into the PVC skeleton of my system. I am using EZ Cloner 360 sprayers with about 12-15 per system. In the feet on my system that supports the Aero system I drilled holes under the water line that point in directions to create an under current in the nute solution. I also have an air pump hooked up with a 14" air stone in the nute solution. 5" net pots with hydroton and I use rock wool cubes when germing seeds.

I am using the Technflora line of nutes.

Exhaust -

440 cfm Centrifugal fan with 6" ducting. I use a fan controller to power down the fan as I am mostly using it for odor control instead of heat control. Also included is the giant carbon scrubber.

Cloning Method -

Using an aeroponics cloner. 15 site DIY, similar to my main setup but without the under current and no bubbles. I am using a Willow tree tea as a rooting hormone. You let it sit in the Willow tea over night and then I am going to pour some of the tea into the resevoir of the aero cloner.

Growing Plans -

Grow out single crop and pick the best phenotype, take clones of the best pheno. Take the clones into the growing chamber where I let them root. Once main grow is done and the clones are ready I take them over into the main grow room. Leave 2 extras per strain in the grow chamber. One of the clones I treat with a Colloidal Spray mix to force into hermy like the pros do and pollinate the second clone that I took making feminized seeds for that strain.

Seeds will be genetic clones of your favorite pheno. Back log your faves and make mixes.

Currently I am in the 3rd week of flower for my first ever grow. I haven't so much as cracked a seed before this grow. Everyone on my other forum said I was insane going aeroponics on my first grow. I had some problems mostly with the original system I built. Then when I made this current Aero system and the plants went nuts for it! I started a bunch of AK47 seeds but had a few die out, and after I was done with finding the males and removing them I have 3 AK 47 plants left. Not bad but I got the seeds from a friend so I couldn't control the genetics by getting a better breeder.. When I was growing I did a bunch of germing experiments to see best ways to germ. I saved 4 of those plants for the grow too.. Buds are just now starting to form from the pistols and are looking nice. I just in the past couple days started the next phase of the grow. Friends on the other board sent me some seeds in the mail. I germed 1 OG Kush, 1 Chemdawg, 2 Blackwater, and 4 C99. To my amazement within 3 days of originally germing them they are not only in rock wool already but have sprouted and are already working on the next leaf set. Plan is to put the germed seeds and rock wool with some hydroton in the aero cloner, and the clones and let them all veg in the chamber for around a month or so to the harvest of the current grow. Will add some nutes in a couple weeks after the clones have rooted.

Enough of the talk lets get to some of the pictures.

17_21.jpg

A Look at the whole room.
17_8.jpg

Current Bud shot
17_7.jpg

Current Bud shot
17_9.jpg

Current Bud shot
17_51.jpg

Current Bud shot
17_41.jpg

Current Bud shot
17_31.jpg

Current Bud shot

Next is the new generation.. Might only be a few days old but look at the progress for yourself.

0_Seeds.jpg

New seeds after 20 hours of germ. All popped, Chemdawg and Blackwater long enough tap root to transplant into rock wool.
0_First.jpg

48 hours later and I have all sprouts! Not very lively yet or green but they are healthy.
0_wow.jpg

4 hours after last shot next leaf sets are already coming in.

You can see the water dish I have sitting in the grow chamber to keep the humidity high for the seedlings. 42 watt CFL is on them... Is getting a little warm I may dial back the power and use a 26 watt CFL to lower the heat.

0_Box_Side.jpg

Outside of Growroom, can see where I put it together. I used Silicon caulking between the slats and have Plywood on the top, back, and door.

0_box_hidden.jpg

This is what we did to hide the grow room. The book cases in front of it conceil it. If anyone ever asks what it is we just say it is a closet. We have storage on top of the grow room making it blend more in with the room like it is susposed to be there. Is a little messy here but was moving everything around a lot.

0_Box_Inside.jpg

Here is the inside of the grow room with the old lighting. It used to be 4 fixture 24" T5 and 4 48" T12 lights. Wasn't gettign enough out of the T12 so I cut them out and put the T5s over each of the setups. They were all on the lightbar which was heavy and a pain in the ass to raise and lower.

0_fan.jpg

Fan and Carbon Scrubber

0_new_8.jpg

Skeleton of Aero system in the totes.

0_new_6.jpg

Leg shot of the system. The hole in the cap is how it makes the undercurrent moving the oxygen around.

0_new_aero3.jpg

Sprayers in the aero system

0_new_aero2.jpg

Can see the bubbles and the under current carrying it around.

0_cloner1.jpg

Aero Cloner spray.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom