Kiwihigh's Tropical Adventure - Sativa Bag Seed - LED - Indoor & Outdoor Guerilla

kiwihigh

:welcome:

Hello to all and welcome to my latest adventure,
I usually do not record or post my gardening endeavors but i figured it would be a good way to remember dates and look back on photos to gauge growth rates as My short term memory is somewhat dubious...

I have just recently moved to the wet tropics and want to make the most of the climate here and plan on a small cabinet grow, and a few pots outside guerrilla style.

So without further ado lets see what we have here :

pic_116.jpg

about 30 bag seeds from some Sativa Bush-weed i got given for free, I kept the seeds in hope that i could replicate the extremely euphoric happy high i got from this bag, it wasn't the best quality by a long shot so i thought i could do a better job and get some really nice buds out of it.

I have no equipment at all as I am only moving into my new apartment in a few days but i plan on using the mars reflector 96 in a small grow box, I planned on getting a 2' x 2' x 5' tent as well but it may not fit into my apartment (which is tiny) hopefully it does, but otherwise once my lease is up in 6 months I'm moving to an actual house where i can get a big ol tent and make do with a custom wooden box in the meantime.

Due to the lack of any equipment i was not going to pop any beans until i got into my place...
until when I was eagerly inspecting my beans ( I was reading an article on sexing seeds...) I dropped one into a big bottle of water and thought f*ck it ill pop this one don't want it germinating in the bag or something crazy like that.

I soaked the bean for a few hours once it was in my drink bottle then paper towel method from there.
i grabbed some dirt from the garden and put it in a milkshake cup once germinated. I was waiting a long time for any action from my little bean and figured my garden soil was way too dense and muddy for that little lady to poke through, which was the case as when i excavated her she was growing in all funky directions.

All is well now and shes up and looking good :

Pic_216.jpg

Till next time

:Namaste:

So Iv been putting the seedling out in the sun when its not raining and under a CFL when it is, Left it in the gutter yesterday on the roof and the tin roof must of reflected a lot of heat onto the cup because it melted the cups edge and i think may have burnt one of the seed leaves,

Its true leaves are coming along nice. It looks like i wont be moving into my house for another two weeks so i guess a single CFL and occasional sunlight will have to do for now. Once I'm in though I'm pretty excited to Get the Mars Reflector, i have seen some good results with Mars LED

I have been researching what strain it might be and it looks like it might be an old sativa strain with south east Asian or origin somewhere, we will see how it looks when it gets older, but i might be in for a long season if it has Thai genetics.

The guy i got the bag from which had the seeds says it might be a strain called old mother sativa, Old Mother Sativa is a pure sativa. It said on the Big Book of Buds that it may have south east Asian roots. It was popular with the Australian hippys back in the day and it sounds a lot like the high i experienced from the weed i found the seeds in

But here she is, a pure sativa sounds fantastic so fingers crossed

WP_20160102_09_14_32_Pro.jpg

Found a description of the possible genetics...: From what I smoked, and where the weed came from it sounds like it could be true... So fingers crossed, id love a pure sativa, they are such a nice smoke. Although i don't have any experience with pure Sativa, i lok forward to the challenge of taming some monsters!! :ganjamon:

Old Mother Sativa is a very hardy plant, able to withstand severe drought and spring back when water is provided by the grower or mother nature. It also shows resistance to frost in the flowering phase. Selectively bred to be a humongous outdoor plant, Old Mother Sativa strain is well acclimatized to the Australian climate, at 30 degrees latitude S and low elevation.

Suspected to have Southeast Asian roots, this plant was popular among hippies of Australia in the heyday, especially around the Hunter Valley region where it thrived in the 1960s. Old Mother Sativa has a long growing season, and gives best results under full sun, planted in well-drained soil. The root system for this plant tends to be wide and shallow rather than deep, making hilltops and sandy soils along riverbanks super locations for planting. She can reach heights of 15 feet if given a long growing season over Australia’s summer. In a short season, over winter, with less sunshine and warmth, she may remain at a foot tall and produce only about an ounce per plant.

As growth continues its getting more and more sativa characteristics, the first set of true leaves were 3 fingered, most seedlings iv had pop a single true leaf first, not three!
WP_20160106_21_59_48_Pro.jpg

the second set are 5 fingered ! and the third set of leaves are just coming through now will be interesting how many fingers come out :grinjoint:
WP_20160109_10_06_56_Pro.jpg

heres a picture of the 5 fingered leaf, only the second set!
WP_20160109_10_07_28_Pro.jpg

hopefully ill have an indoor rig in a week then ill take clones of the early girl (fingers crossed) otherwise pop more beans then clone some girls and put a bunch in the great outdoors sneaky like

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom