Knats

Dada254

420 Member
Please help what is going on here is this caused by knats I clean my grow checked for pest very well and only seen a few knats also on my stick traps also

image.jpg

A5FCDCC8-A583-434C-A0DF-3F7D9CF83247.jpeg

Hey 254,

Welcome to forums at 420!

Sprays like Spinosad, Neem Oil, Safer Soap, read the labels - follow guidelines.

Amendments such as Diatomaceous Earth, Neem Cake meal mixed into top layer of soil, then dusted with sulfur dust.

Beneficial insects hypoaspsis miles predator mites and nematodes.

Fan moving air across the top of the soil.

Fungus gnats like wet soil, they rally the troops throw an orgy and lay eggs in your soil. Can you switch to bottom watering?

Please help what is going on here is this caused by knats I clean my grow checked for pest very well and only seen a few knats also on my stick traps also

image.jpg

A5FCDCC8-A583-434C-A0DF-3F7D9CF83247.jpeg
Hey 254,

Welcome to forums at 420!

Sprays like Spinosad, Neem Oil, Safer Soap, read the labels - follow guidelines.

Amendments such as Diatomaceous Earth, Neem Cake meal mixed into top layer of soil, then dusted with sulfur dust.

Beneficial insects hypoaspsis miles predator mites and nematodes.

Fan moving air across the top of the soil.

Fungus gnats like wet soil, they rally the troops throw an orgy and lay eggs in your soil. Can you switch to bottom watering?
No I can’t switch to bottom watering but I did order nematodes I’ve also have yellow sticky traps as well I’ve also let the soil dry out for a few days but that did not seem to work I also have a fan underneath the plants both right and left of my grow tent and one fan facing down above the grow lights

Could be deficiency on the browned up leaf. Need more info... plus whole plant pics.

What kind of soil? How often do you water? Are you using nutes? Do you give cal-mag? Are you adjusting ph? To what value?

As you are aware you’ve got critters for sure chewing on the foliage like that. SNS is a sponsor and they have good OMRI listed sprays and root drenches.... for every critter you see there’s another dozen you don’t see

Have you checked for mites or mite eggs? Snip a leaf or two and scope the underside with jewelers loupe or mini microscope. The fan moving air across top of soil helps - if they can‘t land then they can’t lay eggs, sometimes they will live the bottom of the container.

more troop will join later hopefully.

gnats didn't cause the holes, and i'm not positive what the read is on that leaf without the context of the rest of the plant. both have me concerned.

a flush with h202 will go after the gnat larvae. the sticky traps are a good idea. they aren't great fliers so the fans should mess them up too. i've never done DE but know guys who swear by it. perlite is supposed to do something similar, i don't recommend it. i still got gnats with perlite, but it wrecked their wings and they were easier to kill off as a result.

a hotshot works great if you are careful with exposure, and use it in tandem with another treatment. it's not an option if there are people in the same space 24/7. a limited approach works if the grow space is isolated from the main living area. i use hotshots for up to 12 hrs a day when i am away at work. it's death from above. they can't escape.

i'd recommend a two or three treatment approach, alternating between them. it takes two to three wks to break the cycle and get rid of them.

Back
Top Bottom