Knifemaker's High Brix Apprenticeship

If it's one plant you're watering, and if it's in a 7 gallon pot.....only use a gallon of water. Half in the saucer, half slowly down the top.

I suggest using 15 mils of GI in that gallon, with about 5 drops of Tea. The plant should go crazy.
You dont water to runoff then? The 2 gal of plain RO water I gave her just over a week ago just barely dribbled out the drain holes.
Also I don't have it in a saucer its on risers to keep it up off the floor, the riser is sitting on a shallow tray to catch any runoff...

You dont water to runoff then? The 2 gal of plain RO water I gave her just over a week ago just barely dribbled out the drain holes.
Also I don't have it in a saucer its on risers to keep it up off the floor, the riser is sitting on a shallow tray to catch any runoff...

Runoff=leeching. I try not to do it unless there's a big problem.

one gallon poured SLOWLY down the top is the way. 2 gallons will drown the roots.

Hey Knife! I popped 2 more blueberry autos so have 4 total, 3bb 1 diesel.

Do you top? I topped my 2 older ones.

I want to grow 1 as a house plant in a window adding light as needed. Wondering if you can help me with questions about lighting for autos. Should lights on time remain the same throughout the grow? Guessing yes. Maybe I should have the light on a timer to go on at 5am then off soon after sun rise? Then maybe have it on just before dusk for an hour or two? During the dark hours will it need to stay completely dark or will some light not be that big of a deal?

Thanks!

:passitleft:

Hey Knife! I popped 2 more blueberry autos so have 4 total, 3bb 1 diesel.

Do you top? I topped my 2 older ones.

I want to grow 1 as a house plant in a window adding light as needed. Wondering if you can help me with questions about lighting for autos. Should lights on time remain the same throughout the grow? Guessing yes. Maybe I should have the light on a timer to go on at 5am then off soon after sun rise? Then maybe have it on just before dusk for an hour or two? During the dark hours will it need to stay completely dark or will some light not be that big of a deal?

Thanks!

I have topped in the past but find I get better results with LST still trying to figure out how I can do my LST while the plant is still in the starter pot as I prefer to have lst well under way before she starts to flower.
As for light, the longer you can have them under light the better off they will be. I currently have mine on a 18-6 schedule but have been thinking about going 20-4 some guys just go 24-0 but from what I read they do like a bit of a rest period.
I've never been overly carefull about light leaks with my plants. When the room my tent is in is dark and the lights are on in the tent with the doornclosed it looks like a starry sky with all the pin holes and I have had to open the tent during lights out before. Haven't had an issue yet.....

Heavy Chevy day 58, starting to get fat, and really frosting up nice.
20200109_193202.jpg
20200109_193209.jpg
20200109_193252.jpg
20200109_193223.jpg

We were ready for a drink yesterday so she got 1gal Ro water.

Looking beautiful Knife! :yummy:

Approximately how many more days. Just curious because I'm new to autos. My Blueberry is on day 30, started flowering about a week ago shortly after topping and seems stunted, pistils are growing but the plant isn't. My Diesel popped a few days later, topped on same day is growing really well and no signs of pistils yet. Both are very healthy, good color and posture.

So that BB will probably not yield much, correct?

evenin' Ween, Knife...my limited experience with auto's, is no less than 10 weeks start to finish...I had a Malawi Gold go 13 plus...I find yields smaller with auto's, but I've only let them go au natural...there's peeps that get a # on site here...can't remember their secrets tho'...cheerz... :high-five:... h00k...:hookah:

Looking beautiful Knife! :yummy:

Approximately how many more days. Just curious because I'm new to autos. My Blueberry is on day 30, started flowering about a week ago shortly after topping and seems stunted, pistils are growing but the plant isn't. My Diesel popped a few days later, topped on same day is growing really well and no signs of pistils yet. Both are very healthy, good color and posture.

So that BB will probably not yield much, correct?

I've had one that was ready by day 70 and one that almost went to day 120. Ive only topped one and it did ok but my best yeilds have come from just doing LST.

Since you only gave it RO last time, it would be good to use Brix foliar in a day or two.....keep it humming right along.

Looks great! Do you believe that auto's can be grown in the kit now?

She's ready for another drink already tonight. Planning on a transplant drench

As for believing that autos can be grown in the kit, I'll reserve judgment untill I've had more successes than failures..... I believe that this particular plant is doing ok altho stunted

Heavy Chevy auto day 66
Still doing pretty good but getting some discoloration on the fan leaves. Doesnt look the same as the blotchy, crispy whatever that my last 3 developed tho.
Pot was light enough so she got a gallon of ro water with tea.
20200118_204643.jpg
20200118_204649.jpg
20200118_204701.jpg
20200118_204656.jpg
20200115_212237.jpg
20200115_212251.jpg

Howdy KM and Gang. Pretty plant ya got there Knife. Wtg guys. I can’t wait to try a auto in the Kit.

@ Ween I agree with Knife most autos will benefit the most with just LST or Bowl training. I’ve grown a dozen or so and this was my experience.

Topping can work well and autos can grow big it’s hit and miss. Had small little 18-22inch tall plants that didn’t get any topping or training. And I’ve had 50inch ones that were topped and LST’d some that yielded well. I think it’s just the genetic variables.

I liked running all my autos on 18/6. Tried 20/4 and it didn’t do anything more for my plants. Actually iirc they were slower to grow. I believe they liked the 6hrs darkness. Small sample size though. 2 years and about 12 plants.

I’d say the kit can grow autos just fine if not very well. Have a nice day fellas :ganjamon:

Heavy Chevy auto day 66
Still doing pretty good but getting some discoloration on the fan leaves. Doesnt look the same as the blotchy, crispy whatever that my last 3 developed tho.
Pot was light enough so she got a gallon of ro water with tea.
20200118_204643.jpg
20200118_204649.jpg
20200118_204701.jpg
20200118_204656.jpg
20200115_212237.jpg
20200115_212251.jpg

where are you getting this RO with Tea idea? I never do that. I usually add 1/4 strength Transplant, but never just Tea.

Tea won't increase soil energy like the drenches do. When first learning, it's best to try to follow the directions.

When first learning, it's best to try to follow the directions.

Maybe if there actually were a set of directions that worked a guy could follow them.....
I tried following the driections that came with the kit and you've said not to follow those.
When Duggan started trying to help he told me to give tea with every watering.

Looking pretty great on here knife! :thumb:

where are you getting this RO with Tea idea? I never do that. I usually add 1/4 strength Transplant, but never just Tea.

Tea won't increase soil energy like the drenches do. When first learning, it's best to try to follow the directions.

Hiya Doc, there’s actually no mention in the basic directions about adding TP to the water between drenches (Not last i looked anyway - maybe its been a while). I picked that bit of info up through reading the Q&A and other places. I think I’ve also seen it written as a “some growers like to...” kind of thing, but it was never something I got from the basic guide. Just FYI.

Back
Top Bottom