Kodiak Kid's Second Outdoor Grow - Out of Africa - Strawberry Hybrid - Eirdbei

Thanks guys. All is good. I, too, am hoping for all girls, but I'll be pleased with 40%. I had hoped to be pleased with 30% but had a little more mortality and lack of germination than I had planned. Weather is great and they are growing. Will post a few more pics. The Strawberry hybrids were started later, but are showing some vigor now. They'll be put in their final location soon.

Wow, I see that 8 days ago the largest Out of Africa baby was 15 inches tall. Today she just shy of 30." Middle of my thigh, closer to my hip than knee. Pictures tomorrow. Sugar Plum is majorly impressive ready to put in her final place. The ground I think. Wish I had more that one of her. But the seeds they gave out last summer sucked. I got several, only one popped. Not a good PR move. All of the babys are green and growing fast in this fantastic high 70's sunny weather. Can't believe I don't have any problems right now. That will be later.

Let's not wish problems on ourselves KK. :laughtwo: Lets instead try something along the lines of "How great that things are moving along so smoothly. Let's keep it like that." Yes, that sounds more like it. Lol!

Intention and expectation. They work together. You've already demonstrated the capability to get a grow to harvest, despite great challenge, and were pleased with the results. You got this. :high-five:

Yes, SS. There are no problems in the garden right now. I'm proud of these girls at this point. All green and really growing. The one you liked when it was just liille has really burst forth. Both strains are hybrids, and it is fun to see how different they can be one to the next. The first photo is that vigorious one today at 2 feet tall and almost that much wide. In the second photo she is on the lower right. That was from exactly one month ago.

IMG_0013281.JPG

IMG_0022209.JPG

All the plants are green and growing nicely. No problem in the garden so far. All are green and growing well. But had to pull another male. 1 girl 3 gone so far. Getting nervous now Too damn late to start a couple more, or not? Need 3 of 6 at this point. I've read males show a couple weeks earlier than females. Is that true. Should that give me hope?

True. Males usually show first.
You could start more plants still. They won't get huge but anything is better than nothing. Hopefully you have a quick-flowering strain available.

O.K. friends, time for an update. Things are looking up on the gender front. At one point after getting one girl, I pulled 5 straight males. Then boom, two more girls. Just need one more. Feeling confident about that. So here are some shots of the three Out of Africa. They were started first. One is a girl, the other two undetermined.

Here's the girl. She's about 4 1/2 feet tall and nearly 3 feet across.
IMG_0066-001.JPG

Here's the second one. She has displays more of an indica habit. Larger leaves, busier, not as tall. Just shy of 4' tall and that much across
IMG_0068-001.JPG

Number 3: pretty much the same size as number 1
IMG_0062-002.JPG

They look good to me. I've been feeding them only lightly with Pure Blend Prow Grow. No other supplements. Should I be supplementing with anything else right now.? I will follow up with a post on the others shortly.

:bravo:
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Thanks guys for the input. I appreciate it that was my inclination. Do no harm. I've even just fed them lightly. This is just my second year growing cannabis, but decades of growing food crops. No schedules. I've always done about four things. Constantly try to improve my soil organically, but not obsessively. Feed when they seem to need it with a light hand. Plenty of water when they are thirsty. And protect them from being eaten. Oh and keep the weeds away in a lazy fashion. I'm SO GLAD all my plants are in the ground. I didn't have room for all I started, but all 4 that went into the containers were boys. That is a good thing, I guess. I don't like growing in containers. The ground is so forgiving.

Here are three more, The first two are Strawberry hybrids. The third is Sugar Plum from Stony Girl Gardens. They were all started more than two weeks after the others. They are much smaller, about 2-2.5 feet tall, but green and happy. The first was almost decimated by slugs one night right after transplant. They ate the top right out of her. The Strawberry hybrids are both girls. The Sugar plum hasn't showed yet.

IMG_0081-001.JPG

IMG_008062.JPG

IMG_0077-001.JPG

They look very good. Don't overfeed, cause you're gonna feel it later in your smoke. From my experience the worst are bat guano an bloodmeal.

O.K. My last update was 12 days ago.Let's talk about the three Out of Africa plants. As you may recall. One showed it was a girl very early. They were seedlings 8 weeks ago at the time of my first
post. They have all three grown about 2 feet these last 12 days. Two are about 6 1/2 feet tall. The shorter broader one is approaching 6 feet. The other two have still not shown their gender, but my gut tells me they will be girls. I'm starting to get a little impatient... Is this "usual?" Pics to follow. All look gorgeous and happy. Every time I think it will be a calyx, it is just more leaves popping in.

Major Pita, looking back you said on June 25, it would likely be about 5 weeks to reveal sex. So I guess I'm in there, still. Still waiting on the two big Out of Africas to show and the Sugar Plum. Got one Out of Africa and one Strawberry hybrid in full preflower. And one Strawberry hybrid just starting to flower. She's the smallest of the bunch. The one that was set back by slugs. Would like her to grow some.

Back
Top Bottom