Kodiak Kid's Second Outdoor Grow - Out of Africa - Strawberry Hybrid - Eirdbei

Here are the two I'm still waiting on. Both Out of Africa. The first is fastly approaching 7 feet The other, with more of an Indica habit, is working on 6 ft. but very broad.

Out of Africa about 6.5 ft. tall.

IMG_029049.JPG

Out of Africa, closing on 6'.

IMG_029141.JPG

And finally the last two, Strawberry hybrids. The first is starting to flower. Again, about 3 weeks behind the start time of the big ones. But her top was eaten by a slug early on and set back. But she has started to flower. I want her to grow some more. She's pushing 4 feet.
The second is in preflower, but just hasn't shown the vigor I'd like. Leggy and slower to grow. 4.5 feet. Don't mind her droopy leaves, she's going to sleep.

IMG_0295-001.JPG

IMG_0293-001.JPG

IMG_0292-001.JPG

:thumb: That's quite a variation: from no sex at all to small bud already. Mine are all still adding pistils but no budlettes yet.

The other one is a female.

1st = male
2nd = female, almost certainly

Hi All. Lets fast forwary 3 weeks from my last post. At that time we had 3 confirmed Girls. Two unconfirmed, an Out of Africa and the Sugar Plume. We also had plant #2 from above, which we all thought was a Girl. Turns out it was clearly not. Balls turned out all at once. No, not a hermie. A clear male. And then for crying out loud the last two unkonwns were males too. So I was was left with 3 girls out of 12 of my initial seedlings. But we are working with it. It will be fine.

So we have three girls. In this post I will post pictures of one and then the other two in the next posts. But to summarize, One is Out of Africa, she's about 8 feet tall. The first one to show. And the last one to flower. She's in preflower near to flowering. The other two are the Strawberry Hybrids (F9) Wow are they different. Some will remember the slug eaten baby. She's flowering intensely. The other is a tall skinny girl just bushing up after she started flowering about 2 weeks ago. But let's talk about the stunted girl.

The pictures are below. She was "topped" early by the slugs. She has four main branches with already hard sticky buds. She's been flowering about a month. She's reputed to have hard tight buds, and that is what is developing. She is extremely sticky and has a great intense aroma. The four "colas" have about 18 in. each from the top down in tight bud formation. Please tell me what you think. Oh, she's about only 5 feet tall.

IMG_0085-001.JPG

IMG_0080-001.JPG

IMG_0079-001.JPG

IMG_0082-001.JPG

Yeah I agree for beginner growers fems are better suited. Regular ones are better, but rather for the experienced grower, who can handle more plants better.

Hey Con, Brightlight, Weasel, thanks for looking and for the input. Sorry for the delay in responding, but I came down with a bad case of food poisoning. Fine now, finally. I have rookie questions. I don't understand why I would/should want males. I thought I was supposed to chop the males at first recognition so they would not pollinate the girls. Please help me out here. I chose these strains from a local breeder as they were bred right here specifically for outdoors. No fems available.

Here's Strawberry hybrid #2. She grew leggy and sparse at the beginning. That is until she started to flower in earnest about 3 weeks ago. A switch turned on and she's been cranking out buds at a rapid pace. She's about 2-3 weeks behind #1, but will produce more buds in the end. No problems at all that I can tell. Feeding her lightly with FF Big Bloom and Roots Organics HPK (0-5-4). I'm going need to add support for her branches before they get too heavy.

IMG_0141-001.JPG

IMG_014051.JPG

IMG_0121-002.JPG

IMG_0122-001.JPG

IMG_014244.JPG

I don't have an image of the main cola as I didn't take out the stepladder. She's a little over 7 feet tall. She seems very happy.

And just for a review. The strawberry hybrids are from a local producer, Oregon Green Seeds. The hybrid is in F9. The local guy has had her for two generations and has bread for more rot resistance and increased potency. He has only grown her outside. Here's what it is: Erdbeer/Pupurea Ticinensis X (Jack Herer/Citral(kush)/Black Domina/Swiss Miss). Right now these smell awesome from about 12 feet away.

Back
Top Bottom