Koncept's DWC - Top LED 1200W Holy Grail Kush - Blzbud - Cotton Candy - First Grow

Yo koncept,the pondy smell comes out of the root zone?
More oxygen is needed by the roots
If temps are staying above 68F and the ice bottle trick just won't cut it

Have you added h2o2 till the leaves burn?
h2o2 can be used daily if needed for that extra Oxygen boost.

I have found that Scrog growing should be done in a system with a control bucket
I have also stopped scrubbing and cleaning he buckets weekly/biweekly
:peace:

Yo koncept,the pondy smell comes out of the root zone?
More oxygen is needed by the roots
If temps are staying above 68F and the ice bottle trick just won't cut it

Have you added h2o2 till the leaves burn?
h2o2 can be used daily if needed for that extra Oxygen boost.

I have found that Scrog growing should be done in a system with a control bucket
I have also stopped scrubbing and cleaning he buckets weekly/biweekly

To be honest lurch I never would have had a scrog if I had found your journal before I started!
You NEED a control head if scroging howni have done it, or individual scrog per bucket method.

I'm using ice packs now and they are doing the job, I have them in rotation but one large ice pack in the bucket works until the next day so I'm happy with that.
Yeah the HGK has too many roots and that's where the smell is coming from.

I didn't know h202 could be used everyday, I will add some more when the lights come on.

Your journal was great for learning what to do next time.

Just got my RO fixed so I'm gonna rinse the roots a couple times and go from there.

If my update doesn't come today it will be tomorrow and it will be LONG!

Keep it green guys

Just wondering do your buckets sit on the floor or are they raised ?
and what size are the blue tubes ?

They sit on the floor in pot saucers...should I have raised them?
What are these blue tubes you speak of?
My tubing for my air stones are 13mm (0.5")

Lil update,
The cooling packs seems to be doing quite well and I no longer have hot water!
Next issue is bringing down the humidity but I'm a brassic Brit (poor Englishman) at the minute and cannot afford one so it is what it is I guess.

My RO unit is working again so tonight I will be flushing the roots with h202 ph 'd water and I'm hoping this will do the trick to sorting out that lingering pond smell because some of the buds smell lovely...while others....not so lovely haha.

Pictures will be taken again after lights on in 6 hours and I think I shall do my update today.

Keep it green guys

In a few of your pics there is a 1/2"-3/4" blue hose running up the side,

One of my first grows was 6 of a similar style bucket ,half way through flower I ran in to most the same issues
the blue tube/hose came out the bottom and was supposed to be for checking water level and such I called it a rinse and spit hose,

Here are a few pics of my first and constant fall back system DIY RDWC and first scrog, I remember these as if harvest was just a week ago

grow_00229.JPG
grow_00716.JPG
8x8x8_0057.JPG

In a few of your pics there is a 1/2"-3/4" blue hose running up the side,

One of my first grows was 6 of a similar style bucket ,half way through flower I ran in to most the same issues
the blue tube/hose came out the bottom and was supposed to be for checking water level and such I called it a rinse and spit hose,

Here are a few pics of my first and constant fall back system DIY RDWC and first scrog, I remember these as if harvest was just a week ago

grow_00229.JPG
grow_00716.JPG
8x8x8_0057.JPG

That's a great set up, I defo wish I had an RDWC set up right now.

The blue tubes are level checkers and drain pipes (if above what your drainin into) I use a hand pump to drain the water.

The tubing is 13mm (diameter of inner tube ) that's 0.5" I believe.

Update on how they doing today in a few hours.

How did you manage it and what was the problem in the end?

the first thing was raise the buckets
next an extra bucket and a hose connector
the e-bucket needs to sit lower than the bottom of the z bucket (root zone bucket)
connect the hoses
gravity powered drain and fill
only for the completion of that grow
I believe the problem was not enough air in the water

That's just excellent, I may just do that for my next cycle..actually I'm gonna go have a look and see if I could set it up now.
Thanks for your help and input buddy, has been a result help.
Gonna check out the babies now and give roots a clean.

Will actually look for bigger dwc pots next time haha

yo dude hows things man gimmy an upd8

Yo it's alright, well I say alright , the pond smell is still there just not as strong. The cotton candy and the BLZBUD smell a bit better but still not that potent smell that I'm after.
Still using h202 daily and the frozen bottles have gotten the temps in Rez down enough.
Humidity still in the 50s.

The smell from the buds is concerning me but there is not much else I can do .

I can't wait for this to be over so I can adjust certain aspects.
Only like 3 weeks left though so that's good.

Then I'm gonna make bubble buckets that are bigger so I got more root space!

How your girls doing?

Yeah it wasn't much help for my current situation because it all involves removing plant from area.
There was a bit off slime on the HGK roots that wouldn't wash off but I'm not sure what else I can do.
PH is going up again which is a good sign because pH drop I g is not a sign of a healthy system.
The smell is not getting worst and I guess that's the most import thing.
If it still smells after it just needs a solid cure!

New air stone arrived, gonna add a bit more bubbles to the HGK seeing as the roots as suffocating the massive air stone that is already in there!

Will add more info after lights on once I see what's what. Looking at dehumidifiers in Gumtree (English Craigs list) so I should be able to get one on the cheap!

Green days guys!

i think ur triplantinol works... Of the clones i took from u the 2 that are growin at the proper rate(the blz and the hgk) both are just a straight stem with leaves. No side growth has started to grow outward yet. They are still untopped but i still normally get side branches from most clones i take. These plants still look very similar to how seedlings grow. Tall and straight with small side nodes growing...

Wat day u on now? How much longer till i should take clones for ya?

i think ur triplantinol works... Of the clones i took from u the 2 that are growin at the proper rate(the blz and the hgk) both are just a straight stem with leaves. No side growth has started to grow outward yet. They are still untopped but i still normally get side branches from most clones i take. These plants still look very similar to how seedlings grow. Tall and straight with small side nodes growing...

Wat day u on now? How much longer till i should take clones for ya?

I'm in week 6 day 3....so another 18 days at most according to the seed banks.
I will need a week or so to dry the buds in there, I don't wanna use the grow to to dry but I don't have anywhere else it could go.
Then a few days to get it ready for the next one, remove scrog, install dehumidifier somewhere (I'm thinking high on the wall near ceiling)
So the PGH worked!!! Excellent hahaha.

So in answer to your question, about a month till I'm ready for the next batch, need to buy and make my new grow buckets, wanna give the fans and light a rest before the next one too.

Mrs making a whole bunch of veg food today for her frond, you should come over

mr zilla is here and says its good food!

ok the update that was promised.

pond smell is still there, its not as strong but its still there. humidity gets up to around 60% but i have now given up trying to lower that for this current grow...it is what it is.

like i said, there are going to be a fair few pictures uploaded so be warned...here is the progress of my girls over the last 5 days.

these next few are from day 40

OVERVIEW DAY 40
overview_1212_day_40.JPG

cotton candy day 40
cotton_candy_1212_day_40.JPG

hgk dayb40

HGK_1212_day_40.JPG

hgk close up
HGKCLOSSE_1212_day_40.JPG

hgk close up
HGKCLOSE_1212_day_40.JPG

blzbud close up
BLZBUD2_1212_day_40.JPG

these next few are from day 42

overview day 41
OVERVVIEW_12_12_DAY_41.JPG

hgk close up day 41
HHGKCLOSE_12_12_DAY_41.JPG

hgk top
HGKTOP_12_12_DAY_41.JPG

cotton candy
COTTONCANDY2_12_12_DAY_41.JPG

blz bud
BLZBUD_12_12_DAY_41.JPG

these next few are from day 42

top shot
TTOPSHOT_12_12_DAY_42.JPG

overview
OVERVIEW_12_12_DAY_42.JPG

hgl close up
HHGK_CLOSE_UP_12_12_DAY_42.JPG

hgk top cola
HGKCOLA_12_12_DAY_42.JPG

hgk structure
HGKSTURCTURE_12_12_DAY_42.JPG

hgk
HGK_12_12_DAY_42.JPG

cotton candy
COTTONCANDY_12_12_DAY_42.JPG

blz cola
BLZCOLA_12_12_DAY_42.JPG

blz bud top
BLZBUDTOP_12_12_DAY_42.JPG

these next shots are from day 43

topshot

TOPSHOT_12_12_DAY_43.JPG

overview

OOVERVIEW_12_12_DAY_43.JPG

hgk close up
HHGKCLOSE_12_12_DAY_43.JPG

hgk close up
HGKCLOSE_12_12_DAY_43.JPG

cotton candy

COTTONCANDY_12_12_DAY_43.JPG

blz cola
BLZCOLA_12_12_DAY_43.JPG

blzbud

BLZBUD_12_12_DAY_43.JPG

this next set is my final set and they were taken this afternoon

topshot
TOPSHOT1_12_12_DAY_45.JPG

overview

OVERVIEW_12_12_DAY_45.JPG

hgk top

HGKTOP_12_12_DAY_45.JPG

cotton candy

COTTONCANDYC_12_12_DAY_45.JPG

cotton candy close up
COTTONCANDYYCLOSE_12_12_DAY_45.JPG

hgk close up

HGK1CLOSEUP_12_12_DAY_45.JPG

cotton candy
CCOTTONCANDY_12_12_DAY_45.JPG

blzbud

BLZBUDTOP_12_12_DAY_45.JPG

thats it guys, i did warn ya it would be a long post!

well thats my progress so far, i think im gonna have to push it the full 9 weeks, buds are smelling better but there is a really weird smell on them unlike anything i have ever smelt.
even mr zilla is a bit confused by the smell and he has years of exp with plants in flower .

overall though i am happy, i have buds and tch, i cant see any mold or bugs and so far apart from the smell i cant complain.

green days guys :circle-of-love:

yo dude i think u should watch the first 5 mins of this episode of the weed nerd.
its the best practice for gettin clones in.
and im grownin in soil i might have bugs that arnt showin themselves...

thanks man!

Back
Top Bottom