Konk's 1st Grow: ON Canada

Konks Dirt Empire

Quarantine crop June 4th, 2020

Ordered Lemon Sapphire seeds from ocs, tap roots exposed and planted into Jiffy peat.
20200806_135743.jpg

June 24~ replanted all into promix HP, removing mesh and burried leggy stems. Moved outdoors July 27th.

July 8 ~ day 34 Attempted Fim on 1, 3, 4 and topped 2

July 16~ begin lst, July 20 tied all down, broke a chunk off of Random, so I root juiced it and stuck it in a solo cup, "5.5"

Just started a few notes to add pics to, to be continued...

Seems I'm not as slick as inserting pics...

This is before transplanting to fabric bags so about a weeks ago, say 8 weeks from seed.

20200806_143008.jpg
20200728_113350.jpg
This is the soil mix used 1 bag of cattle manure, some top soil, a few buckets of the HP Pro Mix and sifted compost material.

:welcome: Sounds like good seeds, I am using promix hp and really like it. Hopefully they work well for you outdoor in that region I needed a greenhouse heater when I tried in order to keep them alive until maturity :rofl: was expensive

Those ladies look killer good job.

Thank you , it is great to hear they look killer!
I had started with top soil and rebooted the leggy lot into the pro mix. Perhaps it was seedling hiccups but they certainly seem to be moving at a nice clip since...hopefully I won't need to invest in any heaters our electric here is killer. I have heard from a couple of regional growers who think they might make it.

Thank you , it is great to hear they look killer!
I had started with top soil and rebooted the leggy lot into the pro mix. Perhaps it was seedling hiccups but they certainly seem to be moving at a nice clip since...hopefully I won't need to invest in any heaters our electric here is killer. I have heard from a couple of regional growers who think they might make it.
With all the helpful suggestions that come out of this site I would not be too worried, you went with promix for better draining then?

Yes, you called it. I started them with topsoil I had on hand and no special lighting. Couple weeks in and I was lurking here, then off I went for some soil.
20200623_152654.jpg
20200624_084839.jpg

It was bad but I found a post where someone mentioned removing the mesh on the jiffy peat when transplanting.

20200624_093614.jpg

They all picked up once in the Promix but the topsoil, container choice, mesh and poor drainage were valuable lessons.
The information here has been wonderful!

Watered with ProMix premium organic-based multi-purpose garden fertilizer 20-8-8. Just finished tying them all down.

Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Watered with ProMix premium organic-based multi-purpose garden fertilizer 20-8-8. Just finished tying them all down.

Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!
You are well on your way. They all look great. You sure this is your first grow? lol.

Busy yesterday and never got handsy with the crop. Spent today under a tarp while it rained and got busy...the moon app said not to, but I switched up some stuff the other day after finding this gem and I was mostly extra gentle while spinning the girls around.
How I perform LST, low stress training, on my plants: lots of pics!
I had the fabric bags on crushed stone but moved them onto blocks for air flow and bam dry today. Also tried to make sure tops or mains were low.
SO much more info, gonna head back to drop my pics in there one day soon.

Here is this afternoon

Edit~ I don't know the proper etiquette and wanted to note the above link related to LST is created by @InTheShed

And this is #5, Random, I'm watching it while a friend is on vacation...it's just a random bag seed that grew. It is planted in last years Miracle Grow moisture control soil and I've been a bit more aggressive with her.
Last week I accidentally folded her stem and strapped her to a brace. It's not completely healed but it looks better.
Today I added some more soil and a 1/2 tablespoon of the Promix flower boost 3-7-3. My friend said to sock it to her.

You are well on your way. They all look great. You sure this is your first grow? lol.
Someone brought a clone home last spring and it grew into a Christmas tree. I hadn't been consulted and stayed out of the maintenance. This year no clones were mentioned so I decided to order some seeds and ended up here. I should have called this journal "two steps forward and one step back". There is just so much you can try and so much help once you try too much!

Someone brought a clone home last spring and it grew into a Christmas tree. I hadn't been consulted and stayed out of the maintenance. This year no clones were mentioned so I decided to order some seeds and ended up here. I should have called this journal "two steps forward and one step back". There is just so much you can try and so much help once you try too much!
Brother your screwed now. Once this growing gets in your blood...life as you once knew it...is over..lol

Too hot today! Had bent baby rand over yesterday & this morning she was on the bend.

This rock above is solely moral support, I realize that...

I see some nice new growth since re-rigged them last on Sunday

#5.5, Baby Rand is looking a bit abused. I am going to call this one a super crop experiment... always learning, right

I see some nice new growth since re-rigged them last on Sunday

#5.5, Baby Rand is looking a bit abused. I am going to call this one a super crop experiment... always learning, right
Looking good. They love the stress and bounce back fast.

Back
Top Bottom