Konk's 1st Grow: ON Canada

:ciao: Morning Konk! Hope you are feeling okay today and the weather cooperates with you. You rocked that harvest yesterday! :goodluck:
:circle-of-love: You are a fabulous cheerleader Boo! :cheer:
It is slow motion transfering, shifting and sliding these around. And pushing yesterday's buckets...blah lol
Question: how long can I stall between cut/trim & wash?
If I take cut and trim two plants worth before my meeting at 11 can they wait an hour or 2 in a pile before I wash it all at once?Seems reasonable if they're dry.
Oh, and ziplocs are not an equivalent to turkey bags, I am to stay the paper route?

Clarification would be appreciated!

:cheesygrinsmiley: I would ask others chime in on this since my big ladies were chopped over a 3 day period. I trimmed them on the plant and then went back and cut colas individually. Might be something to consider for this morning if the weather cooperates. I think they might get a little wilty being cut and sitting for a few hours. I use paper bags in the fridge and open them a couple of times a day to check the humidity. I'm a newbie though. Others? Chime in!

Sure will be fine to cut now and process later today, just don‘t leave them out in the sun. Apologies didn’t see this earlier....
Just finished my meeting, great timing 013! :thanks:

Great job girlfriend!

(apart from the screw torture. I have seen it done before in here, but I don’t like it lolll)

Hey I was today years old when I worked out ON Canada was Ontario Canada and not on Canada as in on Canadian soil.

Oh, and ziplocs are not an equivalent to turkey bags, I am to stay the paper route?
The turkey bags are for curing. The paper bags are for drying. Once the buds have dried there is no harm in using ziplock bags. The purpose of the turkey bag is to make burping easy when you have lots of bud, and you can fill it with air when the RH isn't quite low enough, like a balloon.
I take mine out of the paper bag when they reach around 68% RH. I let the buds sit in the bag, full of air. I burp it once or twice a day, filling with new fresh air. If the RH goes higher than 70% in the turkey bags you need to go back to the paper bags for another day and try again.
Once I get to 62% I remove all the air and roll the turkey bag tight and toss it in a sealed 5gal pail.
Keeping a hygrometer in the turkey bag helps.

Don't dry the buds in ziplock bags.

Bet it smells nice
I am usually the canary of the group, but honestly these are rank, af, like b.o! Mr. Empire says they smell like weed, but just hung they're ripe! :oops:

It's great to see ya start hauling some in. The bud rot sucks but you'll end up with a load of stanky bud. You rocked this grow.
:thanks:

Nice job Konk! :cheer:Go! Go! Go!
You are in my head, lady! Sincerely, appreciate the motivational bud rot tale. Oh, I did listen to those war pigs covers and found this one and love it!

Great job girlfriend!

(apart from the screw torture. I have seen it done before in here, but I don’t like it lolll)

Hey I was today years old when I worked out ON Canada was Ontario Canada and not on Canada as in on Canadian soil.
:high-five: Thanks, Aussie bff! I followed that, you know ;)

The turkey bags are for curing. The paper bags are for drying. Once the buds have dried there is no harm in using ziplock bags. The purpose of the turkey bag is to make burping easy when you have lots of bud, and you can fill it with air when the RH isn't quite low enough, like a balloon.
I take mine out of the paper bag when they reach around 68% RH. I let the buds sit in the bag, full of air. I burp it once or twice a day, filling with new fresh air. If the RH goes higher than 70% in the turkey bags you need to go back to the paper bags for another day and try again.
Once I get to 62% I remove all the air and roll the turkey bag tight and toss it in a sealed 5gal pail.
Keeping a hygrometer in the turkey bag helps.

Don't dry the buds in ziplock bags.
^ Awesome, thanks MrS! I couldn't find jars and grabbed ziplocs to have on hand. Knew I had seen the turkey bags in the mix. Just what I was after, thank you!

Sad to see all of the Canadian outdoor crops coming to an end..
.. but on the other hand, nice harvest!
Looks like you will be rewarded nicely for all of your hardwork :thumb:
:welcome: to the dirt empire, bcarpenter24! Yup, keep an eagle eye on your "let 'em ride" girls! :goodluck:

You are welcome my friend, glad I could help in any way. That War Pig cover is awesome! :love:
You have just about been "on call" for me this week, more help than I probably realize! :cheer: I am very grateful, my friend!

Alright, everything washed has been trimmed and in some kind of bag. The bagseed #5 & 5.5 dropped down to 50% rh really fast, so I have ignored it and set my sites on the bag ladies to dry more carefully.
Plant #5 & 5.5 gave back 4 seeds.

Plant #1 in the screen weighed in wet at 128g, plant #2 weighed in at 300g and gave back 3 seeds... I will set photos of how the plants were trained, but already I see a massive difference that is without shake the plant gave more than twice the screen set up. Interesting...

So did everything hermie when I see less than 5 seeds per plant? Or $hit happens?

I covered these two or 4 remaining for today and will get to them tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom