Kpunx' - High Brix - Chocolope - Critical Kush - Indoor

Leaves look no big deal to me. Watch ph on the drain water.. I would move Chocolope plants much closer to the light they love it. Ck closer too but it can't take as much light as choco.
They are both extremely tight spacing.
I also recommend FIM techniques and HST. Check out my newest journal to see. Just added more Pics :cool:

Thanks for the tips, Ottawa! I wasn't sure what temp the canopy would be at when these pics were snapped, I was surprised that they stay nice and cool! I moved the lights down closer, and I will level out my canopy in the morning. I'm gonna check out your journal now :)

Well, I got ambitious and reorganized my room so that I have a more level canopy. I also did some learning about FIMing, and decided to give it a try. Since I transplanted earlier today, three of my plants are a little droopy, so I will let them get happy again before I pinch them, but CK #4 wasn't sad, so I gave her a pinch at the top, which is the 7th node if I'm understanding that correctly. Well see how that works out. I'm also more curious about defoliation now, as my girls are pretty leafy, aside for the one chocolope. Two of them are labeled Chocolope, though one doesn't look like it, and I suppose it's entirely possible it's CK, and I'm a dumbass that put the wrong seed in the wrong row or something.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Just switched to bloom today at 11/13 :) Didn't mean to leave folks feeling I abandoned the journal, it's just been in veg, and reading other journals led me to believe people are more interested in bud shots!

Recently, I learned how to take some clones. I took several of both chocolope and Critical Kush. The chocolopes were rooted in soil, while the criticals were in rapid rooters. Interestingly, I had 100% success with the critical, and 0% success with the chocolope. Therefore, I took more clones off the chocolope and rooted them in rapid rooters.

Things have been going alright. The One chocolope that managed to root of the 9 seeds I purchased is certainly tall and finicky! My friends were correct about sativas in in that regard. The 3 large critical kush's in the bloom room are looking nice and bushy. I'm going to grab some pictures with the morning maintenance and post them up in a bit :-D

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hello Colorado High...Thanks for the support and positive vibes :) Too funny, I was poking around on the site getting ready to post an update when you messaged! I'm not giving up just yet! I have more updating to do today, but I wanted you to know I'm still here. Thank you!

Here is my veg area. The two tall ones are Critical Kush from seed. They are also the guinea pigs of my second attempt at FIMing. The first attempt yeilded me 2 plants with 2 tops and one with 3. This time, I used scissors instead of 'pinching'.
DSC_005428.jpg

DSC_005729.jpg
DSC_006130.jpg

My first set of Critical Kush clones (now in solo cups) were 100% successfully rooted in rapid rooters using Vita Grow. They were taken at the same time as several Chocolope clones that were 0% successful using Vita Grow in soil. Therefore I took another corse of clones of Chocolope in Rapid Rooters with vita grow (in humidity dome)

DSC_005528.jpg

My bloom room has just gone to 11/13 as of last night.

DSC_007621.jpg
DSC_006722.jpg
DSC_007228.jpg
DSC_006826.jpg

Next time I post photos I will take the time to bring in some white light and turn off the LED's before snapping pictures.

I've got a question for experienced folks: What do you think "As soon as buds set in" means? I'm looking to determine what to look for so I know when to use the Catatonic Root Drench in the HB kit. I would assume it means at the first sign of bud development?

I was originally not planning to have four plants go in the bloom room at once, but things just kind of worked out that way. Being unsure of how much I could squeeze under the veg light, I just moved them all into the bloom room and used those lights in veg mode. I'm intending to get things going perpetually, rotating in a plant or two each month.

Next time I post photos I will take the time to bring in some white light and turn off the LED's before snapping pictures.

I've got a question for experienced folks: What do you think "As soon as buds set in" means? I'm looking to determine what to look for so I know when to use the Catatonic Root Drench in the HB kit. I would assume it means at the first sign of bud development?

I was originally not planning to have four plants go in the bloom room at once, but things just kind of worked out that way. Being unsure of how much I could squeeze under the veg light, I just moved them all into the bloom room and used those lights in veg mode. I'm intending to get things going perpetually, rotating in a plant or two each month.

I'm sorry I missed your journal when you first started it, Kpunx. :goodjob:

"As soon as buds set in" is roughly a couple weeks after they start showing pistils. A week earlier or later is up to the style of the grower. The idea is to drench them about the time they've finished building the foundation for their buds. The drench will help to fatten them and grow trichs on them. Earlier tends to make smaller harder buds, and later tends to make larger looser buds.

Thank you Greytail, that's some clutch assistance. I'm 6 days into seeing pistils. They appears the same day I put the light cycle on 11/13. I don't know if thats how it normally works. I did turn on the bloom spectrum and reduce my light cycle by an hour a day for a week before settling on 11/13.

As promised, I took some pictures without the LED's on. It's always nice to see how pretty the plants look without the spectrum distortion. A nice vibrant green! First Here's a shot of each plant in bloom: The first three are Critical Kush, the fourth is Chocolope.
DSC_001174.jpg
DSC_001270.jpg
DSC_001357.jpg
DSC_001457.jpg

One thing I've learned during my first grow is to be better organized. I have been lazy keeping track of things with google calendar, so I bought a poster frame, made a chart on the back of the backing, and use it like a white board. It hangs on the outside wall of my bloom room.
DSC_001754.jpg

My Veg room:
DSC_002051.jpg

The first run of Chocolope clones I took did not root in HB dirt, thankfully the second set I took in Rapid Rooters did! They just went into cups today.
DSC_002145.jpg

My Critical Kush clones were taken in Rapid Rooters in the first place, and were 100% successful. The first picture is of the three I consider to look better. The other five in the second picture have some uneven structure, and a bit of claw.
DSC_002253.jpg
DSC_002353.jpg

Finally, I think my FIM'ing game needs some work. The first time I FIM'd the four in the bloom room, I pinched them. One plant wound up with 3 tops, one with 2, and the other 2 with 1 still. This time around I used Scissors, per some thoughtful advice on this thread :) Unfortunately, I think I'm still missing the point (ba-dum-bum) One wound up with two tops (first pic), though the following node only shot one new stalk(Second pic), and the second plant had one top remain, with the second stalk seeming stunted (see third picture)
DSC_002758.jpg
DSC_002951.jpg
DSC_003139.jpg

Thanks for all the support and Kindness! I've got all the bits and pieces to rig up some hydro halos with a fertilizer injector, mainlined to my 1/2" pex inlet in the room. :) I hope it works out well. Things are getting a bit crowded to get the watering can in there at this point. Also ordered a second Kit from Doc to keep the perpetual harvest going :)

I would try to get canopy flatter next time. Most of your bud sites are very far from light.

I have been struggling with the tops white washing. The Chocolope just keep growing and growing closer to the light, and then the leaves seem to burn a bit. On the other light, one CK seems to have more issue with the light than the other. I think all of these problems could have to do with improper dosages of ferts. They were getting more than they needed for sure. Just today, I went to the drug store and got some oral syringes that break down to .1mL for a more precise application. I really appreciate your help OG! Your plants look phenomenal, :) Totally going to wash my nugs, too.

Back
Top Bottom