Kpunx' - High Brix - Chocolope - Critical Kush - Indoor

Well I've been following the invaluable advice you kind folks have been giving me. This first cycle has been a tremendous learning experience! I worked to even out my canopy by setting my 3 Critical Kush's on 2 milk crates each, and started some LST on the Chocolope to tame it down a bit. It certainly grows quite tall, so I'm hoping I can widen it by training the uppermost stalks outwards.
DSC_000287.jpg

Due to unforeseen bushiness, (the 5x5 space just isn't enough for 4 unwieldy plants), I set up a watering system to avoid squeezing between plants to water, and it's working great! I already had a temperature adjustable spigot plumbed into the room, and I setup 1/2 tubing trunk and branch to 4 hydro halos. At the beginning of the run, there is a back flow preventer, and a venturi fertilizer pump. I haven't seen other folks do a setup like this, and the people at the hydro store thought I was crazy (because 1/2 tubing and halos supposedly aren't rated for any PSI). Fortunately they can handle it, and because there is ample flow from the mains which is then distributed to 4 sites regulated by valves, there isn't a problem with back pressure and there is enough flow for the venturi. For fertilization, the venturi syphons at a rate of 16:1. So I take a 1/2 gallon of freshly mixed fertilizer solution, and when it's done syphoning I know I've delivered 8 gallons of mixed fertilizer to the 4 plants.
DSC_000781.jpg
DSC_000974.jpg
DSC_000878.jpg

2 Weeks into bloom! I used the first dose of Cat Drench today.
DSC_000486.jpg

I'm a little slow when it comes to understanding some of this stuff, but I finally realized more how topping really works. I didn't understand that part of the idea is that you are redirecting the growth energy to the lower nodes, and those in turn become tops. As the plants have developed, it has become more clear. With that new understanding and OG's sage advice, I have topped my next generation again, turning 3 tops into more and so on. I also started topping the 3rd cycle earlier so they will remain more short and I can SCROG them :) Thank you as always for the support guys!
DSC_001272.jpg
DSC_001359.jpg

Nice dude, I like your feeding system!

I'm tied to steak as well, but in a different way than your plants.

Thanks man! My method of staking that lanky lady down is proving relatively ineffective. Considering she was 6 feet tall when I decided to take some initiative probably didn't help much :tokin: I though about putting a tomato cage in there...

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom