Kro's Indoor Coco Disney Princesses: CM, NL, AM

kronox

Decided to toss up a journal for the Disney princesses. They are currently in week 8 of veg.

Canuk Seeds
2 x Northern Lights (Anna: Nl, Elsa: Nl)
1 x Amnesia (Snow White: Am)
1 x Critical Mass (Merida: Cm)

They started slow, but are healthy.
Amazing how switching to buffered coco makes a big difference.

4x4 tent vegging with 2 x 125w cfl, flowering with 2 x 600w VS (2 x 300w from wall)

All 4 have been quadlined .. thanks to @Asesino85 's journal. I just had to try it out.

For nutes:
GH Bioroot
GH FloraNova Grow
GH ph up/down
GH CaMg+

Since week 5 they are getting:
5ml/gal camg+
5ml/gal bioroot
12ml/gal floranova grow
Ph 5.8-6.2
Ppm 1400

They are now in 2gal pots.
The 3 smaller ones get about 10oz every 2 to 3 days, the larger one (Elsa: Nl) is taking 20oz/day

Random pic time. No chronological order, sorry.

Looking good! The quadlining looks a success.

Thats a high ppm nute mix you're running? cant see any real burn yet tho

Welcome and thank you. Had a tip snap off on Elsa so she will be lop sided.

I was conservative on the nutes at the beginning and there was only slow growth. No yellowing or anything though. Over a couple of weeks, I upped them to 1400 (1600 booster last week). They are a superb healthy deep green with 0 signs of nute burn or anything else (completely opposite from my first grow). I figure 1400 with no nute burn is safe to continue using.

Been waiting for my LED flower lights to be ready to switch these girls. I'll most likely be flipping tomorrow after I find a way to get the pots leveled out and install a scrog net.

I know I dont need a scrog since I've quadlined all 4, but else is so freaking big, i'm anticipating that she'll be the reason I need one. And since the other 3 are pretty small in comparison, I can weave her to fill in the gaps. They all got an lst overhaul and defoliation yesterday in preparation.

Smooth sailing. Got the dual 600w leds in there.
Raised up a bit for access and drainage.

1/4 gal per plant per day
Ph5.7
Ppm 1200
5ml/g camg+
10ml/g bioroot
20ml/g floranova bloom
1.5ml/g floralicious plus

Foliar fed 600ppm reduced from above nutes 2 to 3 times daily until end of week3 flower.

Every 5 days, they get sprayed with "Jake's all in one" pest control.

Because of size differences in the 4, I've put up a scrog net, even though all 4 are quadlined.

1.5 weeks into flower.

I am getting purple leaf stems (starting at leaf base and working it's way to the stalk) and assuming that is an early sign of N deficiency. Am I correct in this situation?

I added slightly more floralicious (2-.2-.8) to up the N in the nutes, but no change in the purple

I'm here! I found it!

From what I've read about it purpleing is at the very worst a mild deficiency. It can also mean that the plant is subject to temps below 68 or it's genetic and nothing to worry about at all.

My plants get them all the time. I don't run an A/C nor do a I run a heater in my area so my temps fluctuate during the seasons. I'd guess it's the temps thing but that's just a guess. I've gotten used to seeing the purpleing. If the new growth on the plants looks fine, I'm gonna chalk it up as don't worry about it.

I'm here! I found it!

From what I've read about it purpleing is at the very worst a mild deficiency. It can also mean that the plant is subject to temps below 68 or it's genetic and nothing to worry about at all.

My plants get them all the time. I don't run an A/C nor do a I run a heater in my area so my temps fluctuate during the seasons. I'd guess it's the temps thing but that's just a guess. I've gotten used to seeing the purpleing. If the new growth on the plants looks fine, I'm gonna chalk it up as don't worry about it.

Welcome to round 2 haha. It's already going much better than round 1. So excited to see the difference in another short 8 weeks.

Thanks for the input on the purple, temps went down to 68.7 at its lowest a few weeks ago, but normally doesnt go below 70. New green is good, so we will go with the "dont worry about it" approach.

Day temps 74 to 77; RH 50 to 55
Night temps 71 to 74; RH 45 to 55

I've been mixing a 5gal bucket of nutes every 2 days to keep the coco from drying out.

I've also not flushed once since potting up to 5gal, and I have yet to see any run off.

all leaves appear to be a nice healthy green, all growing with vigor, no signs of nute burn (except some original growth that got some nutes on them and burned some spots).

While defoliating and leveling the canopy, I split the main stalk on Merida. I used gorilla tape to tape her back up, and 2 days later you wouldn't even know it happened. I'll remove the tape in a week or 2 so it won't restrict the stalk too much.

And, on with the pics:

Going well so far. Would never have known I snapped Merida in two. She hasnt slown down a bit.

All 4 combined are going through 5gal every 2 days, so i'm alternating 5gal nute buckets with nutes and ph water with only camg+

On with the pics

Kinda on cruise control here. Ended up feeding them 2 rounds back to back of just camg+ and water. As of last night, they are back on a mid bloom mix @ about 1150ppm

Leaves are looking glossy and they are praying upwards. Hairs are nice and thick and compact. Very minimal nute burn on the tips (which is perfect during this stage as you want to push them as much as they can take). Node spacing looks great and everything is the right color! Even see some great frost which I am sure smells fantastic.

I'd say you are knocking it out of the park so far.

Leaves are looking glossy and they are praying upwards. Hairs are nice and thick and compact. Very minimal nute burn on the tips (which is perfect during this stage as you want to push them as much as they can take). Node spacing looks great and everything is the right color! Even see some great frost which I am sure smells fantastic.

I'd say you are knocking it out of the park so far.

Well, that's always nice to hear. Good to know I am doing something right.

3 more weeks till harvest window for Anna/Elsa Nl

Not a whole lot to report on, they are on auto pilot.

Daytime: 79° 45% rh
Nighttime: 74° 42% rh

Because these girls are thirsty. I am mixing in 5gal batches every 2 days. I have started doing 10gal nutes, 5gal camg water.

1100ppm
GH Biobloom 20ml/gal
GH CaMg+ 5ml/gal
GH Floralicious 1.75ml/gal
At this point my nutes are PH 4.1 with starting tap water at 8.1
GH ph up ~ 12ml/gal

cruise control. added a new LED to an adjacent tent, temps are higher in both. Sitting at 82° , and my AC trips the breakers every 5 minutes, so they've been sitting at this temp for a couple days. They don't seam to to be too bothered.

the 2 Northern Lights are estimated 6 to 7 weeks flowering. That means only a couple more weeks for those 2.

Back
Top Bottom