Kro's Soil Auto White Widow - First Time - 2018

Well, unbeknown to me, I had a pretty bad phosphorus deficiency. Guess I kept the nutes too low.

I just thought the colors were pretty, had no idea that them turning pink/purple with the stems going red was the red flag. This has been like this for weeks. 1 plant only started showing signs and its buds are waaaay bigger. Live n learn.

New grow is coming along nicely.

Quadline

After much deliberation, here is my plan moving forward. Please interject if I'm waaaay off base here.

I'll handle the "thing"'s out of order.

Thing3: she's a beauty! And still going strong with milky trichomes, and packing on weight fast. So she is still on 1500ppm nutes for another week.

Thing2: she was hit hard with phosphorus deficiency (I mistook it for being pretty .. haha). She's pretty purple on all top buds, and all trichomes on the purple are amber. However, these are limited to the larger buds only and appear to only be where the deficiencies showed. So she is on Ph'd water flush for 7 days, then chop chop. Shes going yellow fast and nothing is slowing it down, I estimate 7 days before the yellow hits the bud leaves.

Thing4: shes showing advanced phosphorus deficiency as well. Not as bad as thing2 though. She is 7 days younger than thing2, but same deal with all those amber trichomes. All lower trichomes are cloudy. Shes also on ph'd water and will be chopped in 7days.

Thing2/4: I figure the lower popcorn will give me a good energized high, and the larger top buds will couch lock me. I'll jar them up separately.

Thing1: geez, thing1, damn ... shes been a mess since day 1, but shes still kicking. Shes flowering like a mad girl. Not sure she'll pack on much weight, but shes sure trying. I think shes experienced every possible problem. ..i'm not even entirely sure how shes still alive. Her leaves are 70% yellow and falling off, the ones that are green are stiff and show past signs of horrific magnesium/iron deficiencies. She is quickly building up some frost over the last week. So with her, since shes same age as thing2, I'm dialing her nutes down to 600-700ppm for the duration and play a watch and see when shes ready.

So in a week, at least 2 will be chopped, and the other 2 could be another 2weeks or more.

I've got a 10pack of GDP on the way for next round which starts in 6 days. Haha .. round 3 starts in a week .. crazy shiat

2nd round (disney princesses) are coming along nicely. Too wet at the beginning causing a slow start .. but 1 of 4 have been topped and lollipopped, the other 3 should follow in a few days, then 3 weeks to 12/12

Man oh man I wish I would have found this journal earlier. I just got all caught up!

Where to start? You are using coco and GH products so this is right up my alley. Have you been to my journal before? I think you would really dig it as you are currently on that path. I use the 3 part GH lineup but you could very easily do it with flora nova bloom and grow. Although I saw a picture early on and I didn't actually see flora nova bloom, just grow so if you don't have that I'd pick it up as it is the other base nutrient for that lineup. Biothrive bloom is only 2-4-4 on the scale and flora nova bloom is 4-8-7 I believe. That would partly be why your plants are suffering from phosphorous deficiency. I also would recommend getting koolbloom in both the powder and liquid form. They both are very high is phosphorous and potassium. The liquid one I think is more essential than the powder but I do think using both is optimal.

At this point you just figured it out but your plants are suffering from a phosphorous problem and likely need to be fed more as well. About 3-4 weeks in I start using boosters like liquid koolbloom. Since I am on a 3 part nutrient system, I start cutting out the nitrogen and adding phosphorous. The signs of these deficiencies usually aren't that noticeable until mid flower like this so luckily there is still time to fix this so that's the good news. They really don't look that bad either so that's good news too.

Are you sure that thing 1 isn't a male? If it doesn't have hairs at this point then I'd guess it probably isn't. I think I can see little pods on the cola picture you showed. If it isn't than it's fine but if not budding at all then I might look to just get rid of it. Lastly when looking at trichomes make sure to not look at them on the fan leaves but rather the bud itself. If your loupe has an LED light attached to it then they will also look a little more cloudy than they actually are. I usually go a full 10 weeks in flower. Sometimes there is a bit of variance to it but usually not by more than a few days.

I'll definitely help answer any questions you might have. Just do the @Asesino85 thing and I usually come running within 24 hours. I'd say I know a thing or two about coco. I also know a thing or two about quadlining too which it looks like you are about to do as well. Look forward to seeing this progress!

@Asesino85 welcome.
Thanks for the advice.

At this point, going off cks time frames, harvest should have been almost 2 weeks ago. So, already not going off that.

I do have a loupe with an led, but I tape the loupe to the back of my phone with the led off to get clearer pictures. And at this point, only thing1 has clear trichomes.

I had GH floranova grow before I started growing for other stuff, so I started with what I had. I later got the organic bloom (biothrive bloom) for the flower period. I have learned, only after the phosphorus deficiency to pay more attention to the poms. I was way under. 700ish mid flower (but was using max recommended bloom nutes) ... I doubled it and now my poms in bloom are between 1300 and 1500 without any signs of nute burn or progression of phosphorus deficiency. Mind you, only thing3 is getting this high ppm mix now. I did manage to give the rest about 4 days of these nutes before switching then to flush.

Thing1 is definitely a girl. Shes throwing pistols like crazy now. Shes trying, and as an experiment, ..i'm leaving her on 1/2 nutes all the way to the end and see what happens.

Thing2 and thing4 are slated for chop next week. Whether they are ready or not. The buds are definitely large enough for me to be happy with and they are not getting any fatter, they kinda stopped growing (EXCEPT the popcorn, those are getting fatter). I deliberated with the wife over all the options. Because we are new to this, we decided it would be best to chop these 2 soon. Reason being, I'd rather chop early on purpose to take advantage of seeing exactly what effects will happen at this stage. I'd assume that the lower popcorn (all milky) that are still green, will show off the energetic high I'd expect, and the deficiency damaged upper buds to deliver something in-between couch lock and energetic. I figure make the best out of a bad deficiency, and get 2 parts of the same plant delivering different highs. Win win. And since this is just the beginning, why not?

Too bad I got the deficiency, but it is pretty.

Now, thing3. Shes FAT. The main cola is the size of my forearm (i'm 6'1" 180lbs and fit .. not small forearms). She does have very mild signs of the phosphorus deficiency, but barely. So shes still on 1300 to 1500ppm nutes and shes exploding with new growth. I figure another week or so before I start a flush there, I want her at the supreme couchlock phase (that's how we like most of our stuff).

We learned a lot from this round which saved our second round. I was playing too safe on ppms for the week the plants were in. I was still giving 400ppm to 5week veg and wondering why they were so small. I upped them to 1300ppm and they almost doubled in size in 3 days. These were originally going to be our scrog test round, but decided to try quadlining on them instead. Cant go wrong while learning.

That leads into your mentioning of the nutes. Though we are vegging with GH bioroot, floranova grow, and camg+ .. thinking by flower time, we may switch over to AN ph perfect.

So much to learn. But hey, regardless of the outcome or the horrific experiences along the way, it's f%÷^king fun and if you can smoke it, it's a total win.

Edit: could you harvest only 1/2 a plant at a time? Say like 1/2 now, 1/2 in a week? Let the green branches keep growing?

Update:
CkS auto white widow. They claim 70 days from seed to harvest.

Thing1 and thing2 are at 87 days.

Thing1 is rapidly growing her buds trying to catch up in bulk while her leaves rapidly all turn yellow (couldnt prevent it even with full nutes, so shes been flushed and is on plain water). Remember she was my topping test.

Thing2 has been fed water for the last 7days, full flush 4 days ago. Drinking 1/2 gal plain water daily. Shes might purple and I'm watching trichomes and color of sugar leaves as harvest indicators ... pistils keep popping up and they are thick and oh so white, so the wait continues.

Thing3 and thing4 are at 80 days.

Thing3 is oh so beautiful. She was the RUNT and even fell over at the beginning. Look at her now. Shes still vibrant green with only hints of purple. Shes massive compared to the others. Her pistols have 80% of them starting to turn brown (starting: only the pistil tips are brown right now). Shes been flushed for 4 days and is on straight water until shes ready. I think this one I can properly look at trichomes to determine harvest day.

Thing4 is oh so purple. She was my fim test (she better than the topped test). Shes been on water for the last 7 days, full flush 4 days ago, and much like thing2, i'm gonna have to rely on multiple methods to determine when to chop.

I'm open to ideas on determining harvest time. It may come down to too many yellow/dead leaves, and in that case, at what point is too much yellow/dead leaves? Thing4 and thing2 are dropping 5+ leaves daily. The others are dropping 1 to 3 daily.

Edit: should note that all 4 are showing rapid, very noticable daily bud growth. I can visually see size differences even in an 8hr time span.

It's normal for them to get yellow/dead leaves towards the end. Go by the trichomes. I like cloudy no amber but i hate couch lock. I harvest in 2 or 3 stages per plant. I take the biggest colas first. Then wait a few days and take the next set. Then again a few more days then done. Actually going to start the chop on my Sour Jacks later on today.

Ive been wondering about harvesting in stages. Thanks for confirming that.
I, myself would like to wait for 50/50 amber trichomes as I do like the couch lock.

Most of them wait til 5 or 10 percent amber. 50/50 might be beyond couch lock into the sleep zone lol

Maybe 30% then haha. We like our heavy indicas that cover pain management. Both the wife and I have developed nerve damage in the neck which causes severe pain in the upper back/shoulder that radiates down to the finger tips. Sleepy effects could be a good thing (wife is much worse off than I am).

So definitely going to try and harvest in stages and get a little of each (all cloudy and some work more amber than cloudy) and hope that I can push these girls along far enough before all the leaves fall off. The purple girls dont have much green left (only green leaves are the sugar leaves on the lower/mid buds)

Decided to chop thing3 and thing4.
Thing1 and thing2 are still going.

For the 2 I chopped, they were starting to foxtail and had 90%+ pistils turned brown. Trichomes on both were roughly 25% amber upper buds, 10% lower.

I washed the buds before hanging in a uhaul wardrobe box. I got pre pics of thing4 but forgot on thing3. Also, the wet weight for thing4 was after washing (oops), but thing3 wet weight is before washing.

Total wet weight, after trimming anything without a trichome off, stems on, was just over 725 grams for the 2 plants.

Onto the pics:

Looking very frosty. Congrats on the harvest :ganjamon:

Thank you.
Now it's a wait n see on final weight.

I have a hole in the top of the wardrobe box for exhaust, and a small fan blowing into a hole on the bottom. I think with the combined airflow and cardboard, they should do ok (hoping they dont dry too fast)

Thank you.
Now it's a wait n see on final weight.

I have a hole in the top of the wardrobe box for exhaust, and a small fan blowing into a hole on the bottom. I think with the combined airflow and cardboard, they should do ok (hoping they dont dry too fast)

I’m sure you’ll be fine mine took about a week in my cardboard box.

Completely forgot that I had turned a trimming into a clone from thing2 back before flowering.

Keeping her on the window sill upstairs, in a 1.5" rockwool cube. I did use a rooting powder. I wanted to see what would happen.

She's only had plain tap water ph8 28ppm for the last 2.5months. She only started yellowing yesterday.

I know shes smaller than small. Haha

Drying is coming along nicely, maybe a little too quickly.

I tried to keep all buds on branches, but the inevitable happens and there were a handful of small popcorn that I just put into a paper bag at the bottom of the drying box. And .... they were dry today!

Popcorn: 1.45gr (3 little nuggets)
I vaped a bit, and rolled a nice fatty.

All I can say is "wholly f#$%ing hell", knocked me on my a55. ..i'm used to 1gr joints of high quality bud, but the .75gr of this ww floored me. Took s minute, then hit like a tonne of bricks. Intense starting high. After about 15 to 20mins it levels out to a super calming, relaxing high, then slowly transitions over to a sleepy feeling about 1 to 1.5hrs in. Perfect!

She tastes exactly how she smelled growing (amazingly strong)

Cant wait to try more once the rest is dry and cured.

Edit: should mention, she burns beautifully and evenly. She stays lit and produces a white ash.

Drying is coming along nicely, maybe a little too quickly.

I tried to keep all buds on branches, but the inevitable happens and there were a handful of small popcorn that I just put into a paper bag at the bottom of the drying box. And .... they were dry today!

Popcorn: 1.45gr (3 little nuggets)
I vaped a bit, and rolled a nice fatty.

All I can say is "wholly f#$%ing hell", knocked me on my a55. ..i'm used to 1gr joints of high quality bud, but the .75gr of this ww floored me. Took s minute, then hit like a tonne of bricks. Intense starting high. After about 15 to 20mins it levels out to a super calming, relaxing high, then slowly transitions over to a sleepy feeling about 1 to 1.5hrs in. Perfect!

She tastes exactly how she smelled growing (amazingly strong)

Cant wait to try more once the rest is dry and cured.

Edit: should mention, she burns beautifully and evenly. She stays lit and produces a white ash.

The buds will re-hydrate a little bit when you jar them up. You always gotta roll a J of the first few popcorn nugs though. It's like going into an apple orchard and picking a basket of the first of the season apples and not eating one until you get back home. You have to pick one in the field and eat it right then and there. After they cure that smoke will only get better!

@Asesino85 my quadline attempt is fun haha. Attempting on 4 plants (Am, Nl x 2, Cm) 1 of the Northerb lights is waaaay ahead of the others ... and, I snapped off the tip after the 2nd node. Oops. Should I top the others as well? They only have lopsided/misaligned nodes. These girls are only maybe 6" from top of the soil. Not sure how to even out the canopy among 4 when 1 is so much further along. (I cloned the tip that snapped off .. not a lot of stem, will see how that goes. Maybe another windowsill grow in a solo cup)

These ones started very slow and I've just finished week 7 of veg in the pics. How the heck does everyone get them to the sizes they do in 6 weeks???

4x4 tent 2 x 125w cfl (1 per 2 plants), at about 12" to 14" from plant tops.

The 2 lower ones are the northern lights.

Edit: dropped 4 feminized GDP (BCSeedKing) last week to take the place of the ww when they are all done. Theme is "Disjointed", have Ruth, Dabby, Jenny and Olivia. Wife may want to try out super cropping on these.

Back
Top Bottom