KryptoKronic's First Time Grow - Blue Mystic - LED - Coco Coir

KryptoKronic

Hey all, this is my first attempt at growing and figured I should start one of these to get help along the way from all you guys doing it way longer than me. I have just completed the grow room setup and have seeds on the way from nirvana. I'm a heavy smoker, and I am sick of having to pay outrageous amounts of money just to catch a buzz, as well as I would like to get a medical strain for my father for his hip pain in the future.

Seeds: Blue Mystic Regular (was running out of money, was on sale, couldn't afford the feminized seeds)

Ultimate Grow Kit from Nirvana Shop:

Light: GalaxyHyrdo LED 300w
71jxpqP_D9L_SL1500_.jpg

As I was searching through Nirvanas inventory I came across that ultimate grow kit and decided it was worth a shot because it seems little maintenance for a first time grower.

My space is 24"x69", in the future i plan on sectioning it off for a mother plant and an eventual shift to hydro setup, this however was a cheaper alternative for my first attempt. Wrapped the walls with mylar blankets (again, trying to keep some cost down from buying actual mylar film).

I have my coco and perlite ready, just waiting on my seeds and grow kit to come in from Nirvana to get started.

Pics of the grow space

IMAG10568.jpg

IMAG106111.jpg

IMAG106610.jpg

Looking good. I don't see anything for ventilation. Is that with the kit?

Sent from my SM-G925V using 420

Theres 2 fans on the top of the light that move quite a bit of air, if anything I am thinking of putting a small oscillating fan in there, I dont think im gonna run into any temperature issues or anything.

If i really have to get air moving the top is actually 3 separate panels i can take down and mount a fan in any of them.

The kit is just nirvanas germination thing/soiltabs/flowertabs

I have actually decided not to use the grow kit from nirvana as well after reading some bad things about it. Instead i have purchased General Hydroponics Flora Series Trio, CaliMagic, and ph control kit to use.

Seedlings have popped, mixed all my coco and got everything in the closet now. Threw a box fan in there on low seems to be doing OK for temps, not seeing it over 75-80 in there. still trying to decide what im going to do for a permanent fan.

IMAG107210.jpg

On week 2 now, had 2 start curling edges. I think thats because it was getting a little warm in the closet. I actually took the box fan from my previous pic and took out one of my top sections and have the fan exhausting into the top half of the closet now, seems to have made a big difference on temps, waiting to see if my leaves uncurl on those 2 plants. It was also 2 in the back doing it so ive moved them to the front now and will be more proactive with rotating all the plants.

IMAG107510.jpg

Hey. Looking good...heads up they stretch like a mofo when u flip. Dont like full nutes either...well didnt for me in dwc...good luck and looking foreward to seeing what u get!!

Im actually following a coco + general hydro nutes guide i found on grow weed easy. seems to be working OK, have 2 lower leaves on one plant yellowing a bit but everything else is looking good. Yea from what I have been reading they will double in size when I flip 12/12 which will be in the next couple weeks. I topped the 3 taller ones tonight so we'll see how it goes from there.

I started my first 12/12 cycle on saturday and they immediately bushed out like crazy. Pic from last night. Ill get some better pics of each plant this week.

IMAG10879.jpg

Im actually following a coco + general hydro nutes guide i found on grow weed easy. seems to be working OK, have 2 lower leaves on one plant yellowing a bit but everything else is looking good. Yea from what I have been reading they will double in size when I flip 12/12 which will be in the next couple weeks. I topped the 3 taller ones tonight so we'll see how it goes from there.

Mine werent heavy feeders...if i remember correctly. It was a considerable amount less than the trainwreck and critical plus...now thats a heavy feeder.

Back
Top Bottom