Kundal1n1's - Soil - NorthernLight AutoFem

Kundal1n1

Hey there everyone, it's been a while. I thought I'd post another journal, the last one was a lot of fun! :)
This grow is as follows;

One seed, one pot.
Northern Light Auto Feminized from Nirvana Seeds
Soil, DIY growtent, DIY growlight with CFL bulbs.
Growing organic with an organic compost solution and some seaweed fertilizer.

Just put it in today, February 5th.
Let's see how it goes! :)

It's been a month since I placed that tiny seed into the earth and today I noticed the plant is already starting to flower.
It seems early, she is very small, not too sure what happened there... The only thing I did different this time is I added an oil filled radiator to control the temperature. Temps at 70 to 75F with lights on.
Now this is an autoflower strain so it is expected to flower quickly, but really... this quickly?? She looks like a baby plant lol!
I'm already thinking of popping another seed of a regular strain along side with it, since i'm not expecting a big yield from this baby plant... hopefully she'll grow a bit more though. Here's a pic of her with some LST getting watered.

It happens. I have a strain that flowers at about 3 weeks from sprout day. It is a dwarf though. You may have transplanted too late. There's talk of when the root hits the bottom of the pot, it goes into flowering. I don't know how accurate that is though.

It happens. I have a strain that flowers at about 3 weeks from sprout day. It is a dwarf though. You may have transplanted too late. There's talk of when the root hits the bottom of the pot, it goes into flowering. I don't know how accurate that is though.
Interesting! Thanks for sharing.
I did have an issue with the transplant. Some of the roots got stuck at the bottom and I had to give it a jerking or two, resulting in some of the roots breaking off.. or the fact that I ran out of vegetative nutes and solely used flowering nutes.. whoops.. my bad?
It's okay though, I'll get a little something from this one, already got another seed in of Aurora Indica strain.
Cheers!

Another week has passed and growth has picked up a little bit,
She is still very small, in comparison to other strains I have grown, which makes it rather difficult to do some LST.
Anyhow, I still managed to do the LST and the lateral branches are getting more light exposure.
She is starting to produce pistils now, looking pretty healthy, just really small.

Heya, wanted to post a quick update on what's going on in the growroom,
the northernlight auto feminized plant is now clearly producing buds, i think the LST worked very well, theres a few side branches that have grown up through the canopy. I'm starting to feel better about it, yet realize I probably enjoy non auto's more since I can grow them out more and fill up the whole tent with just one plant. Anyways here's a pic I just took!

Also, my wife and I were watching a documentary about growing organic cannabis, in it they recommended this way of growing that revolves around creating a supersoil and recycling that soil over and over.
They emphasize on microbial life, feed the soil, not the plant... I tend to be very intrigued, it seems to mimic nature's patterns the closely. Makes me realize I still have so much to learn. No doubt I am going to read this book entirely and try and recreate some supersoil to grow in. Here's a picture of the book. I hope I can post this here ? I don't want to advertise or anything, just sharing my journey :)

Did a little more LST today, wanted to open up the inside of the plant more as I noticed there's more buds forming in the middle that were getting shaded out. Below is a picture I made before lights out, she seems a little droopy which is normal before lights out, she always droops when it goes dark, then perks up before the lights come on.

Also, I had put a seed in soil from a photoperiod strain, but it seems the seed failed to germinate. I dug it up and no taproot appeared, that's a first for me. It's maybe a couple years in storage, but who knows how long the seedbank had it.
Anyways, i'm trying to still germinate it with paper towel method, if that fails i'll try the scuffing method with sandpaper.
If that fails, well, on to the next!

Here's a picture of the northernlights auto fem just after I did more LST on the side branches to open up the middle,
you can clearly see there's a lot more bud-sites in the middle there. Cheers! Hope everyone is doing well!

Hey there, just a quick update, also kinda need some advice.
Since the stature of the plant is really small, the leaves are overlapping each other and shading the inner buds out again,
do you think it would be wise to do a little bit of defoliation to keep having a good light penetration ?

Another update, got kinda bored so I decided to make a few pictures :)
Growth really took off, she made up for some of it over the last two weeks.
Still the smallest plant I've ever grown, but hey, it's okay :)
Buds are forming nicely!

Nothing much of newness to report, the side branches are developing nicely, it seems my tactic to help the yield a bit worked. However she remains very small, hanging low to the ground, very little stretching, an inch at the most.
Also the soil kinda settled more in the pot so it's a kinda weird look. Gotta look hard to find the buds in between the canopy of leaves.

Hey there everyone, another update to the journal. This time it's about defoliation.
I kept having this feeling that I needed to remove some of the leaves, mainly because they were overlapping each other and shading out the inner buds. It was also hard to tend and water the plant because of the thick canopy.
I guess this plant is teaching me new things about itself every day. So I listened to my gut feeling and took some sharp cissors and removed most of the fan leaves in the center of the plant, opening up the buds to air/light, it's a big win.
I have left the big leaves at the rim of the pot because they aren't in the way and shading nothing out other than hiding an ugly nursery pot, haha! Anyways here's the result, let me know what you think!

Back
Top Bottom