Kushahn Goes Organic With The Hulk 2020

Could the moderators move this Journal to Abandoned as I am not continuing it due to lack of help which is what I thought this Forum was all about. No disrespect to u @Emilya but I have done everything you have suggested to a T but unfortunately I am watching my plants not growing and dying.

Could the moderators move this Journal to Abandoned as I am not continuing it due to lack of help which is what I thought this Forum was all about. No disrespect to u @Emilya but I have done everything you have suggested to a T but unfortunately I am watching my plants not growing and dying.
@Kushahn , I just today gave you help. I am sorry you didn't like the advice that I gave you, but the problem is you... not a lack of help. You just couldnt let your sick plants go, only watering a little bit on the top like I advise in my writings... no, after a week you decided that they must need water again. YOU are drowning your roots.... not us. I tried to help you, but you did NOT do what I have advised and you did not follow what I suggested to a T. I have even tried further amplifying my advice, but you refused to take it... and now you blame this board? Please don't blame the rest of them, for it was me trying to help you, and people hate to step on other people's toes around here, so of course they were quiet. I will step out now, and let someone else advise you, if you decide to stick around. Sorry that I was unable to convince you. Good luck in the rest of your grows with that great equipment.

@Kushahn , I just today gave you help. I am sorry you didn't like the advice that I gave you, but the problem is you... not a lack of help. You just couldnt let your sick plants go, only watering a little bit on the top like I advise in my writings... no, after a week you decided that they must need water again. YOU are drowning your roots.... not us. I tried to help you, but you did NOT do what I have advised and you did not follow what I suggested to a T. I have even tried further amplifying my advice, but you refused to take it... and now you blame this board? Please don't blame the rest of them, for it was me trying to help you, and people hate to step on other people's toes around here, so of course they were quiet. I will step out now, and let someone else advise you, if you decide to stick around. Sorry that I was unable to convince you. Good luck in the rest of your grows with that great equipment.
First of all I appreciate all that you tried to help me with.

My first two indoor grows in normal potting mix and a HPS light went seemlessly with great yields. So I’ll agree to disagree that it’s not ME.

I bought a new light went down the organic path and thought I’m out of my comfort zone will get some help. I didn’t water for 5 days then gave a little around the top mayb not 3x but nevertheless a bit of water, then you replied with this.

The squirter is for when the plants are tiny and still swimming around in the soil. Now it is time to get out the watering can and give a good amount of water all around the plant, but let a good amount go in around the base of the plant too. I would expect you could easily throw 1/2 gallon at each of them at this point, and after we see a big growth spurt and they use up this water, I think next time it would be safe to completely water the pots and I bet they all can hold at least 3/4 gallon of water, if not a little more. I would do it now... the roots are wanting to grow.

I did that but didn’t really want to as the bottom of the pot was still saturated. And still is and that was over a week ago and all I have done since is a light water in top.

And now I don’t know which way to turn but I’ll go back to what little I know and wing it.

Sorry to waste your time.

You have not wasted my time, and I am even going to try one more time to get through to you. You must wait to water the next time until the bottoms of your containers are dry. If this takes over a week to even 10 days, so be it... your roots are that damaged. Wait for it. While you are waiting, every 3 or 4 days, mist the top surface of the soil, intending to give no more water than what would soak in 3 inches deep. You DO NOT want to add to the water table down below. Keep misting the top every 3 or 4 days until finally your roots are able to clear out all that stale water sitting below. Then, water again, saturating the soil.... and play that waiting game again, misting the top every 3 or 4 days to keep things going strong. You will find that on this next pass, the roots have indeed gotten stronger, and instead of 10 days, it will only take a week. The next pass will go even quicker, until your plants are so strong that they can drain all that water in 2 or 3 days.

Good luck... I hope you get this figured out. I won't give up on you... I hope you don't give up on us... or your plants.

You have not wasted my time, and I am even going to try one more time to get through to you. You must wait to water the next time until the bottoms of your containers are dry. If this takes over a week to even 10 days, so be it... your roots are that damaged. Wait for it. While you are waiting, every 3 or 4 days, mist the top surface of the soil, intending to give no more water than what would soak in 3 inches deep. You DO NOT want to add to the water table down below. Keep misting the top every 3 or 4 days until finally your roots are able to clear out all that stale water sitting below. Then, water again, saturating the soil.... and play that waiting game again, misting the top every 3 or 4 days to keep things going strong. You will find that on this next pass, the roots have indeed gotten stronger, and instead of 10 days, it will only take a week. The next pass will go even quicker, until your plants are so strong that they can drain all that water in 2 or 3 days.

Good luck... I hope you get this figured out. I won't give up on you... I hope you don't give up on us... or your plants.
Sorry about my attitude just having a rough time atm. I wont give up and your advice is taken onboard.

Just a quick apology to those who may have been offended by my recents comments regarding lack of help on this site. I was having a few moments as we all do but unfortunately let those moments extend onto the keyboard which is not warranted and disrespectful. The help offered so far by @Emilya and a few others has been great. If the moderators are reading this I would like to rescind on my previous request as I will complete this Journal. As my old golf coach use to tell me Winners never Quit and Quitters never Win. With a bit of help and guidance from Emilya and others I will be a Winner come harvest time.:peace::green_heart::)

Great growing to u all.

Ok so it’s Day 31 and due to my ignorance I have done what a lot of inexperienced growers do and overwatered and the bottoms of my 3 gallon pots are saturated, sending the moisture meter needle out of range. Easily done but nevertheless taboo. So the watering can is locked up in the cupboard and all I have is the spray bottle. The top 2 or 3 inches are dry so i have followed @Emilya advice and this morning I misted the top surface to only penetrate that top 3 inches. Will see how they are in the morning and post photos.:thumb:

@Pennywise @Buds Buddy do you have any recommendations as to what I should have the dimmer setting and height of my HLG 550 Samsung full quantum board 3500k led. It’s my first grow with it and the only manufacturer’s reference was “hanging height 50-80cm.
0B165712-A784-4613-B80C-EC0FC011A894.jpeg
359E2BC6-B20F-4681-A9A3-99CAB35E8155.jpeg

Day 32
Well they haven’t turned their feet up yet but still a couple are touch and go.
A77239BF-BF00-4480-8AC6-D763BD7C4B7E.jpeg
31930D15-CFA9-41AA-809D-7997597C15B1.jpeg
The 2 Black Widows are safe I think
0DE3B270-4585-4BE6-A67D-BC8DED1C15D1.jpeg
3C2BA980-EE64-48E3-9101-5D4139788096.jpeg
This poor little SkywalkerOG and one of the Bruce Banners are extremely sad but hopefully they survive.
A145D166-302E-4070-8743-4AABBC717DA7.jpeg
This other Bruce Banner is doing ok though. Really hope the Skywalker survives as air was the only seed that popped in that strain out of 5 seeds. I have taken the initiative, and please let me know if it’s too drastic, to raise my Skywalkers pot out of the pot holder and turned up my exhaust fan and circulating fans to dry the bottom of this pot out.
2210A4F1-E209-4DC2-A786-9620CA3D88BB.jpeg

Day 33

Well things are a bit more positive in the Tardis(a name I have given my grow, and for those who might not know Dr. Who’s time travel machine) this morning but a few days off drenching the soil with some micro beasties is the form of an AACT.

The two Black Widows are stable, one even starting to point skywards with its new leaves.
529C6975-4C99-483A-AB86-9E451E807ACF.jpeg
7FD40323-76F0-4687-908D-E59EB4887254.jpeg

The two Bruce Bannersalso going ok :)
76DD90AC-9326-40E4-9F8B-21A826A6B855.jpeg
E2C15B8A-1F89-4466-A029-BC03FF73369F.jpeg
2B4C49FD-CB13-43ED-BADE-8CA05D0327D0.jpeg
And the poor little Skywalker has its top leaves starting to point skywards as well. I hope this is a positive sign and if I continue to be patient she might survive
4509F68A-D4D4-4EA8-81ED-901445E95762.jpeg
3402DCBC-856B-4C28-BFE8-C9C80D4256FD.jpeg
II

I realise these photos and and this Journal isn’t showing much attraction atm moment but it is what it is. I made a huge mistake and now I’m trying to save these girls from the morgue. If at least one other inexperienced grower stumbles across my Journal and learns from my mistake then I will be happy.

Great growing to u all:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom