Kushington Farms Grows Farm Fav. Pineapple Skunk Plant with Lush LED Lights

Another week into flower. Doing well, everything is nice a green growing up full and and lush. Nice thick dense stems that will support the upcoming weight from the buds.
Kushington_Farms_Uses_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_01_02_14_6_.JPG

Pineapple Skunk Day 21
Kushington_Farms_Uses_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_01_02_14_5_.JPG

Pineapple Skunk Day 21
Kushington_Farms_Uses_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_01_02_14_14_.JPG

Pineapple Skunk Day 21
Kushington_Farms_Uses_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_01_02_14_13_.JPG

Pineapple Skunk Day 21

(date)
Good Highs everyone,
How is everyone doing today?
This thread is dedicated to Pineapple Skunk. It will include pictures of all the plants I run that are from this strain. It will include several generations of the strain and will be started from seed. The following plants will be clones from the original plant. I am currently running two plants of this strain the first update will be of the first plant I am running in this thread. the next update is the new one and will be labeled as second plant. the rest of this info normally goes at the beginning of the thread. but Im stepping things up and thrying to provide more information on my journal threads.
I have a veg room that is 10x10 set up in my basement. My temperature stays at about 73 degrees with 40% humidity. I run 5 Vegetator vegetation lights from Hydro LED Light | Lush Lighting | 888-960-4LED. I run 18 hours on and 6 hours off for a light cycle. I believe all living things need to sleep and rest at night, and I am a firm believer that a 24 hour light cycle is the leading cause of plants turning hermaphrodite. It is also why plants stretch, have thin stem and branch growth, and suffer from other common stress related issues. I run a perpetual garden and run my plants thru a 60 day veg cycle. I water about twice a week in the veg room sometimes more sometimes less depending on stage of plant. I use Technaflora base nutrients, thrive-alive, and magical; along with a silica additive in RO water. The EC concentration is .5 EC using a multiplier of .87 is about 435ppm. The Medium I use is a 60% COCO 20% Silica Perlite and 20% organic ocean floor mix with a teaspoon of mycorrhizae. They veg in 5 gallon smart pots until about two weeks before flower. At two weeks before flower I place another 5 gallon smart pot full of medium underneath the original pot to give it fresh media to grow into during flower. At that point, I no longer water my plant for a period of 4 days to force the roots into the fresh medium.
The Pre-Flower stage lasts for a week and has its own little set up just outside the Vegetation room. I basically put them in a flowering light cycle and feed the plants on the veg. nutes for that first week of flower.
The Flowering Stage room is in a garage that is split into two rooms. Each room is 12x18 with about a 6x8 hallway/storage room in-between the two rooms. I have my own room and a testing room currently used by Lush Lighting. The garage has a small low BTU window AC in the storage area, and each room has its own small low BTU AC unit for a total of three. I live in Michigan and the rooms are outside, so temperature and humidity control is a bitch to maintain in both summer and winter. I won’t let it get any colder than 60 and no warmer than 82. However, those are the red zone areas. My true target temperature is 68-77 degrees with 40% humidity. Flowering nutrients are also mixed in RO water. I use Technaflora boost and bloom base nutrients, thrive-alive B1, magi-cal, some monster bloom and a silica additive. It is run at a higher EC concentration that holds at about .7 EC using the .87 multiplier is about 600ppm. The room is 12x18 and has 11 Lush Lighting Dominators of various types (Dominators, Dominator 2x, Dominator 2x XL) and 4 Luminators. I run a 12 hours on and 12 hours off lighting cycle. Everything I have grown in the last 18 months is 100% Lush LED grown, and I have been the product tester for Lush Lighting since late 2009.
After I have harvested my plants, meaning after I trimmed most of the leaves off and I chopped them down. I leave them whole and hang them for about 5 days. After five days I trim them up and leave them in a drying rack for about 2-3 more days. After that I place it in jars and air them out once a day for the next two-three weeks depending on need.
Due to my own time limitations I normally don’t post veg pics as they are of little interest to most people. I could be wrong but most people tend to like to see the goods. To tell me you got there just show me the baby kind of thinking. I have a plat restriction of 72 plants but I am currently one patient short so I only run 60 plants at the moment. I find that caring for and take pictures of each plant every week is entirely too much of an undertaking. I have enough issues keeping up with the flowering pics at times. I have various threads of each strain I put out into flower in my own room that can be found on 420magazine. Due to the sensitive nature of the test products I run in my room. I will rarely show anything except time lapse videos on youtube in that room.

Hey kush been trying to spread the goodness of lush lighting to this comunity but noonw seems to care, I keep seeing guys trying to get a gram a watt off leds I keep telling em to get a lush and three grams a watt is possibile I do.t get it. Lush gotta be the best led out there im sold brotha.
I know. I don't get it either. they will care soon enough. Lush Lighting is making a-lot of noise in the community. Price is the only thing people complain about but it takes money to make money

This is plant number 2 it was put out into flower on December 5th, 2013. The first three pictures were taken on 12/20/13 the next three 12/27/13 the next four on 01/02/14 and the last four 01/10/14 which will make this plant up to date

Pineapple Skunk Day 15
Kushington_Farms_and_Lush_LED_Lighting_pineapple_skunk_Day_15_2_.JPG
Kushington_Farms_and_Lush_LED_Lighting_pineapple_skunk_Day_15_4_.JPG
Kushington_Farms_and_Lush_LED_Lighting_pineapple_skunk_Day_15_5_.JPG

Pineapple Skunk Day 22
Kushington_Farms_and_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_Day_22_1_.JPG
Kushington_Farms_and_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_Day_22_2_.JPG
Kushington_Farms_and_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_Day_22_4_.JPG

Pineapple Skunk Day 28
Kushington_Farms_and_Lush_LED_Lighting_pineapple_skunk_Day_28_10_.JPG
Kushington_Farms_and_Lush_LED_Lighting_pineapple_skunk_Day_28_3_.JPG
Kushington_Farms_and_Lush_LED_Lighting_pineapple_skunk_Day_28_5_.JPG
Kushington_Farms_and_Lush_LED_Lighting_pineapple_skunk_Day_28_8_.JPG

Pineapple Skunk Day 35
Kushington_Farms_and_Lush_LED_Lighting_pineapple_skunk_Day_35_11_.JPG

Kushington_Farms_and_Lush_LED_Lighting_pineapple_skunk_Day_35_4_1.JPG
Kushington_Farms_and_Lush_LED_Lighting_pineapple_skunk_Day_35_5_1.JPG
Kushington_Farms_and_Lush_LED_Lighting_pineapple_skunk_Day_35_6_.JPG

01/19/14
Okay this first update is of plant number 2. Flowered on 12/05/14 and the pictures were taken on 01/16/14
Pineapple Skunk Day 42 looking really good and about to really blow up in the last few weeks
Kushington_Farms_and_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_Day_42_9_.JPG
Kushington_Farms_and_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_Day_42_8_.JPG
Kushington_Farms_and_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_Day_42_7_.JPG
Kushington_Farms_and_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_Day_42_11_.JPG
Kushington_Farms_and_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_Day_42_12_.JPG
Kushington_Farms_and_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_Day_42_13_.JPG
Kushington_Farms_and_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_Day_42_22_.JPG
Kushington_Farms_and_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_Day_42_19_.JPG

Hello my friends. Good highs to all of you on this fine and cold Saturday night. finally getting around to my plant number 2 update of this fine lady. She is absolutely exploding with buds and trichomes. I have always loved this strain. It has a taste that is out of this world and a very sweet sweet smell to it. almost ready to come down and smoke. Pictures were taken on 01/23/14
Pineapple Skunk Day 49 Plant 2
Kushington_Farms_Uses_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_Day_49_6_.JPG
Kushington_Farms_Uses_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_Day_49_5_.JPG
Kushington_Farms_Uses_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_Day_49_3_.JPG
Kushington_Farms_Uses_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_Day_49_2_.JPG
Kushington_Farms_Uses_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_Day_49_1_.JPG

I always love to wake up and find an update from my favorite caregiver. Looks great kush. How the weather up there? Gonna be o.k. Here hoping to get in nine this morning

Thanks Dusty, doing good its been cold as a hell up this way. Its been snowing and blowing pretty good. Im ready to dust the clubs off myself. but I will survive I grew up in this shit weather. so just another winter

Very nice pictures and garden. I love the lighting. That is some darn good production with LED's, definitely seems like the new hit thing to do. Gonna be some fine buds coming in :popcorn:

There was a post from someone earlier in this thread that said, "you have to spend money to make money".

I don't grow for money. Just for my own needs along with my family and a few close friends. So the argument that you have to spend money to make money isn't so valid in my case.

I grow for quality - and I'm sure these lights are producing very good quality. But so do other lights at around 1/4 of the cost.

When I hear people yapping about grams per Watt, I just shake my head. There are so many other considerations besides just lights: space, power, number of plants, growing style (scrog, sog etc), nutrients and much more.

What I have not seen are lots of independent grow journals for Lush lights. Maybe I've just missed them. If so, could someone point me to where they are?

TopLED lights, on the other hand have many grow journals.

Lush Lights look very interesting. They make some very powerful claims, which if true, are absolutely phenomenal sounding. I'd love to see some independent testing backup their claims. And before anyone says that there is not independent testing for other light companies, most of them are not making claims of having better science. Lush Lights claims to have been able to do more than NASA.

Right now I have a 4' x 9' or so flower area. I have two TopLED Mars ll 1200's. They cost me around $900 total. To put two Lush Lights Dominator 2xXL in there, would cost $4000.00. So would the Dominator 2xXL create more than 4x the result with equal or better quality? If so, I would buy them.

The problem is there are no comparative grow journals. At least none that I can find.

I have followed along on this Journal. And while I love the look and quality of your grow, you seem to be about the only people actually doing a journal using these lights. (If I'm wrong, please point me to other journals.)

I would so much love for the claims this company makes to be valid. 30% more weight than HID is an incredible claim. And it seems like it would be so simple to do some comparative grows here on 420magazine. Shottafire could easily confirm whether these produce 30% more than HPS. And there are numerous other experts that can do a comparative grow against lights like TopLED.

Once these kinds of things have been done, if all bears out, I think there might be a case made for a $2000 light.

After seeing people post here that they didn't understand why people don't seem interested, I thought I would give my .02 as to why that might be.

I am anxious to learn more about these lights and look forward to your ongoing results and postings about them.

Back
Top Bottom