Kushtie: Autos In Aeroponics & NFT

Now I have 2x 600W of dual spectrum HPS, 4 NFT systems and an Amazon aeroponics system in my newly expanded grow space:

room2412-1.jpg

My auto grow will hopefully remain perpetual for a while but a run down of what I have started at the moment......

4x ShortStuff Auto Green Cracks in NFT table systems (GT205):

room2412-2.jpg

I was only going to grow one of them but the other three didn't have another home to go to so rather than chuck them I'm growing them. This end of the room might get a little cramped!

7x Dr Feelgood in an 8 pot Amazon aeroponics system:

room2412-3.jpg

Initially I started 5 of those but delays in getting them out the propagator put most of them in bad shape for going under HPS so I started another 3 to make sure I had enough to make sure putting up with this noisy (and thirsty!) aeroponics system worthwhile. Now I have too many but at least one of them isn't looking like it's going to do anything useful and can be binned. I might take the next worst one out too and put it in soil....we'll see....might just be easier to leave them and let chaos ensue there too.

Final pic is the older girls - ShortStuff Auto Gorilla OG on the left and 2x Sweet Seeds Red Poison Auto on the right:
room2412-4.jpg

More pics soon:tokin:

re: Kushtie - Autos in Aeroponics & NFT

A Red Poison Auto close up.....

rpa2512.jpg

My last one went red but at least this one still has pink trichomes to make pretty pictures. The smell is along the lines of the last one so hopefully it will be as enjoyable......I enjoyed that one so much I planted another 2 right away!

Green Poison Auto should be going in that NFT system next.

:passitleft:

re: Kushtie - Autos in Aeroponics & NFT

The Auto Green Cracks in NFT seem to be coming along nicely, or at least the ones in the fresh res are so I guess I need to get on with a res change on the other one.

Fresh res:
agc2612-1.jpg

Not so fresh res:
agc2612-2.jpg

I gave it a good top up with fresh water and nutes which has allowed them to perk up a bit while I let fresh water get up to temp so I can do a res change. After the holidays getting water up shouldn't be a problem.....res changes are easier during term time!

The 1st batch of Dr Feelgood for aeroponics have mostly picked up after I hurt them by leaving them in the propagator too long. The ones marked with 2 were from the 2nd batch a few days later and already have a bigger set of 1st leaves than the ones I stunted.

drf2612-1.jpg

drf2612-2.jpg

drf2612-3.jpg

Looks like wonky first leaves is user error here......an expensive mistake but a valuable lesson:allgood::passitleft:

Some of Short Stuff Auto Gorilla OG on day 63 (next to a couple of much taller Sweet Seeds Red Poison Autos on day 65 and pretty close to chop so I'll do more pics of that then).

agog2812-1.jpg

Top bud:
agog2812-2.jpg

Bud on far left of plant:
agog2812-3.jpg

And a closer view of one nearer the front:
agog2812-4.jpg

Oh yeah, did I mention the fantastic service I continue to get from one of our forum sponsors? My last couple of orders were for a 10 pack of female Dr Feelgood seeds and I got 11 of those and a nice selection of free autofems from the same breeder which are all labelled rather than the mix pack which was advertised.

The strain list isn't up to date but just give them a call if you want something that isn't listed..... female-seeds.co.uk/cannabis-seeds/shortstuff-seeds/.

newseeds1.jpg

seeds2210-11.jpg

....out of all those strains shown in the pics I think only 2 of them are listed as the rest are all newer strains released in the last year or 2.

Every thing seems to be moving along quite well....Auto Green Crack growing fast in NFT and now all 4 showing sex and getting some leaf tucking, Dr Feelgood in aeroponics are doing well too, Red Poison Autos are ready to harvest, Auto Gorilla OG is getting fatter and closer to finish and I'm prepping some soil pots to put the Blue Himalaya and runt of a Dr Feelgood in.

Not got pics of everything at the mo but the most interesting thing for me has been that my first session of leaf tucking in aeroponics resulted in both plants ending up with side shoots higher than the main!

drf0201-1.jpg

When I've been doing leaf tucking on this and other strains in NFT it has helped the side shoots keep up with the main but in aeroponics they just shot up higher:thedoubletake:

And the other shots I have at the min are bud shots....

Auto Gorilla OG:

agog3112-1.jpg

agog3112-2.jpg

agog3112-3.jpg

agog3112-4.jpg

Red Poison Auto:
rpa3112-1.jpg

Looks like eithee too high temps or too much nutes here. Now subbed along for the ride.

Good to have you along bud:thumb:

Aye, temps can go from one extreme to the other in my attic pretty quick. Looking at LEDs and sealing the draughts up so I can control things better. Humidity was real low then too but whatever it was seems to have sorted itself out as the AGCs are coming along well......

agc1801-1.jpg

agc1801-2.jpg

agc1801-3.jpg

agc1901-1.jpg

And Dr Feelgood in aeroponics is going nuts.......

drf2001-1.jpg

drf2001-2.jpg

drf2001-3.jpg

Got a few wee ones in soil too....

soil2001-1.jpg

Dr Feelgood at the back still in the net pot it came out the aero system in, Blue Himalaya in a 4" rockwool block because I was going to grow it in NFT but it had issues at the start so got left behind and the wee one is Auto Big Gun which isn't just a hydro reject:grinjoint:

Auto Gorilla OG getting closer to harvest:
agog0701-1.jpg

Auto Green Crack a couple of days ago:
agc0701-1.jpg

agc0801-2.jpg

agc0801-1.jpg

Auto Green Crack today:
agc0901-1.jpg

Dr Feelgood a couple of days ago:
drf0701-2.jpg
drf0701-1.jpg

Dr Feelgood today:
drf0901-1.jpg

My god u have got sum talent for those autos :cheer: and jus growing in general very nice looks like sum beauties for sure +reps 2u on these :bravo: N :Namaste:

Oh yea I almost forgot to ask but roughly what do u get after the cure for dry weight usually??

My god u have got sum talent for those autos :cheer: and jus growing in general very nice looks like sum beauties for sure +reps 2u on these :bravo: N :Namaste:

Oh yea I almost forgot to ask but roughly what do u get after the cure for dry weight usually??

Cheers bud. I'm trying to grow enough to find out how it cures lol......here's the weigh in pics for Auto Gorilla OG which I'm now tucking into....

279g or 9.84oz....

agog2301-1.jpg

agog2301-2.jpg

Usually I hope for a half pound or more from a mid-size auto but recently I've been growing more smaller plants. 1.3 grams per watt in as little as 60 days is my current target with the Auto Green Cracks and Dr Feelgoods. I've probably got about 900w on them.

Cheers bud. I'm trying to grow enough to find out how it cures lol......here's the weigh in pics for Auto Gorilla OG which I'm now tucking into....

279g or 9.84oz....

agog2301-1.jpg

agog2301-2.jpg

Usually I hope for a half pound or more from a mid-size auto but recently I've been growing more smaller plants. 1.3 grams per watt in as little as 60 days is my current target with the Auto Green Cracks and Dr Feelgoods. I've probably got about 900w on them.

Dam very nice is tht a fully dried weight?? An I been thinking about trying sum autos I got a purple kush n a early vixen both photo fem seeds from cks (cropkingseeds)so after I do these for a few runs n get used 2 growing with gud seeds cuz I've been using a friend's fem seeds made from the colloidal silver method but they were all his experiments in cross breeding so sum seeds came out great n others shity lol the genetics where really broken up but after I do my pk n ev I plan on tryn sum autos then. I run led lights do autos do gud under those tht u know of or no?? I have a 600w and 2 150w cubes in my flower forest n 2 150w cubes in my veg tent. From my understanding about autos which isn't much lol but u dnt have 2 switch them over from veg to flower right?? I wud jus put them under 12 12 right away or shud I veg for a week r 2 then flower?? Sry4all the questions jus a newbie grower here n seems like u know ur stuff lol but yea :thanks: n :Namaste:

Dam very nice is tht a fully dried weight?? An I been thinking about trying sum autos I got a purple kush n a early vixen both photo fem seeds from cks (cropkingseeds)so after I do these for a few runs n get used 2 growing with gud seeds cuz I've been using a friend's fem seeds made from the colloidal silver method but they were all his experiments in cross breeding so sum seeds came out great n others shity lol the genetics where really broken up but after I do my pk n ev I plan on tryn sum autos then. I run led lights do autos do gud under those tht u know of or no?? I have a 600w and 2 150w cubes in my flower forest n 2 150w cubes in my veg tent. From my understanding about autos which isn't much lol but u dnt have 2 switch them over from veg to flower right?? I wud jus put them under 12 12 right away or shud I veg for a week r 2 then flower?? Sry4all the questions jus a newbie grower here n seems like u know ur stuff lol but yea :thanks: n :Namaste:

Sorry for delay in getting back to you....been back at work and not at my pc much. Aye bud, that was a dry weight for one plant that took 80 days from seed to harvest.

Have seen great results under LED and hope to have some to play with soon. The biggest difference I find with autos is you can't leave them under a wee veg light for any length of time and the sooner you get them under a big light that is on for at least 18 hours a day the better. You get the seeds started and get as much light on them as you can without frying them. You could run autos in a tent on 12/12 but I think 20/4 or even 24/0 is better for autos.....I run 20/4 as my attic gets too cold if the lights are off for 12 hours (it's -3c outside and with 1200W of hps going it's 24.4c in my grow room).

From what i know blazinjones autos do well under 18/6 from the start or 20/4. Dont think there much need for 24/0 as they still need a dark period.

For dry weight after cure i dont think there much difference from dry weight to cure weight. Once they are dry then they are dry, curing brings out the flavours and smells and very little weight is lost from then on in. If i am being honest i have never weighed final cure after drying just weigh after drying and i take that to be my final weight. Perhaps i should do a dry weigh and then a cure weigh after 4 weeks curing.

Back
Top Bottom